2018 New York Mets season thread | Page 4 | The Boneyard

2018 New York Mets season thread

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Season’s over, blow it all up. Nobody should be off the table, but agree Jake should stay unless some team is willing to pony up huge.
They can’t hit. At all.
And the saddest part is that they can't ever hit for Jake.

I almost feel bad for him that he is stuck with us. He deserves better.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
I want them to blow it up, but the sad thing is I'm not looking forward to that because I don't have any faith that Alderson will be able to get good value for the pieces we trade off. I'm almost hoping we get rid of him after the season and bring in a new GM and that person blows it up. Still, the bottom line is as long as the organization is run by the Wilpons I'm not going to have any confidence in this organization doing anything right.

Reaction Score
Wait a second.

Omar Minaya is making personnel decisions for the Mets? Stop the train, I want to get off.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
I hope they trade off any veterans on expiring deals in the next month, hang onto deGrom and Syndergaard, and hire a new GM in the fall. Don't want this three-headed monster making any big-time decisions for this organization, especially if Jeff Wilpon is insisting on making the final call on all decisions.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
We are batting .207 at home.

Let that sink in.

deGrom deserves better than us.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
And now Fred is reportedly interested in hiring an "old-school" GM to take over next year and thinks Sandy focused too much on analytics. Our team has a smaller analytics staff than almost any other in baseball already.

I hate this team.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
And now Fred is reportedly interested in hiring an "old-school" GM to take over next year and thinks Sandy focused too much on analytics. Our team has a smaller analytics staff than almost any other in baseball already.

I hate this team.

Then they should hire Barry Bonds. He was all over the Pirates broadcast last night (had his #25 retired by Giants) and his views of baseball are positively 1980s when it comes to analytics and fundamentals. Bonds is currently in FO for Giants as a "special assistant". Not sure what role he's had in Giants acquiring all the fossils on their current roster.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I tip my hat to the Mets for throwing their best pitcher in a make-up game. It knocked the Yanks for a loop. They haven't had a day off since July.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score

I hate this team.

I was baffled when I read that.

I’m not against traditional work, but if you go with a traditional guy, you need an impressive team of analytics guys to support him.

Reaction Score
Looking forward to next year and then they will probably break my heart again.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
Looking forward to next year and then they will probably break my heart again.

Terry Collins getting out-managed by Ned Yost was probably a sign.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
Jacob deGrom is an absolute stud. It'll be a travesty if he doesn't win the Cy Young.

Reaction Score
Nice exit by Wright tonight. Sad to think that even what he did tonight may have pushed his physical limitations. Not many pro athletes finish their career with one team and have no negative press of any kind in that time.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom