2017 Scholarship Chart | Page 5 | The Boneyard

2017 Scholarship Chart

Reaction Score
What the hell difference does it make what we say here? You said students/players don't read the boneyard anyway, so therefore aren't we free to judge and comment as we wish?

You're free to comment and judge all you wish. Just realize that on a message board there will be people who don't see things through your world view. You're an angry guy.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
You're free to comment and judge all you wish. Just realize that on a message board there will be people who don't see things through your world view. You're an angry guy.
Criminy, all he did was say that he'd have stayed at UConn for the education. How does that make him an angry guy?

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Criminy, all he did was say that he'd have stayed at UConn for the education. How does that make him an angry guy?

Amazing right? That's all I said. Pretty harmless.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
I think you guys kinda got my point... Alls I'm sayin is the world has changed a lot when it comes to college, IMO... It's become way more like a world of who you know and not what you know or where you went, unless you specialize in certain fields or even whether or not an area of the country I assumed (my bad) might've been in a warmer climate than where we are now.
The college experience, for the majority, is the biggest life experience you could have before life really begins....
It's a nice journey this kid takes for his own sake, not what's considered social norm...
That's cool, I get your drift.

Sometimes I can't help be share my own observations and my life experience has seen alot of kids attend lesser schools and then become frustrated with their glass ceiling in middle age. Some really haven't accomplished anymore than had they gone to school at all.

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
That's cool, I get your drift.

Sometimes I can't help be share my own observations and my life experience has seen alot of kids attend lesser schools and then become frustrated with their glass ceiling in middle age. Some really haven't accomplished anymore than had they gone to school at all.

I'd agree with KTuck's sentiment that it's about who you know, but who you know is incredibly dependent (in most cases) on where you went. I've been a UConn student and am doing grad work at a higher endowment private school and it's really incredible to see how easy it is to get people to take you seriously when the institution at the end of your e-mail address changes. Also, there are so many connections through alums and faculty, way more money/resources to do things while you're in school. Two different worlds really.

Reaction Score
Not seeing Will Richardson listed on the roster. I may have missed something.

Reaction Score
We had heard some disgruntled parents recently.

The clear thing is that HCRE has a different (and had) worldview of using Walk-ons. And how they achieve scholarships than Mr. Diaco. Diaco, imho, really sought the recruited walk-on and promoted them through the ranks. Thus, Allmendinger and Bisack ... others ... have been afforded some good opportunity. I can't tell you how many got 2017 scholarships ... but some are leaving. Besides Tabur, Luke Sowa has left. And that's all I know. I scanned the roster just now; nothing else looks missing.

Reaction Score
We had heard some disgruntled parents recently.

The clear thing is that HCRE has a different (and had) worldview of using Walk-ons. And how they achieve scholarships than Mr. Diaco. Diaco, imho, really sought the recruited walk-on and promoted them through the ranks. Thus, Allmendinger and Bisack ... others ... have been afforded some good opportunity. I can't tell you how many got 2017 scholarships ... but some are leaving. Besides Tabur, Luke Sowa has left. And that's all I know. I scanned the roster just now; nothing else looks missing.

Edsall V1 would play a walk-on if he thought it could help the team, but walk-ons rarely got schollies unless they were truly going to be regularly on the two deep. There were also rumblings from time to time that a walk-on had to be clearly better than a scholarship player -- not just marginally better -- to earn snaps. It may be that Diaco made it easier on walk-ons.

While I'm obviously always sorry for those young men who are harmed and inconvenienced by coaching changes, it is what it is and it's hardly something troubling.

Reaction Score
Did Richardson just not fit the system? I was really looking forward to watching him play

Reaction Score
Luke Sowa‏ @Luke_Sowa35 27m27 minutes ago
Just to clear up some misunderstandings I was on full scholarship at UConn so was Tom Tabur. We were both on full scholarship fall '16

0 replies0 retweets0 likes
Interesting, I'm sure these kids are great student athletes and best of luck to these young men in the future, but why did Diaco give them D1 scholarships if they aren't ready to play D1 football? Did Diaco give every PWO player a scholarship before he left?!

Reading between the tea leaves, but it looks like Edsall's been very open about playing time with his new players as he continues to evaluate their skills and open up scholarships for the upcoming recruiting season.

Reaction Score
However ... both Sowa & Tabur arrived at UConn as preferred walk-ons

There was anger and expressed as they exited.

We know ... from all we've seen in the past ... Edsall has a different perspective on walk-ons than Diaco. Disco truly believed he could foster a Program whereby physically capable underrecruited kids got a shot. This I believe has good potential - frankly beyond 100 other wacky ideas of BD. Edsall doesn't see the Program player prospects this way. That's just a fact: we know from watching.

Both Tabur & Sowa had a shot thru Spring practice. It was Edsalls perogrative to use the scholarships on other kids. I'm sorry about the hard feelings. But that's certainly a life lesson.

Reaction Score
However ... both Sowa & Tabur arrived at UConn as preferred walk-ons

There was anger and expressed as they exited.

We know ... from all we've seen in the past ... Edsall has a different perspective on walk-ons than Diaco. Disco truly believed he could foster a Program whereby physically capable underrecruited kids got a shot. This I believe has good potential - frankly beyond 100 other wacky ideas of BD. Edsall doesn't see the Program player prospects this way. That's just a fact: we know from watching.

Both Tabur & Sowa had a shot thru Spring practice. It was Edsalls perogrative to use the scholarships on other kids. I'm sorry about the hard feelings. But that's certainly a life lesson.

It is nice to be acting like we're a big boy program again.

Reaction Score
Yup... completely missed:

Storrs South‏ @UConn6thBorough 56m 56 minutes ago
Replying to @NeillOstrout
somehow we all missed this from last week

Report: South Carolina graduate transfer RB David Williams visits SEC West program

>>The one-time starter for the Gamecocks, who announced earlier in the offseason that he would transfer to Connecticut, reportedly visited Arkansas over the weekend, according to 247 Sports. Williams, a graduate transfer and eligible to play immediately, announced plans to transfer after he lost playing time throughout the season, and didn’t play in the Birmingham Bowl.

Williams played in nine games last season, rushed for 239 yards and three touchdowns. He had less than nine carries in seven games.

Arkansas, meanwhile, is looking for running back depth following the retirement of Rawleigh Williams III after a second neck injury.<<

Last edited:

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
Wow. No David Williams. Was hoping he could be a strong back to join with Newsome and give him some needed rest between downs. Losing him to Arkansas and losing the DT to Houston definitely hurts a bit...

Reaction Score
upload_2017-6-16_19-47-17.png

!!!!!!! itshappening.gif

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69