2016 NCAA Baseball Tournament - UConn's Road to Omaha | Page 9 | The Boneyard

2016 NCAA Baseball Tournament - UConn's Road to Omaha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Disastrous sequence of events. Multiple errors to give away a run. And it extends our ace.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Lady Luck seems to be finally looking at us once again. Gnesda flyball is dropped by one of the best CFs in college baseball (and a possible first round pick).

uconnbaseball

Hey there
Reaction Score
1st and 3rd, no outs after a weird error by UF and a nice hit by Hill. Too of our order coming up.

Reaction Score
Sundberg ground out gets a run in. Tied at 2 after 3 innings.

Reaction Score
Making a lot of contact now but close plays on the bases ended that rally. Like the trend if we can hold here.

Fairfield_1st

Sitting on this Barstool talking like a damn fool
Reaction Score
I thought Sundberg was safe, but Carlos Pena says clearly out. Moron. It was anything but clear. I would have liked to see the force out of Hill again too. That also looked close.

RedStickHusky

formerly SeoulHuskyFan
Reaction Score
I thought Sundberg was safe, but Carlos Pena says clearly out. Moron. It was anything but clear. I would have liked to see the force out of Hill again too. That also looked close.
tagged on the wrist - hand on the bag -- is what I saw.

Reaction Score
Thought exactly the same thing. He may have been out upon really close inspection... but calling it "clearly" out? No way.

4in16

uses the force
Reaction Score
Edit :wrong quote
It was close but Pena has been very kind and impressed by UConn so far, lots of nice things said by him and the other guy.

Reaction Score
Florida rally in the 4th makes it 3-2 for the Gators. Getting into a slugfest of a game is certainly not good for UConn as Florida pitching is much deeper.

uconnbaseball

Hey there
Reaction Score
Ok that was an awful inning, kay has to stop Florida the rest of the way.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
UF seems to be able to string acouple of hits together semi-regularly to scrape out a run. This is something we haven't been able to do very often. Kay needs to bear down and be beyond great and we need our batters to get tough enough that we can scrape out some more runs.

If we can pull this game out, we have a legitimate shot at advancing. If we lose, even with Montgomerie going against GT, that game will be a toss-up and we won't have any starting pitching left capable of knocking off Florida.

Reaction Score
Puk strikes out the side of Huskies in the 4th. Considering what they have been saying about the Florida pitcher on WHUS, that is certainly not a good sign for UConn.

Reaction Score
UF seems to be able to string acouple of hits together semi-regularly to scrape out a run. This is something we haven't been able to do very often. Kay needs to bear down and be beyond great and we need our batters to get tough enough that we can scrape out some more runs.

If we can pull this game out, we have a legitimate shot at advancing. If we lose, even with Montgomerie going against GT, that game will be a toss-up and we won't have any starting pitching left capable of knocking off Florida.

No question, staying in the winners bracket for these opening regionals is a huge advantage.

Reaction Score
Puk strikes out the side of Huskies in the 4th. Considering what they have been saying about the Florida pitcher on WHUS, that is certainly not a good sign for UConn.

... Yup and that's why they are the #1 team in country. Depth is incredible. Need to stay close.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NYCVET

Top Bottom