2016 Husky Draft Competition. | Page 6 | The Boneyard

2016 Husky Draft Competition.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
How was DeAndre the better player? I guess sophomore year DeAndre was better in terms of overall field goal percentage, but he was the 3rd option and had Napier and Boatright, so that makes it somewhat easier. He was also a better shot blocker.

Everything else Hamilton blows him away. DeAndre had 20 assists and 50 turnovers his sophomore year, Hamilton had a 2:1 A/TO ratio as a primary ball handler. He shot worse than Hamilton from 3. He was a much worse rebounder. He was worse from the line. He had fewer steals.

I think we are easily better in 2012-13 if we could replace sophomore year Daniels with sophomore year Hamilton.

I mean that junior year Daniels was better than sophomore year Hamilton. At least in previous carnations of this exercise, players were drafted based on what they were at their peak. I haven't really closely considered the sophomore Daniels versus sophomore Hamilton angle, but I tend to agree that Hamilton was better.

They're much different players, so it's a tough comparison to make. Hamilton was the superior rebounder and passer by a considerable margin, even the better free throw shooter. Daniels, conversely, was often a disaster in traffic, which was one of the reasons we struggled so much mid-season when opposing coaches started trapping the hell out of Bazz ball screens.

But Daniels' ability to function as a pick and pop killer on the 2014 team was obviously an integral part of our success - Hamilton could never quite do that, because in addition to being hesitant as a shooter, he never developed his body to the point that he could serve as an adequate screener. And, though Hamilton came a long way in terms of creating for himself, I still give the edge to Daniels in that department because of his work in the post (that's the part of his game that I think could have been expanded on had he returned for another year).

Defensively, Hamilton got a lot better as his sophomore year progressed, but it was still pretty spotty, and Daniels gave us the rare double-boon of rim protection and quality pick-and-roll defense.

Reaction Score
If we had Hamilton instead of Daniels in 13-14, we'd still be looking for #4.
How have you decided that exactly? A Hamilton playing 3rd banana behind a senior first team All America point guard and another very good college guard wouldn't be the same player at all in my opinion.

There was no point in his career when DeAndre was the guy other coaches built their game plan around stopping. Hamilton was that all the time this year.

Reaction Score
I mean that junior year Daniels was better than sophomore year Hamilton. At least in previous carnations of this exercise, players were drafted based on what they were at their peak. I haven't really closely considered the sophomore Daniels versus sophomore Hamilton angle, but I tend to agree that Hamilton was better.

They're much different players, so it's a tough comparison to make. Hamilton was the superior rebounder and passer by a considerable margin, even the better free throw shooter. Daniels, conversely, was often a disaster in traffic, which was one of the reasons we struggled so much mid-season when opposing coaches started trapping the hell out of Bazz ball screens.

But Daniels' ability to function as a pick and pop killer on the 2014 team was obviously an integral part of our success - Hamilton could never quite do that, because in addition to being hesitant as a shooter, he never developed his body to the point that he could serve as an adequate screener. And, though Hamilton came a long way in terms of creating for himself, I still give the edge to Daniels in that department because of his work in the post (that's the part of his game that I think could have been expanded on had he returned for another year).

Defensively, Hamilton got a lot better as his sophomore year progressed, but it was still pretty spotty, and Daniels gave us the rare double-boon of rim protection and quality pick-and-roll defense.
Gotcha, I didn't realize it was based upon a player's single highest point. I would still say Hamilton as a soph was better than DeAndre as a junior overall, but DeAndre played incredible in the biggest games possible.

Reaction Score
How was DeAndre the better player? I guess sophomore year DeAndre was better in terms of overall field goal percentage, but he was the 3rd option and had Napier and Boatright, so that makes it somewhat easier. He was also a better shot blocker.

Everything else Hamilton blows him away. DeAndre had 20 assists and 50 turnovers his sophomore year, Hamilton had a 2:1 A/TO ratio as a primary ball handler. He shot worse than Hamilton from 3. He was a much worse rebounder. He was worse from the line. He had fewer steals.

I think we are easily better in 2012-13 if we could replace sophomore year Daniels with sophomore year Hamilton.

Well based on how so many of you go to the table every time Brimah comes up I'm thinking the fact Deandre helped in a huge way win a national title he's the better pick. It's really the way people think around here so then JimO's pick is fine. And of course we will need to include those 8-12 games where DHam shot about 20% and turned it over at an alarming rate. While DHam got better his soph year and helped the Huskies win an AAC title Deandre got better, helped win a NC and was drafted. I know DHam only one one tourney game and I'm not sure he'll get drafted.

Reaction Score
How have you decided that exactly? A Hamilton playing 3rd banana behind a senior first team All America point guard and another very good college guard wouldn't be the same player at all in my opinion.

There was no point in his career when DeAndre was the guy other coaches built their game plan around stopping. Hamilton was that all the time this year.

Hamilton needs the ball in his hand to be effective and set others up. He wouldn't have had the ball nearly as much with Bazz and Boat on the team. Deandre was able to space the floor due to his very good 3 pt shooting his junior year. Hamilton would not have been able to do that. They are very different players, so tough to make a comparison, but Deandre was a much better fit on that team than Hamilton would have been.

For the purposes of this draft, depending on the team you build I could see taking Hamilton over Daniels, but switching a sophomore Hamilton for a Junior Daniels and we probably don't have #4.

Reaction Score
I will take lamb
also already taken...

image-png.13771

Reaction Score
NADAV HENEFELD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
and
Albert Mouring

My team is now done:

G: Chris Smith
G: Albert Mouring
F: Nadav Henefeld
F: Charlie Villanueva
C: Emeka Okafor

Feeling prettay prettay...prettay good about my team

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Ah, was waiting for the Albert Mouring pick. Late round sleeper.

Reaction Score
NADAV HENEFELD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
and
Albert Mouring

My team is now done:

G: Chris Smith
G: Albert Mouring
F: Nadav Henefeld
F: Charlie Villanueva
C: Emeka Okafor

Feeling prettay prettay...prettay good about my team
You have no PG. Smitty was a combo guard and Albert was a pure SG.

Reaction Score
With my last pick, I'll take Johnny Selvie.

My team is:
G: Marcus Williams
G: Ryan Boatright
G: Ray Allen
F: Johnny Selvie
C: Jake Voskhul

Really like how my team turned out. I made it a priority to get the dual PG attack.

Reaction Score
You have no PG. Smitty was a combo guard and Albert was a pure SG.

Chris Smith is my PG. I just need someone that can bring the ball up and defend other PGs which he can do

Reaction Score
Best available no order-Rashad Anderson, Denham Brown, Taliek Brown, Tate George, Art Quimby, Travis Knight, Sterliing Gibbs, Rodney Purvis, Amida Brimah,Jalen Adams, Mike Mckay, Corny Thompson, Coach KO, Rickey Moore, Brian Fair

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macklin

Top Bottom