2018 Recruiting Thread | Page 11 | The Boneyard

2018 Recruiting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Can someone give me the Twitter to English translation? I get the "UCONN with the fire" part but what exactly is that referring too? How hard we're recruiting him? How impressed he is with our staff's recruitment of him?

He's referring to the "edit" (picture of his high school uniform morphing into a UConn uniform - see the Dillon Harris one above showing the Cheshire uniform>UConn uniform). This is a new UConn recruiting tool (if the school is pushing them out directly). He's verbaled to PennState but we still offered and he's getting regular communication so I would imagine we are pursuing him more than a courtesy offer (wonder if people heard rumbles - we don't just offer all "committed" kids). He appears to be impressed.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
He's referring to the "edit" (picture of his high school uniform morphing into a UConn uniform - see the Dillon Harris one above showing the Cheshire uniform>UConn uniform). This is a new UConn recruiting tool (if the school is pushing them out directly). He's verbaled to PennState but we still offered and he's getting regular communication so I would imagine we are pursuing him more than a courtesy offer (wonder if people heard rumbles - we don't just offer all "committed" kids). He appears to be impressed.

Thanks, Medic!

I love this new recruiting tool.

UCONN with the
1f525.png
!!!

Reaction Score

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Happy we're looking JUCO early now too.. gotta look for impact guys all over the field... if they fit academically and football scheme wise and character wise, no matter if they're HS, Prep School, JUCO, you gotta go after them... No more sitting back with the recruiting...

I dont know if we have ever offered on a JUCO kid that wasn't a QB. This is a great sign.

Reaction Score
I preface this with a "This is a guess" disclaimer...

I think the early offers to juco's will tell us about a couple things:

1. The guys we have on the roster at this position aren't good enough, and might not ever be

2. The guys we have on the roster at this position don't fit our new scheme

OR maybe this kid just blew away the staff, and someone has a connection to that CC.

I think the lack of football lately combined with the excitement of the new staff is making me look for weird connections and conspiracies all over the place. Can we start playing football soon?

Reaction Score

La'damian Webb is a 5-9 190lb RB/DB from Beauregard High School in Opelika, Alabama. Other offers from BGSU, Indiana, Iowa State, Louisville, Middle Tennessee State, Mississippi State, Ole Miss, Missouri, Southern Miss, Toledo, Troy and UAB.

Noah Mindel‏ @noahmindel 24m 24 minutes ago
Looks like former #Auburn OC Rhett Lashlee still likes key prospects from Alabama. Mr. Football @webb_3ladamian picks up an offer from UCONN

State of Alabama Mr. Football:
Don Hawes‏ @DonWVTM13 Jan 18
Beauregard RB La'Damian Webb named Mr. Football.. ran for 3,342 yards and state-record 49 TDs in 2016

Last edited:
Reaction Score

La'damian Webb is a 5-9 190lb RB/DB from Beauregard High School in Opelika, Alabama. Other offers from BGSU, Indiana, Iowa State, Louisville, Middle Tennessee State, Mississippi State, Ole Miss, Missouri, Southern Miss, Toledo, Troy and UAB.

Noah Mindel‏ @noahmindel 24m 24 minutes ago
Looks like former #Auburn OC Rhett Lashlee still likes key prospects from Alabama. Mr. Football @webb_3ladamian picks up an offer from UCONN

State of Alabama Mr. Football:
Don Hawes‏ @DonWVTM13 Jan 18
Beauregard RB La'Damian Webb named Mr. Football.. ran for 3,342 yards and state-record 49 TDs in 2016

WOW!!!
That dude is nasty!

Reaction Score

Lancine Turay is a 6-6 240lb DE from Irvington High School in Irvington, New Jersey. He attended UConn Junior Day today. His brother will be a RS Sr DE w/ Rutgers this year. Other offers from Maryland, ODU, Rutgers, Syracuse, UCF, UMass and BC.

From a longer Scout premium article on Lancine Turay's recruitment today:

>>"I would say that the top 3 that hit me up a lot are Rutgers, Syracuse and UConn" Turay said. "No Leaders."<<

>>UConn's decision to bring coach Randy Edsall back into the fold makes the Huskies an interesting option. "We saw the facilities, we saw the campus, the dining hall, the town around it," Turay said. "It was new experience. I didn't think it would be like that. I like it". "The staff is very put together, and I think they know what they want to do with the program."<<

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
While we have yielded only one commit, this year's junior days, general recruiting interest by prospects and the effort by the staff has been really encouraging. Hope it keeps rolling and maybe by May we have some commits.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
While we have yielded only one commit, this year's junior days, general recruiting interest by prospects and the effort by the staff has been really encouraging. Hope it keeps rolling and maybe by May we have some commits.
Aaaaaaaand that tally of one verbal commit is one more than at any point before June of the previous three seasons.

Reaction Score

Cameron Taylor is a 6-0 195lb WR from Park Crossing High School in Montgomery Alabama. Other offers from Arkansas State, Cincinnati, Iowa State, Jacksonville State, Michigan, Samford, Southern Miss, Toledo, Troy, and UCF.

First University of UConn award for 2018!

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Last edited:
Reaction Score
The top 50 high school football recruits in New Jersey: NJ.com's March 8 edition

>>High school breakdown: Peddie, Bergen Catholic and St. Peter's Prep lead the way with five selections, apiece. Don Bosco and St. Joseph (Mont.) have four, apiece. Meanwhile, DePaul has three and Irvington, St. Augustine and Paramus Catholic have two.<<

15 held/have offers or have visited UConn recently (#37 Jean-Baptiste and #45 Banks were up in the last few weeks as part of Junior/Underclassmen Days but don't hold offers yet). There also has been a number of un-ranked visitors (2018 and other classes) up from schools mentioned in the high school breakdown above.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
The top 50 high school football recruits in New Jersey: NJ.com's March 8 edition

>>High school breakdown: Peddie, Bergen Catholic and St. Peter's Prep lead the way with five selections, apiece. Don Bosco and St. Joseph (Mont.) have four, apiece. Meanwhile, DePaul has three and Irvington, St. Augustine and Paramus Catholic have two.<<

15 held/have offers or have visited UConn recently (#37 Jean-Baptiste and #45 Banks were up in the last few weeks as part of Junior/Underclassmen Days but don't hold offers yet). There also has been a number of un-ranked visitors (2018 and other classes) up from schools mentioned in the high school breakdown above.
Wait, I thought Diaco walled us out of NJ when the Dickens schollie story went haywire in January? :rolleyes:

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
@UcGrkFrk #7 on the offer list Brendan Radley-Hiles is who I was referring to the other day. Film is incredible. Looks like a Florida/Nebraska/USC/UCLA battle unfortunately.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom