2016 Schedule | Page 4 | The Boneyard

2016 Schedule

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
It's actually Saturday the 10th, that graphic is screwy and confused me at first

Good catch. I just rolled with the date and didn't look at a calendar. My bad for trusting the AAC to release proper dates. Ugh.

Reaction Score
Interesting to note we will again open up on a Thursday. Also the @ Houston game is a Thursday and the Temple at home game is a Friday

We usually open up on a Thursday night if it's an FCS school scheduled.

Reaction Score
Good catch. I just rolled with the date and didn't look at a calendar. My bad for trusting the AAC to release proper dates. Ugh.
Well they name each week by its Saturday except for that one, and then highlight if its a Thursday or Friday game. But instead of Having that row being labeled Sept 10th they labelled in Sept 9th for some reason

Reaction Score
That looks like the toughest schedule we have had in a while. We better make a jump in performance this year especially on offense.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Well they name each week by its Saturday except for that one, and then highlight if its a Thursday or Friday game. But instead of Having that row being labeled Sept 10th they labelled in Sept 9th for some reason

I can't wait to get into a Power conference with Power conference schedule releases.

Reaction Score
There's no place like home.

FB_PAC_schedule_renewal.jpg

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
Way too early prediction:
Maine - W
@Navy - W (Reynolds is gone and I have no idea who the new QB will be but he can't be as good as him)
UVA - W (although I don't like that Mendenhall knows how to beat UConn).
Cuse - W (we move into a tie for 1st place in the ACC)
@UH - L (revenge will be had but we'll see what happens in the AACCG....)
Cincy - L (because we always lose to Cincy)
@USF - W (payback)
UCF -W (Diaco stays undefeated in the ConFLiCT)
@ECU W (we now have their number like Cincy has ours)
Temple W (cause we're due)
@BC W (I see no other chance for a different outcome here)
Tulane - W (100% chance of rain because it always rains when UConn plays Tulane).

10-2? Oh man, just call me UconnAl.

Let's get the predictions rolling :)

Maine-W
Navy-W (not sure how many guys they have returning--anyone know if Navy is expected to be any good next year?)
UVA-L (They're coming off a tough road game at Oregon and I think we have an opportunity to steal one, but they're the better football team)
Cuse-W (A toss up, but I'll give us the edge with Cuse still trying to implement a new system)
UH-L (They're going to circle us on the calendar after last year...too much talent for us to win on the road)
Cincy-L (the annual Cincy L)
USF-W (close one--two good, young AAC teams going head to head)
UCF-W (come on...they were 0-12)
ECU-W (new coach, not a very good team)
Temple-W (We'll have our starting QB this year hopefully and they lost lots of pieces on D...returning J. Thomas and PJ Walker on O, but I think we win a defensive battle)
BC-W (BC could be dealing with another losing season and possible mutiny...UConn coming off the bye with time to rest and prepare)
Tulane-W (they suck, and we're at home)

Totals: 9-3

Looking at the schedule as a whole, winning our last six seems completely unrealistic, but 9 wins isn't completely out of the realm of possibility. 8 should really be the goal, and anything less a little disappointing. There's no way we don't hit 6 unless we get some major injuries. Go Huskies.

Reaction Score
Looks like a great schedule. Winning those first few home games (UVA, Cuse) could be huge for getting more casual fans back into it and filling the stands for our 'less prestigious' home games later in the season.

Reaction Score
Way too early prediction:
Maine - W
@Navy - W (Reynolds is gone and I have no idea who the new QB will be but he can't be as good as him)
UVA - W (although I don't like that Mendenhall knows how to beat UConn).
Cuse - W (we move into a tie for 1st place in the ACC)
@UH - L (revenge will be had but we'll see what happens in the AACCG....)
Cincy - L (because we always lose to Cincy)
@USF - W (payback)
UCF -W (Diaco stays undefeated in the ConFLiCT)
@ECU W (we now have their number like Cincy has ours)
Temple W (cause we're due)
@BC W (I see no other chance for a different outcome here)
Tulane - W (100% chance of rain because it always rains when UConn plays Tulane).

10-2? Oh man, just call me UconnAl.
Love the optimism... btw, we don't always lose to Cincy at home.. we just went thru so many coaching changes the last few years it just seems that way... We play them tough at home.. I like 10-2, just still a little concerned about the Navy game... That's a machine of a football team.. plug and play.. they have guys in place there that they can plug in normally and not skip a beat.. On the road will be tough vs. the Midshipmen... and yes you're right about Temple, we're finally due... being at home better help us this time around.

Only thing that concerns me about this season, is how many schools might be offering our coach a job.. Honestly, we're set up for something special this upcoming season.

Reaction Score
Navy-W (not sure how many guys they have returning--anyone know if Navy is expected to be any good next year?)
Navy is 68-37 under Niumatalolo, with only one losing season which was a 5-7 year. Navy just seems to be a good squad each year, I assume they will be a competitive team, but not an AAC title contender due to the loss of Keenan Reynolds.

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
Navy is 68-37 under Niumatalolo, with only one losing season which was a 5-7 year. Navy just seems to be a good squad each year, I assume they will be a competitive team, but not an AAC title contender due to the loss of Keenan Reynolds.

Agree with that. Coach Kenny definitely puts together a formidable team year in and year out. Combine that with the difficulty of playing the triple option and you've never got an easy W...that's why playing them and Army always pisses me off...the games are a total crapshoot

Reaction Score
Hmmm, the ideal scenario (for me anyways) is an October Thursday night game at Houston, the same weekend of Austin City Limits... that would be PERFECT. Fly down Thursday morning, watch some FB Thursday night, head to Austin Friday morning and see/hear great music the next 3 days, head back home Monday.

Make it happen yet to be named AD, make it happen.
Are you friggin kidding me!!!!
Asked for Sept 10 @Navy... got Sept 10 @Navy
Asked for a Thursday night game @Houston coinciding with Austin City Limits music festival dates... got Thursday night game @Houston coinciding with Austin City Limits music fest
I should have asked for the BYE week to be a little earlier in the year though, like between week 7 and 8... that's my bad everyone (although not bad timing that it's the week prior to BC).

I'm probably going to make the Navy, Houston, and BC away games (fingers crossed I can swing the Houston game and hit ACL too).

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
I'm very concerned about the three game stretch of @ Houston, Cincinnati & @ USF but the remainder of the schedule looks quite favorable.

If the two week, three game gauntlet doesn't derail us we should have a nice season.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
The only game that jumps out that I won't be attending is Houston. The rest of the away games... Will try to hit as many as wife and baby will allow!

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
Yup. Aresco ain't doing us any favors there. Our furthest travel opponent is also on our shortest week. Maybe he's throwing UH a bone after we get a B12 invite over UH.

He knows we're their kryptonite, and that they're our best shot at a CFB playoff bid ;)

Also, kind of sucks for U of H that they have to open their season with Baker Mayfield and OU...could ruin their chances of an undefeated season very quickly

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
UConn could start 1-6 and not play a bad game. I doubt they are favored in more than 1-2 of those games. yeesh

UConn Blog said that UConn's S&P+ is only higher than two of their opponents this season, so you're right in a sense. However, Cuse, BC and USF all have a higher S&P+ than Houston, so I'm not sure how reliable the metric is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom