2017 Class Rankings | Page 4 | The Boneyard

2017 Class Rankings

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
Mercedes would still have to catch the ball (She has quite a few fumbles. Almost like she caught the "Carson Syndrome" from the NFL last year.) and the guards would still have to finish.... we shall see my friend, we shall see.
Mercedes had her best year so far. It was also the best year by a true center at Tennessee. Since 1990-91 season Deadra Charles.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
Mercedes had her best year so far. It was also the best year by a true center at Tennessee. Since 1990-91 season Deadra Charles.
I actually like MR but as the #1 prospect her HS senior year, she has not developed under HW and while I respect your views on here, your comment is dubious at best. Nuyoika's comments are not completely wrong as MR should be more dominant. She could still blossom however, offensive development has not been a site seen in Knoxville in 10+ years.

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
I actually like MR but as the #1 prospect her HS senior year, she has not developed under HW and while I respect your views on here, your comment is dubious at best. Nuyoika's comments are not completely wrong as MR should be more dominant. She could still blossom however, offensive development has not been a site seen in Knoxville in 10+ years.
I got that from her bio on UT site. Mercedes Russell - 2017-18 Women's Basketball Roster - University of Tennessee Athletics
I think she has developed since being there. Her stats were better last year. This year I think she will be even better. She led the SEC in double doubles.
I do agree. That Tennessee should have found a way to get her the ball more. Look at the way Nared developed last year.

Reaction Score
Russell I thought was good, almost great , at times. My favorite on Tn was/is Nared, she earns her keep. My take on 3 of the Tn players was coaching was lacking. Things they didn't do--Geno would have yanked them.

Reaction Score

If a player of Russell, Diamond,Nared and others potential--and team chemistry/control is lacking, or players don't develop as expected---what would be your conclusion?

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
Russell I thought was good, almost great , at times. My favorite on Tn was/is Nared, she earns her keep. My take on 3 of the Tn players was coaching was lacking. Things they didn't do--Geno would have yanked them.
All three did improve their numbers last year. I do agree about Nared.

Nuyoika

Destroyer of Baked Goods
Reaction Score
Oh I wasn't saying she had a bad year. I was saying I don't trust her hands. It was very apparent that Holly & Co. wanted her to be the center of the offense (no pun intended). At 6'6" & the #1 player out of HS she should be basically unguardable going into her last season. I wouldn't say that's the case (she struggles gathering any sort of bounce pass, and while she can hold her own with similar sized defenders, she has trouble with smaller ones, but she has been steady for the Vols).

I hope the post coach has taught her how to put a player on her hip instead of posting with her entire back otherwise that new 3 second rule is gonna eat her alive this year. When you post with your back the ball has to be received at the chest (immediately negating any size advantage you had) when you post with your hip the ball can be gathered in the air above your head. I honestly rarely see post players not in a UConn jersey get position in front of their defender and put them on their hip... it's almost always using their back. I have seen other teams players apply the hip when trying to receive a lob which is traditional. Putting a player on your hip on the front side seems to be more prevalent in the men's game than in the women's. Unless a player is taught to do it, they won't.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
If a player of Russell, Diamond,Nared and others potential--and team chemistry/control is lacking, or players don't develop as expected---what would be your conclusion?
(Cue to visual of a class room with students sitting attentively) Oohh ooh Choose me choose me! I know this, I know this! (As the hand and arm wave vigorously back and forth)...:p

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
(Cue to visual of a class room with students sitting attentively) Oohh ooh Choose me choose me! I know this, I know this! (As the hand and arm wave vigorously back and forth)...:p
d137901f910a1bdea1a8964b2c324f11--trading-cards-welcome-back-kotter.jpg

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom