2015 Recruits? | The Boneyard

2015 Recruits?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Does anyone know any girls that Geno and the staff are looking at in the class of 2015?

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
in all seriousness, i'm not sure that the staff has narrowed onto anyone, but we really have no idea. also, we have no idea who they will land for 2013 or 2014 so it's a little premature to start identifying what might be needed. having said that, going after a good guard, post, and wing is never a bad idea.

interestingly enough, the #1 players in 2015 and 2016 are sisters, and per ASGR, both are PG's. Kalabrya and Kysre Gondrezick. Geno has never been "good" at recruiting package deals. maybe not being "good" at it is not the right phrase, but he missed out on the Waner and Paris sisters.

I'm sure the staff is aware of who is good out there. One of the top 10 is from NJ and apparently verbaled to Rutgers (Jeune). not any "local" (NY, New England) kids. a lot seem to be from Georgia, Texas, and California. there are a couple of kids we should look at based on their names alone...

Boogie Brozoski (gotta love the Polish kids! i'm 1/4 Polish so... PG from NY)
Martine Fortune (Post from PA)
Marta Sniezak (PG from VA)
Deja Strother (Post from WA)

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
interestingly enough, the #1 players in 2015 and 2016 are sisters, and per ASGR, both are PG's. Kalabrya and Kysre Gondrezick. Geno has never been "good" at recruiting package deals. maybe not being "good" at it is not the right phrase, but he missed out on the Waner and Paris sisters.
I think the Paris sisters were the only ones he recruited. I think he respectfully declined to recruit Waner as a package. And he got the Valley sisters though that was not a 'package'.
I wonder if those two sisters will be a package - hard to expect two high quality PGs to want to play on the same team only a year apart - consigning one to being tyhe back-up for 3 of 4 years.

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
I have no idea if UConn is interested but I would hope the staff will take a peek at 2015'er
Adriana Hahn..a point guard at none other than Ursuline Academy in Wilmington Del. A certain
grad of that school had a fleeting career in Storrs. I have heard that Hahn can really shoot....around 5'7".
FWIW: in last season's Sporting News basketball preview they listed one frosh...and only one....in the 'honorable mention' section.....Adriana.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
I think the Paris sisters were the only ones he recruited. I think he respectfully declined to recruit Waner as a package. And he got the Valley sisters though that was not a 'package'.
Don't forget the Valley girls.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
in all seriousness, i'm not sure that the staff has narrowed onto anyone, but we really have no idea. also, we have no idea who they will land for 2013 or 2014 so it's a little premature to start identifying what might be needed. having said that, going after a good guard, post, and wing is never a bad idea.

I'm sure the staff is aware of who is good out there. One of the top 10 is from NJ and apparently verbaled to Rutgers (Jeune). not any "local" (NY, New England) kids. a lot seem to be from Georgia, Texas, and California. there are a couple of kids we should look at based on their names alone...

Boogie Brozoski (gotta love the Polish kids! i'm 1/4 Polish so... PG from NY)
Martine Fortune (Post from PA)
Marta Sniezak (PG from VA)
Deja Strother (Post from WA)
I see that Wonk commented on Deja, but how about the other names?

I understand that Boogie has some great moves. But Geno will need to keep her interested so as not to have a Boogie bored.

And Fortune--we already had Cash and now have Banks, so as we continue to amass riches via recruiting, reaching a Fortune is a natural milestone.

Marta Sniezak? Gesundheit!

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
Personally, I am looking forward to the 2020's, when Rebacca's girls start hitting the campus. HooBoy! I know the Geno must have got all of their footprints on LOIs at birth.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
I wonder if those two sisters will be a package - hard to expect two high quality PGs to want to play on the same team only a year apart - consigning one to being tyhe back-up for 3 of 4 years.

Didn't he recruit the Pointer Sisters back in the day? They considered UCONN but they said Geno was too shy, hence the song "He's So Shy."

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Didn't he recruit the Pointer Sisters back in the day? They considered UCONN but they said Geno was too shy, hence the song "He's So Shy."
He also struck out with the Gabor sisters and the Bronte sisters. The Gabors wanted to go pro instead, and the Brontes didn't care for the "No Twitter" rule.

Coler

LSU/Rutgers fan
Reaction Score

That's correct. I believe both her and her sister verbaled early last summer, not sure about the date. But it was pretty much a package deal with her and her sister. From what I've read is that Aliyah that one we're talking about is much better then her older sister. And Aliyah could be ranked pretty high in her class. So it seems Rutgers got really lucky.

Reaction Score
Out of Washington, other than Deja, there's a 5'10 Sophomore point guard who averaged 23.1 ppg, 13.8 reb, and 2 assts this past season. Her name is Riley Clarke, and she's out of Puyallup, WA, Emerald Ridge High School. Has a 4.0 gpa and she plays with Deja on Tree of Hope. Had the pleasure of watching her play multiple times this season, and unfortunately she had little to no help on her team, but she stood out in every game I watched. She showed that she would love to be a pass first guard, but unfortunately did not have teammates able to convert on what were generally spectacular passes, so she was thrust into a prominent scoring role. Has a quick first step, a great knack of finishing at the rim, very athletic, and has a good build. Plays great defense, in position at all times, and as far as rebounding guards go she is second to none, she just wants the ball, and makes sure she always puts a body on someone so she's in great position. She has a very good mid range jump shot, and gets great elevation when she shoots, really just needs to work on adding the three point shot to her arsenal going forward. Showed great leadership skills on the court as well, even as a sophomore she had complete control of her team and they looked to her for guidance during games. If Geno has not heard of her yet, should not be long until he does. Believe the sky is the limit for this young guard. Do not believe she has gotten many looks form anyone up to this point, but expect that will be changing soon enough.

Reaction Score
Anyone named Bria, Kiah, Brianna, or Breanna in the class of 2015? She's destined for UConn!

Reaction Score
Marta Sniezak? Gesundheit!

I don't know the ethnic background of Ms. Sniezak, but her father is almost certainly of Slavic ancestry, and the family name means "snow" or something snow-related. She'd be a natural for Storrs, huh?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom