2017 National Signing Day Thread | Page 5 | The Boneyard

2017 National Signing Day Thread

Reaction Score
Mike Anthony referenced the 2.0 in yesterday's article also. Like I've mentioned before, we are the foremost source for UConn Husky news out there... :)

Definition of crowdsourcing
  1. : the practice of obtaining needed services, ideas, or content by soliciting contributions from a large group of people and especially from the online community rather than from traditional employees or suppliers
This is the best crowdsourcing site for UConn athletic news on the web. I'm sure the powers that be monitor it daily, if not contribute.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
  1. : the practice of obtaining needed services, ideas, or content by soliciting contributions from a large group of people and especially from the online community rather than from traditional employees or suppliers
This is the best crowdsourcing site for UConn athletic news on the web. I'm sure the powers that be monitor it daily, if not contribute.

And by crowd sourcing, you mean we have @huskymedic and they don't... ;)

Samoo

Providence-Newark-San Antonio
Reaction Score
If you're searching for a definition for d!c%head, just look up a couple of posts.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Pretty lackluster class by the Huskies. I'll be a fan of the Beavers kid though, he went to my high school. I know recruiting during a transitional year where you get a whole new staff is tough but pretty much every recruiting site has UConn's class ranked near the bottom of the AAC and in the 80's or 90's nationally. I know you guys will hype it up because you know these kids a bit through following the whole recruitment process but the bottom line is this was a very subpar class and most likely won't get UConn anywhere near the top of the AAC. On the other hand my Bearcats of Cincinnati's class is ranked #1 by Rivals, #1 by Scout and #3 by 247 and that's not even counting the addition of Ohio State transfer Torrance Gibson, Gibson has a chance to possibly be the biggest impact transfer in the country. If you're wondering, he does not have to sit out a year, he'll be eligible right away. Our staff was hired on December 10th and put together either the best class in the AAC or real close to it. Talk about getting the job done. I look forward to our game this fall in Nippert Stadium.
Great. Maybe you'll win this time.

Reaction Score
Pretty lackluster class by the Huskies. I'll be a fan of the Beavers kid though, he went to my high school. I know recruiting during a transitional year where you get a whole new staff is tough but pretty much every recruiting site has UConn's class ranked near the bottom of the AAC and in the 80's or 90's nationally. I know you guys will hype it up because you know these kids a bit through following the whole recruitment process but the bottom line is this was a very subpar class and most likely won't get UConn anywhere near the top of the AAC. On the other hand my Bearcats of Cincinnati's class is ranked #1 by Rivals, #1 by Scout and #3 by 247 and that's not even counting the addition of Ohio State transfer Torrance Gibson, Gibson has a chance to possibly be the biggest impact transfer in the country. If you're wondering, he does not have to sit out a year, he'll be eligible right away. Our staff was hired on December 10th and put together either the best class in the AAC or real close to it. Talk about getting the job done. I look forward to our game this fall in Nippert Stadium.
Good for you...maybe you won't get embarrassed next year!

Reaction Score

Solid Trolling Effort: 7/10

Add a few more backhanded compliments and a sprinkle more of braggadocio and you'll have real potential for an 8 or 9.

Here's some "alternate facts" for you...

First no one outside of a 10 mile radius of The Cincinnati Campus gives a Bearcat's A** about your school, or the "awesome" class that you are so quick to brag about. A class that averaged around a 60 ranking on all 3 major services. Not bad, but nothing to crow about IMO.

Second you weren't #1 on Rivals, that would be UCF. If you are going to pound your chest at least check your facts first.

Third no one asked about Torrence Gibson, a WR pretending to be a QB, who fizzled out quickly at tOSU. Thanks for bringing him up I guess.

Fourth Here's a final fact for you. Luke Fickel's record as a HC is 6-7. At Ohio State... This constitutes the worst record in 2 decades. An impressive fact when you realize that tis occurred at a period of time where talent in the conference was down and OSU had a decided athletic advantage every time they stepped on the field. Every. Single. Time. Maybe Fickell has his act together, maybe he'll take Cincy to the next level, but dang it if when I watched him coach before he didn't have the same blank deer in the headlights look on his face that one Bob Diaco displayed at UConn. JMO but give me the coach who has proven he can do far more with less, than the guy who did little with so much more.

Reaction Score

The problem with beating your chest over the mindsets of 18 y.o. boys/men is that (a) they may not grow the way you want/need and (b) they're fickle. You see, one of them wakes up today and says, heck, I'm not going to Maryland, I am going to UCF and BAM you are not #1.

Oh, and as an aside, we got an SEC transfer RB who, like Gibson, was once heavily recruited, and an SEC transfer CB, both of whom should be sig contributors.

Personally, I have enjoyed the Cincy-UConn rivalry in many sports this past decade, but if you want to go talking on another team's message board, you might want to at least let the dust settle. Don't make me dislike the entre institution because they have a fan like you.

Reaction Score
Did Luke Fickel struggle in his one year at Ohio State? Absolutely. That's a legit point. That said, that was a really weird situation for Luke and it definitely wasn't "his program" like Cincinnati is now. He was a lame duck coach for the Buckeyes and he knew it, the administration knew it and the players knew it. That said, he didn't get the job done so the book is still out on him as a head coach. So far Luke Fickel has hit a homerun as far as hiring a staff and finishing extremely strong in this recruiting cycle. Now it's up to the results on the field. UConn rehired Randy Edsall, a man who has a career record of 1-29 against top 25 teams, a man who left UConn once for Maryland and proceeded to go 22-34 and got fired half way through his final season. Not one decent program wanted to touch this guy. These are facts. I'd rather try my hand with a fresh, new and young coach with new vision and new energy than rehire a coach who left my school for a very average P5 program. Time will tell but if I was a betting man I'd say UConn will be looking for a new head coach by 2020 and I believe deep down most of Husky nation feels I have a good chance of being right.

Reaction Score
Good for you...maybe you won't get embarrassed next year!

Good one. It was quite embarrassing to lose to UConn but it happens. It was your biggest win in program history for UConn and it's never fun to be on that end of this but it was nice to finally see UConn win something.

Reaction Score
Good one. It was quite embarrassing to lose to UConn but it happens. It was your biggest win in program history for UConn and it's never fun to be on that end of this but it was nice to finally see UConn win something.
MOM! Leave me alone! I'm in the basement proving my favorite team is better than someone else's that didn't ask! And bring me more meatloaf!

Reaction Score
Did Luke Fickel struggle in his one year at Ohio State? Absolutely. That's a legit point. That said, that was a really weird situation for Luke and it definitely wasn't "his program" like Cincinnati is now. He was a lame duck coach for the Buckeyes and he knew it, the administration knew it and the players knew it. That said, he didn't get the job done so the book is still out on him as a head coach. So far Luke Fickel has hit a homerun as far as hiring a staff and finishing extremely strong in this recruiting cycle. Now it's up to the results on the field. UConn rehired Randy Edsall, a man who has a career record of 1-29 against top 25 teams, a man who left UConn once for Maryland and proceeded to go 22-34 and got fired half way through his final season. Not one decent program wanted to touch this guy. These are facts. I'd rather try my hand with a fresh, new and young coach with new vision and new energy than rehire a coach who left my school for a very average P5 program. Time will tell but if I was a betting man I'd say UConn will be looking for a new head coach by 2020 and I believe deep down most of Husky nation feels I have a good chance of being right.

Uconn's new OC was a more highly regarded "fresh, new and young coach" than your HC. Fickel was an uninspiring pick, as was Edsall, especially in our league which is trending even more towards high octane, open offenses. Fortunately, UConn hit it out of the park with Lashlee. I don't see how people can bash the Edsall hire in a vacuum and ignore the Lashlee coup.

Reaction Score

You win. Beating a hot garbage Cincy Team was definitely the biggest win in program history. Far bigger than wins over ND, WVU, USCe, and Houston among others.

Trolling Effort: 4/10

Reaction Score
Uconn's new OC was a more highly regarded "fresh, new and young coach" than your HC. Fickel was an uninspiring pick, as was Edsall, especially in our league which is trending even more towards high octane, open offenses. Fortunately, UConn hit it out of the park with Lashlee. I don't see how people can bash the Edsall hire in a vacuum and ignore the Lashlee coup.

Let me ask you this, what makes the Fickel hiring so uninspiring? Are you basing that solely on the fact he took a really talented Ohio State team and finished 6-7? He did a bad job that year, no doubt. But I don't think it's fair to say that Luke Fickel can't coach or he's uninspiring because of one 8 month period in his 20 year career. Those circumstances around that year have been well documented so I won't go into it further but Luke Fickel has been an outstanding defensive coordinator for years and a great recruiter. I'll take that over an older, boring coach in Randy Edsall who straight up left UConn for maybe the absolute most average program in the Power 5. Lashlee was a great hire for your OC, no doubt about it. I think he actually might have been an even better option for UConn at head coach. The problem is it's so hard to recruit for UConn because no one really wants to go there unless you either have no other options or very, very limited options. We'll see what happens.

Reaction Score
Let me ask you this, what makes the Fickel hiring so uninspiring? Are you basing that solely on the fact he took a really talented Ohio State team and finished 6-7? He did a bad job that year, no doubt. But I don't think it's fair to say that Luke Fickel can't coach or he's uninspiring because of one 8 month period in his 20 year career. Those circumstances around that year have been well documented so I won't go into it further but Luke Fickel has been an outstanding defensive coordinator for years and a great recruiter. I'll take that over an older, boring coach in Randy Edsall who straight up left UConn for maybe the absolute most average program in the Power 5. Lashlee was a great hire for your OC, no doubt about it. I think he actually might have been an even better option for UConn at head coach. The problem is it's so hard to recruit for UConn because no one really wants to go there unless you either have no other options or very, very limited options. We'll see what happens.

So you take circumstance into account when pointing out Fickels short comings but totally disreguard them when speaking of Edsall? Yay, so happy for you, enjoy Fickel.

Reaction Score
So you take circumstance into account when pointing out Fickels short comings but totally disreguard them when speaking of Edsall? Yay, so happy for you, enjoy Fickel.

Fickel had an 8 month stint as an interim head coach where he went 6-7. Not good but certainly not enough there to really judge too harshly in my opinion. Randy Edsall is 96-103 and 1-29 against the top 25. Yes, he starterd basically from ground zero at UConn so I won't knock his record too hard. I'll also acknowledge that is it extremely hard to recruit to UConn because no recruit with options wants to go there. My point is we've seen this movie. And we saw it for the most part in a solid league in the Big East and even then this man never won double digit games and won the league one time in 2010 when every solid program in the league at that time was down. The best case scenario here is UConn starts to win 6-7 games a year again. Are you okay with that? Worse case scenario is UConn is in this same position in 2020 and the quality of ball the Huskies have played recently becomes the norm.

RedStickHusky

formerly SeoulHuskyFan
Reaction Score
RE 2.0...I think we know what website AD Dave sends entry-level AD employees to browse in their spare time.
I don't think they got #REStorred here though - that's like a quadruple entendre...

Reaction Score
Luke Fickel has been an outstanding defensive coordinator for years and a great recruiter.
Me too....Me too
Diaco.jpg

Reaction Score
Biggest win in UConn program history..nice try a**hat...now how about this..why don't you jam your keyboard up your a** and go duckk yourself!

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
Once again we allow this reigns clown to troll the BY at will, yet HFD is not welcome here.

Getting this thread back on track, am I the only one who thinks Marvin Washington could possibly start from Day 1 with the right offense?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom