2017-2018 UConn Home Opponents | Page 2 | The Boneyard

2017-2018 UConn Home Opponents

Reaction Score
In the old days(Calhoun era) we would usually play 2 marquee out of conference games plus the Big East schedule plus a early season tournament such as Maui, coaches vs cancer, pre season NIT etc all this would give us a top 10 SOS. Now our conference has replaced the dregs from that era. We need to have the toughest OOC schedule in the country. Instead we get the same old crap. I am already scared of our RPI with this schedule.

Reaction Score
In the old days(Calhoun era) we would usually play 2 marquee out of conference games plus the Big East schedule plus a early season tournament such as Maui, coaches vs cancer, pre season NIT etc all this would give us a top 10 SOS. Now our conference has replaced the dregs from that era. We need to have the toughest OOC schedule in the country. Instead we get the same old crap. I am already scared of our RPI with this schedule.
I don't think they will have a problem with RPI this year.

Reaction Score
I know there's a couple BU alums on this board so no offense but why the hell do we keep playing BU? If we're gonna play a local team who might beat us I'd rather play Quinipiac or UHart or something.

Probably because BU finishes near the top of the Patriot League and this means a higher RPI for UConn.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
I know there's a couple BU alums on this board so no offense but why the hell do we keep playing BU? If we're gonna play a local team who might beat us I'd rather play Quinipiac or UHart or something.

Well, thank God you're not in charge of scheduling.

Boston U is a far better bet in terms of RPI.

I wish they'd lose Coppin State's number. Coppin loses 24 games a year and is an RPI grenade.....and yet we keep calling them.

If nothing else, we can get revenge on Juan Dixon, but outside of that, scheduling them repeatedly is a sign of brain damage.

Reaction Score
I will be ordering 4 season tix for XL and 2 for Gampel tomorrow. The UConn Huskies will be playing in all these games.
Same. My father has been doing it since 1988.

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score
They could have improved the non-conference schedule. If they had dropped out of the decade's premier showcase tournament.
Good point. I guess I've just been frustrated with the lack of quality games at Gampel the last few years.

NowInStorrs

The truth is out there.
Reaction Score
The OOC schedule is actually pretty good this year. It's just that most of the good games happen away from home. I count 6 good games on the home schedule. That's 1/3 of the games. I hope the conference collectively can get some good OOC wins and boost the perception of the conference.

Reaction Score
Honestly can't remember a year where we didn't play coppin state

4in16

uses the force
Reaction Score
I'm interested in how WSU and Villanova are split between Gampel and XL.

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
I'm interested in how WSU and Villanova are split between Gampel and XL.
My guess is Villanova at XL, WSU at Gampel, Cincy at XL, and SMU at Gampel.

Reaction Score
Could be anything. Played 6 scrub teams in 14&16, and 5 in 15&17. Currently at 5. Believe there was a quote a few months back about wanting to tone back the OOC a little bit, but who knows. Hope its a bigger name team even though we are likely to get waxed.
Are you including Monmouth in your count of 5 "scrubs?" Aside from our AAC tourney run in 15-16 they have been a superior team to us as of late

Reaction Score
Are you including Monmouth in your count of 5 "scrubs?" Aside from our AAC tourney run in 15-16 they have been a superior team to us as of late
Just think you are talking about Monmouth! It is embarrassing

Reaction Score
Just think you are talking about Monmouth! It is embarrassing
It's embarrassing for me to think that a team that went 27-7 last year and has been on the cusp of an at large bid for the past two seasons would be a solid non conference opponent for us? Very good chance that they're a top 100 RPI team next year

Reaction Score
We better crap on Monmouth... they've been a dark horse lately. Good non-conference opponent but they always show up for the big games.

UConn bball needs to realize we will always have a target on our backs. We need to play every game like we are a national championship caliber team.

nadav

I hit skins for the hell of it
Reaction Score
So you are afraid of UMass, URI and Providence? How the mighty have fallen.
Those schools would clearly want home and homes. Since we are getting 50 bucks a year for TV rights, we need the one off home games.

Reaction Score
Really really hoping for Nova at Gampel...

I really want Nova and WSU at Gampel and Cinci and SMU in Hartford. I think if past patterns of putting high profile OOC games at Gampel (Texas, Ohio State etc) continue there's a solid chance Nova is at Gampel. Also, not sure if there's any evidence to support this, but I feel like I remember that Nova was more often than not a Gampel game back in the old days.

Wordbomar

"Walker on McGee with four.."
Reaction Score
I really want Nova and WSU at Gampel and Cinci and SMU in Hartford. I think if past patterns of putting high profile OOC games at Gampel (Texas, Ohio State etc) continue there's a solid chance Nova is at Gampel. Also, not sure if there's any evidence to support this, but I feel like I remember that Nova was more often than not a Gampel game back in the old days.

Last two years our top OOC home game was Auburn and GTown. Both at XL

Reaction Score
Last two years our top OOC home game was Auburn and GTown. Both at XL

Yes, but but everyone thought Ohio State was a marquee opponent when they scheduled that game and that game was at Gampel. Ohio State just didn't cooperate. Last year's home schedule was abominable.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wilson

Top Bottom