2016 Recruiting Thread | Page 37 | The Boneyard

2016 Recruiting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
3 guys leave at most, barring injuries or unforeseen family issues or academics. At the very most 16 new guys and that I don't think is likely. And I agree with Lewconn, 1-2 of them go to walk-ons. Marinan comes to mind as he is firmly entrenched in the 2 deep and will start there next year.

Reaction Score
wow scrolled quick...saw #bleedblue, damn.....oh well. We have greater position needs.

Reaction Score
3 guys leave at most, barring injuries or unforeseen family issues or academics. At the very most 16 new guys and that I don't think is likely. And I agree with Lewconn, 1-2 of them go to walk-ons. Marinan comes to mind as he is firmly entrenched in the 2 deep and will start there next year.

Sean's a hustler, but I don't see him as a starter. Myers and Foley should start. There are a few freshmen (2 of whom are true F) I expect to leap frog him for PT in 16.

Reaction Score
Sean's a hustler, but I don't see him as a starter. Myers and Foley should start. There are a few freshmen (2 of whom are true F) I expect to leap frog him for PT in 16.

I didn't mean start. I meant start next year on the two-deep. Usually Bob likes to reward walk-ons who are on the two-deep. I see him and one of the sophomores on the two-deep to start next year. I think he will retain his back up role though, I don't see the younger guys jumping him when he has 4 years experience and transformed his body the way he has. He also has sacrificed a lot, he had other offers (FCS) that he could have taken but decided to walk on here. I think he gets his scholly next year.

Reaction Score
wow scrolled quick...saw #bleedblue, damn.....oh well. We have greater position needs.

The parent in me says ... huh? You are around academic institutions and you are around students. And you let your kid pick Boise State when there are real top Universities available?

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
The parent in me says ... huh? You are around academic institutions and you are around students. And you let your kid pick Boise State when there are real top Universities available?

Honestly, I think the decision is mostly based upon his being both Polynesian and Mormon. Mormonism is quite different than most Christian denominations (as I'm sure many of you are aware) and living a Mormon lifestyle in the northeast is difficult politically and socially. UConn also (to my knowledge) has no Polynesian players. Idaho has a huge Mormon population and tons of Polynesian players...just a more comfortable place for him.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
He may be back on the market in a couple of months - I see Bryan Harsin as a strong candidate for the Southern Cal job.

Reaction Score
Anybody know if we had any 2016 recruits at the USF game? I know it's also in the middle of the HS season, but you'd think a kid or two would show up to our homecoming game.

Reaction Score
CoachSW3 ‏@CoachSW3 Oct 16
Daelun Darien is a Freakish athlete. Just picked up offer from UConn as DE

Dae'lun Darien is a 6-4 205lb Athlete/WR/QB/DE from the legendary Dunbar High School, Baltimore MD. Other offers from Temple and ODU.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Dhameer Bradley's scholarship is open..that's another scholly you can add to the list.

Edit: He left/quit..saw him at a homecoming tailgate last week

Reaction Score
Dhameer Bradley's scholarship is open..that's another scholly you can add to the list.

Must be some sort of interesting story there... thought he'd be a big time playmaker him. Wishing him all the best

Reaction Score

Interesting.

Reaction Score
Dhameer Bradley's situation was mentioned on the UConn Football board.. One poster pretty much indicated he's not coming back... about a month ago I believe. I thought he'd be one of our play makers in the slot, but it didn't turn out that way for him... I'm sure he'll land on his feet wherever he finishes out his playing career. Nothing but best wishes for this kid...

Reaction Score
I agree that there will be in the range of 17/18 openings all said and done, but I still think there will only be 14/15 incoming freshmen, as all indications are that HCBD would like to award some schollys to some of the current walk-ons…

This thread from today on preparing for ECU and Diaco's quotes makes you wonder a little more on the # of kids we'll bring in:

http://the-boneyard.com/threads/ecu...rence-depth-chart-tidbits.82152/#post-1454672

Now when looking at things this way, there's no doubt some add'l 'changes' will occur to the roster in '16... not necessarily folks mentioned in this thread but instances with players mentioned with the # of years they've been with us and who they were recruited by could indeed imply potential attrition that will put us in the high teens range for the incoming class in February... and don't count out potential in coming transfers.. that should be part of the equation too.

Reaction Score
Not too surprised about the Brooks decision...

Wonder when we'll get some more updates on recruits visiting us on our home game days...

Reaction Score
if anyone has a subscription to rivals, they ran an article about visitors at ECU game. It'd be interesting to hear the who and their reactions to/thoughts about the game/program

Reaction Score
if anyone has a subscription to rivals, they ran an article about visitors at ECU game. It'd be interesting to hear the who and their reactions to/thoughts about the game/program
These are the specific names mentioned:
Justin Brown St Luke's, Teddy Alendinger Avon, Tahj Herring and Keith Coleman Suffield Academy

Reaction Score
Saw JB play. Looks small, but quick and elusive. Far and away best player in his team.

Reaction Score
huskymedic nice job bro.... just don't age me too quick. my birthday is 11/12.. u had me thinking it was 11/18 already with the Diesch commit to TAMU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom