2017 Scholarship Chart | Page 7 | The Boneyard

2017 Scholarship Chart

Reaction Score
Chart has been updated. I left Elijah Jeffreys at QB for now, because I haven't seen anything definitive on position for him. UCONN has 7 spots left for the 2018 class.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Chart has been updated. I left Elijah Jeffreys at QB for now, because I haven't seen anything definitive on position for him. UCONN has 7 spots left for the 2018 class.

How about this for the position status on Jeffreys?
UConn Football Recruiting: WR Elijah Jeffreys Commits to Huskies

As for spots, I thought we had 10 spaces left for 2018 (to the 25 max)....I guess the difference is I am assuming attrition to make it work.

Reaction Score
How about this for the position status on Jeffreys?
UConn Football Recruiting: WR Elijah Jeffreys Commits to Huskies

As for spots, I thought we had 10 spaces left for 2018 (to the 25 max)....I guess the difference is I am assuming attrition to make it work.
That is good enough for me. Jeffreys added to WR

When it comes to max number of spots, if you want to look at it like that, UCONN has 11 spots left. Since they didn't take a full class last season, Eli Thomas as an early enrolee can count towards last years numbers.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Updated the file in Google Docs. Looks like 80 scholarship players currently, and 20 spots left for the 2018 class.

I have some scholarship chart adjustments to consider:

i) Looks like its time to move Hahn to the LB corp per the new 2 deep
ii) move Donovan Williams to the WR group
iii) move Zavier Scott to the WR group per practice notes which mention Bisack favoring as a WR target
iv) these changes give us 11 WR on the roster right now on scholarship, before adding Donaldson and Chaney as scholarship players which would get you get to 13.
v) my hunch is that Magliozzi (new punter) is on scholarship, why else come all the way here, thoughts? if so, that gives us two young punters on scholarship which does not see ideal.

If we are at 83 scholarships, then only two of the three; Donaldson, Chaney and Magliozzi could be added. And if I had to guess, I would guess its Chaney that is PWO.

And if we have 20 seniors, we need 5 other underclassman to exit to have 25 spaces next week....just saying

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
I have some scholarship chart adjustments to consider:

i) Looks like its time to move Hahn to the LB corp per the new 2 deep
ii) move Donovan Williams to the WR group
iii) move Zavier Scott to the WR group per practice notes which mention Bisack favoring as a WR target
iv) these changes give us 11 WR on the roster right now on scholarship, before adding Donaldson and Chaney as scholarship players which would get you get to 13.
v) my hunch is that Magliozzi (new punter) is on scholarship, why else come all the way here, thoughts? if so, that gives us two young punters on scholarship which does not see ideal.

If we are at 83 scholarships, then only two of the three; Donaldson, Chaney and Magliozzi could be added. And if I had to guess, I would guess its Chaney that is PWO.

And if we have 20 seniors, we need 5 other underclassman to exit to have 25 spaces next week....just saying

I could be wrong, but I don't think there is any documentation re. Chaney coming in on scholarship.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
I could be wrong, but I don't think there is any documentation re. Chaney coming in on scholarship.

Right, and if Donaldson has earned a scholarship and Magliozzi as well, then there wouldn't be capacity anyway.

Reaction Score
Right, and if Donaldson has earned a scholarship and Magliozzi as well, then there wouldn't be capacity anyway.

As discussed in the ?Depth Chart thread? - I haven't seen anything that has said Donaldson is now on scholarship - he came in as a PWO in 2016 (it could have happened quietly but I haven't seen anything public)

Reaction Score
Updated the chart. Made the following changes so far:

* Donovan Williams to WR
* Tyler Davis to WR
* Zavier Scott to WR
* Eddie Hahn to LB
* Have not added Mason Donaldson, Jarrell Chaney, Luke Magliozzi

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Updated the chart. Made the following changes so far:

* Donovan Williams to WR
* Tyler Davis to WR
* Zavier Scott to WR
* Eddie Hahn to LB
* Have not added Mason Donaldson, Jarrell Chaney, Luke Magliozzi

Cool, but somehow Jeffreys is back at QB rather than WR which has been confirmed....just saying :)

And I see you collapsed the DBs to one pod. That probably makes sense until we see how it really operates. It does seem however that Summers, Bell, Swan, Swenson and Herring-Wilson are CBs while the others are Safeties.

I hope I am not annoying you - I mean well.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I hope I am not annoying you - I mean well.

I am the type of person that creates a spreadsheet for this kind of thing, I need it to be as accurate as possible. Not bothering me at all.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Magliozzi is on scholarship if that is in question - at least according to the UConn blog story about him:

UConn would be one of the recipients of Magliozzi’s tape and ended up offering him a scholarship. Eventually, he would commit, despite not taking a single step on campus, or even knowing much about the school in general.

Reaction Score
Some applicable commentary from today's media conference call:

Jim Fuller‏ @NHRJimFuller 2m 2 minutes ago
#UConn will add 4 walk-ons from today's tryouts & Randy Edsall hopeful that receiver Kyle Buss will be eligible to play in '17

Neill Ostrout‏ @NeillOstrout
Edsall said the team will add 4 walk-ons from tryouts today. 9 tried out

Jim Fuller‏ @NHRJimFuller 5m 5 minutes ago
Randy Edsall confirmed that LB Eli Thomas is enrolled in classes but is not expected to play this year for #UConn

Gavin Keefe‏ @GavinKeefe 43s 44 seconds ago
Buss, a wide receiver, is a transfer from Robert Morris. Edsall is exploring possible avenues that will allow Buss to become eligible

Gavin Keefe‏ @GavinKeefe 2m 2 minutes ago
Edsall said that Eli Thomas, a junior college transfer, has enrolled at UConn. Thomas, a linebacker, won't be eligible until next year.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom