2017 Scholarship Chart | Page 6 | The Boneyard

2017 Scholarship Chart

Reaction Score
Yup... completely missed:

Storrs South‏ @UConn6thBorough 56m 56 minutes ago
Replying to @NeillOstrout
somehow we all missed this from last week

Report: South Carolina graduate transfer RB David Williams visits SEC West program

>>The one-time starter for the Gamecocks, who announced earlier in the offseason that he would transfer to Connecticut, reportedly visited Arkansas over the weekend, according to 247 Sports. Williams, a graduate transfer and eligible to play immediately, announced plans to transfer after he lost playing time throughout the season, and didn’t play in the Birmingham Bowl.

Williams played in nine games last season, rushed for 239 yards and three touchdowns. He had less than nine carries in seven games.

Arkansas, meanwhile, is looking for running back depth following the retirement of Rawleigh Williams III after a second neck injury.<<

Dave Williams on Twitter

Reaction Score
OT, but question for you medic...does your EMT career take you to St. Francis often? I'm working in the ER there now and would love to run into a fellow BYer

Not in the field as an active paramedic anymore... but have spent my fair share of time @ St Frans ED over the years. Dr Wolf is one of my all time favorites ER docs. Johnny Q is also a good dude (Emergency Services Mgr).

Reaction Score
OT, but question for you medic...does your EMT career take you to St. Francis often? I'm working in the ER there now and would love to run into a fellow BYer
do you like it there? My friends were nurses there for a while and were not fans.

Reaction Score
Maybe I had missed it previously, but today's CT Post says that Nazir Williams was dismissed from the team. I remember that he had gotten in trouble in the Fall.

Also the CT Post confirmed that William Richardson, Tabur, Sowa and Allmedinger are no longer on the team. Reading between the lines, it seems like these guys left to find new spots where they would get more playing time.

Reaction Score
Maybe I had missed it previously, but today's CT Post says that Nazir Williams was dismissed from the team. I remember that he had gotten in trouble in the Fall.

Also the CT Post confirmed that William Richardson, Tabur, Sowa and Allmedinger are no longer on the team. Reading between the lines, it seems like these guys left to find new spots where they would get more playing time.

All in the posts above...

C

Chief00

We are likely going to have to move someone from another position to RB for running back depth. The combined loss of Williams and Johnson hurts.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
I liked Brayden Brown's tape at RB for that purpose - but he's also the kind of kid that I dont want to switch around unless RB is really going to be the long term position.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Isn't Rishell a kicker now and not a QB? I thought that was one thing we learned at the spring game?

Reaction Score
We are likely going to have to move someone from another position to RB for running back depth. The combined loss of Williams and Johnson hurts.
I doubt it. I'd rather play a true freshman than move someone to RB if the switch isn't permanent.

Reaction Score
Which FR do you see stepping up?
I think Hopkins and Vickers are going to be pretty good. That gives us three backs which is fine if no one is injured. I'd rather not burn Mensah's red shirt if things go bad, but it's going to be a long rebuild anyway. Might as well get him reps.

Reaction Score
With Buss and Scott, it looks like UCONN is up to 82 scholarships for this season. They have 15 spots left for next year.

Reaction Score
Our RB depth still needs to be addressed. I know we had a guy for about 5 minutes but we need another.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
With Buss and Scott, it looks like UConn is up to 82 scholarships for this season. They have 15 spots left for next year.
And now with Rose on scholarship we have 83 on and space for two more this fall.

Seems like we might get one of those two remaining spaces filled with a Juco Dlineman.

What is the latest someone can enroll for this fall and still participant like Mensah, Buss (transfer rules regarding immediate playing time notwithstanding) and Rose? Aug 28th- first game?

Reaction Score
What is the latest someone can enroll for this fall and still participant like Mensah, Buss (transfer rules regarding immediate playing time notwithstanding) and Rose? Aug 28th- first game?

Rose is already on campus.

Fall semester begins on Monday - August 28th but I can't imagine if they aren't on campus and in camp on July 27th - they aren't playing this season (eligibility issues aside).

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Rose is already on campus.

Fall semester begins on Monday - August 28th but I can't imagine if they aren't on campus and in camp on July 27th - they aren't playing this season (eligibility issues aside).

I know Rose is on campus...but thanks.

7/27 sounds like a cut off date with 8/28 the absolute latest. If this program could pull in the right JUCO OL or DL player in August for immediate transfer I would think it would happen.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Time to add Jeffreys to WR, Thomas to LB and Rooney to OL.

and I think Chaney too as a Freshman WR.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Time to add Jeffreys to WR, Thomas to LB and Rooney to OL.

and I think Chaney too as a Freshman WR.

Do we know for sure if Chaney is on scholarship to start?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TBall

Top Bottom