2016 Maui | The Boneyard

2016 Maui

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I believe that's been posted on the Maui website for some time now, but yes it's confirmed we're there next year.

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
I plan to be there with my best friend who is a Wisconsin native and huge fan. Missed the last one but was there in 2005 and it was an absolute blast.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Have targeted this as an ideal win-win for 20th wedding anniversary but have two significant hurdles to clear: (1) Thanksgiving without the family is anathema to the missus. Aside from our own kids, we host it for her family; and (2) The hoops connection is too strong for it to be appreciated as a true anniversary celebration--more like Homer giving Marge the bowling ball.

On the latter point I could use some input from Hawaii veterans. If not for the hoops, would you be spending your time in Hawaii on Maui, or elsewhere, if you were there for a major anniversary with your wife?

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
With or without hoops, Maui and Kauai are two of the absolute best places on earth to spend a wedding anniversary or basically any other day of your life. I understand your concerns about missing Thanksgiving with the family as its my favorite day of the year and I always host a huge shindig with family and friends. That said, go to Maui. Everyone will figure out what to do without you on Thanksgiving. For those that are especially close, and you can't imagine spending turkey day without, have them join you in Maui. That's what we've done at prior Maui tourneys and they have been some of the best memories of my life. You won't regret the decision.

PS. My avatar is me, my buddy and Rudy Gay after the championship game against Gonzaga at the 2005 Maui tourney.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I am planning on attending this. Will be a quick flight from SF and hopefully I'll be able to cash in some SPG points to boot!

huskyharry

Hooyah
Reaction Score
We may be back from our WestPac cruise by then.
Maui is a heck of a lot closer than the Bahamas when you live in Guam

Reaction Score
Bump.

Travel plans went on sale today. I want to go to this, but don't really want the travel package, so what are the chances ticket packages will still be available in August?

Ticket Packages
Ticket-only packages without travel accommodations, based on availability, will go on sale in August 2016.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
damn, my wife just said she doesn't want to be away for Thanksgiving two years in a row

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
Bump.

Travel plans went on sale today. I want to go to this, but don't really want the travel package, so what are the chances ticket packages will still be available in August?

Ticket Packages
Ticket-only packages without travel accommodations, based on availability, will go on sale in August 2016.
We've always found a way to access UCONN tickets without buying the travel package. I honestly can't remember how we did it last time but we always seem to figure it out.

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
I am planning on attending this. Will be a quick flight from SF and hopefully I'll be able to cash in some SPG points to boot!
Book now. The Westin & Sheraton usually hosts a couple of teams are popular spots.

Reaction Score
Trying to wrap my honeymoon around this. Plan is to fly out after BC football game. I've got a hotel booked in the event I can pull it off. Not cheap but literally couldn't think of a better trip.

Reaction Score
I am planning to go next year as well. I followed the ticket situation for the 2015 tournament. Of the 8 teams in the tournament, only Indiana and Kansas seemed to sell their allotment. The other 6 teams had tickets for their team available without the entire travel package. Those tickets were made available in mid August if memory serves correctly. They were pretty expensive ($350 or so for the three games). Those tickets for the 6 teams seemed to stay available from August to November.

Reaction Score
Thanks! I'm leaning to getting a package because I want the ability to watch any or all of the games, not just the UConn games.

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
Trying to wrap my honeymoon around this. Plan is to fly out after BC football game. I've got a hotel booked in the event I can pull it off. Not cheap but literally couldn't think of a better trip.

this would be absolutely amazing

Reaction Score
We went to the 2012 Paradise Jam for our honeymoon and it was awesome!

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
I am planning to go next year as well. I followed the ticket situation for the 2015 tournament. Of the 8 teams in the tournament, only Indiana and Kansas seemed to sell their allotment. The other 6 teams had tickets for their team available without the entire travel package. Those tickets were made available in mid August if memory serves correctly. They were pretty expensive ($350 or so for the three games). Those tickets for the 6 teams seemed to stay available from August to November.
tix for individual UCONN games were $100 per game in 2015. In 2010 I bought the UCONN individual games (i think they were more like $50 back then and bought a full tourney ticket from a local guy who didn't really want to go to the games and just bought them on a whim. I think I paid around $200 for that. It was a lot of sitting in a gym over a 3 day period but it was pretty fun.

Reaction Score
Is it safe to book a plane ticket and lodging now even though I havent bought the tickets nor have an idea on going about getting them (just for the Uconn gms)? AirBnB has some great options as of right now and would like to book ASAP but it would be a disaster to spend all that money not to be able to get in the building...

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Is it safe to book a plane ticket and lodging now even though I havent bought the tickets nor have an idea on going about getting them (just for the Uconn gms)? AirBnB has some great options as of right now and would like to book ASAP but it would be a disaster to spend all that money not to be able to get in the building...

Say what?

Reaction Score
You can get tix. I looked at craigslist during this years and there were many postings. Realistically it shouldn't be too hard to get them through the school.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
AirBnB has some great options as of right now and would like to book ASAP but it would be a disaster to spend all that money not to be able to get in the building...

Yeah, it'd really stink being stuck in Maui.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
On the latter point I could use some input from Hawaii veterans. If not for the hoops, would you be spending your time in Hawaii on Maui, or elsewhere, if you were there for a major anniversary with your wife?

Got married on Maui, honeymooned on Kauai and Big Island. Golfed and snorkeled on 3 islands, Jeeped around ranches and pineapple fields, helicoptered over a volcano... lots of stuff you can't do on the mainland. Loved it, but honestly have little desire to go back. It wouldn't be nearly as special (and we were totally hooked up with Kamaaina rates the first time as I was in the travel industry, which wouldn't be the case now).

But if you've never been, definitely worth going.

Reaction Score
Have gone the past two times UConn was in it and had no problem getting tix for UConn's games through the school.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom