2017 Recruiting Thread | Page 52 | The Boneyard

2017 Recruiting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

31GuardTrap

Bringing back the basics
Reaction Score
The old Edsall was pretty inflexible as to grad transfers and JUCOs. He wanted time to make players his. It appears as if he recognizes that he is starting in a hole and needs to be more flexible to produce results more quickly than he did last time. Good.

I'd be even happier if someone on our staff starts following a grad transfer speed rusher.
I think he realizes now.....and also from the last 6 years of exp with both MD and Detroit....you can still develop your guys but also bring in some guys that will help right away. Not a bad way of thinking and growing your program. You want to win as much as you can obviously.
This team needs a few pieces to round it out for this upcoming season. It does not have to be an entire rebuild which I think most agree it won't be.

Reaction Score
I think he realizes now.....and also from the last 6 years of exp with both MD and Detroit....you can still develop your guys but also bring in some guys that will help right away. Not a bad way of thinking and growing your program. You want to win as much as you can obviously.
This team needs a few pieces to round it out for this upcoming season. It does not have to be an entire rebuild which I think most agree it won't be.

The "entire rebuild" is the '18 season. The '17 season needs some supplemental pieces, but mostly (well, mostly assuming we have a QB) needs for the players to start believing in their coaches again, and their coaches actually putting them in positions to succeed.

31GuardTrap

Bringing back the basics
Reaction Score
The "entire rebuild" is the '18 season. The '17 season needs some supplemental pieces, but mostly (well, mostly assuming we have a QB) needs for the players to start believing in their coaches again, and their coaches actually putting them in positions to succeed.
I don't think it will be that much of a drop off. Ther eis talent on this team at the skill positions (QB aside) Obviously, we need to see what they bring in this year and next but I don't see RL beeing an OC through a rebuilding phase. Maybe along the lines of the 06 season but still have a shot at .500?

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
Rhett Lashlee is now following grad transfers Brandon Pertile (OL - Oklahoma St) and Dominique Booth (WR - Indiana) on Twitter.

Not sure if it matters, but Pertile said he's looking to do a grad transfer to pursue a law degree. That might be tough at a school like UConn where the law school is quite a commute from Storrs

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Wow. We have a ton of private school kids that have been offered. More than I have ever seen. The admissions standards must be getting more and more stringent.

Reaction Score
Wow. We have a ton of private school kids that have been offered. More than I have ever seen. The admissions standards must be getting more and more stringent.
Um, where have you been? Didn't you know that UConn is considered a public Ivy?:cool:

Reaction Score
Um, where have you been? Didn't you know that UConn is considered a public Ivy?:cool:

Certainly something to be proud of but it goes without saying that it puts us at a competitive disadvantage if we don't make exceptions. Back on the old SAT scale I had a friend with a score in the mid 900s get into an actual Ivy league school because he was a good rower. I don't see why UConn can't get out of its own way on this.

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score

I know this was added above but just love the attention were putting on CT guys. Don't just let BC come in here and scoop our guys

Reaction Score
Jon Santucci@JonSantucci34 mins ago
.@VBFootball WR Michael Smith picked up an offer from #UConn today. #Pitt also showing interest.
#TCPrepZone

Michael Smith ‏@cantguardmike11 22m 22 minutes ago
Extremely blessed to receive my 4th offer from UConn

Michael Smith is a 6-3 215lb WR from Vero Beach High School, Vero Beach, Florida. Other offers from UMass, Tennessee-Martin and Florida A&M.

Senior Highlights - Michael Smith highlights

Michael Smith ‏@cantguardmike11 2m 2 minutes ago
After Talking With My Family, I Have Officially Decided To Commit To The University Of Pittsburgh #H2P #PittIsLit

sdhusky

1972,73 & 98 Boneyard Poster of the Year
Reaction Score
I will choose to read something into the fact that he tweeted it out without adding "but as said going to BC."

Read into it? I'm adapting the novel and making a movie.

Its a done deal he is going to UConn

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Hopefully we get some commits this weekend. Elliott Brown is apparently scheduled to visit according to TOS. And Blackshear is supposed to come up, date TBD. Anything else we know about?

Reaction Score

more kids are heading to private and prep schools so I wouldn't take it to mean anything

Reaction Score
Hopefully we get some commits this weekend. Elliott Brown is apparently scheduled to visit according to TOS. And Blackshear is supposed to come up, date TBD. Anything else we know about?

I think there will be a lot of surprises and covert activity. It will be interesting to watch the social media of the kids that hold current offers from the previous staff to see if they wander in for visits. I would imagine a few may have also received calls about their previous offers and are quietly looking for options based on some tweets/retweets/subtweets I have seen.

Reaction Score
Joshua Maize ‏@MaizeJoshua 29m 29 minutes ago
Blessed to receive my 14th offer from Western Michigan University

Cuurent offers now besides UConn are Indiana, Ball State, Buffalo, Eastern, Central and Western Michigan, Miami-Ohio, Toledo, Northern Illinois, New Mexico, North Dakota State, Youngstown State and Wyoming

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
I think there will be a lot of surprises and covert activity. It will be interesting to watch the social media of the kids that hold current offers from the previous staff to see if they wander in for visits. I would imagine a few may have also received calls about their previous offers and are quietly looking for options based on some tweets/retweets/subtweets I have seen.

Well - I hope that is true, covert activity is certainly better than no activity and we know Randy likes to keep it quiet.

Reaction Score
Garrison Burnett@___nosirrag6 mins ago
Been blessed to say that I have received an offer from UConn!! #GoHuskies #GloryBeToGod

Garrison Burnett is a 6-0 190lb CB/DT QB from the Maret School in Washington DC. Other offer from Army, Navy, Air Force, Wofford and Stony Brook.
Garrison Burnett Hudl highlights (Defense)
Garrison Burnett Hudl highlights (Offense)

As a QB and a DB, Maret’s Garrison Burnett is proving he can make and break big plays

Aman is reporting that Burnett will be visiting Storrs this weekend.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom