2015 C Jessie Govan In-Home Visit | The Boneyard

2015 C Jessie Govan In-Home Visit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
From TOS:

The No. 60 junior in the nation, Jessie Govan of Wings Academy (NY), hosted Stanford coach Johnny Dawkins and Georgetown coach John Thompson III. He will have an in-home with UConn's Kevin Ollie next weekend as the National Championship winner will come in with a lot to boast.

Dynasty

Never not member
Reaction Score
I didn't even know Stanford or Georgetown were recruiting him. Not that it matters anyway.

Reaction Score
Quite frankly, he better commit on the spot, because other bigs are going to want that scholarship. I mean, cheese and crackers, Cheick Diallo is looking at St. John's seriously. Say wha?

Reaction Score
Quite frankly, he better commit on the spot, because other bigs are going to want that scholarship. I mean, cheese and crackers, Cheick Diallo is looking at St. John's seriously. Say wha?
I'd take both in a heartbeat. Govan is a true 5, while Diallo is a natural 4. They would be beastly together. I don't think we've been recruiting Diallo super hard, but I would love to see us ramp up the effort on him. He's a 6'9" force, right in our backyard. Personally, I'm pretty much done with Guards until 2016 (but I'd still take Briscoe; he's the only one. I think we have a legit shot at him, too). Give me
Ali, Jackson, Govan, Diallo/Boatwright, and possibly Briscoe and I'd sleep well the night of a Final Exam.

Reaction Score
I'd take both in a heartbeat. Govan is a true 5, while Diallo is a natural 4. They would be beastly together. I don't think we've been recruiting Diallo super hard, but I would love to see us ramp up the effort on him. He's a 6'9" force, right in our backyard. Personally, I'm pretty much done with Guards until 2016 (but I'd still take Briscoe; he's the only one. I think we have a legit shot at him, too). Give me
Ali, Jackson, Govan, Diallo/Boatwright, and possibly Briscoe and I'd sleep well the night of a Final Exam.

Jalen Adams, I don't care that he's not ranked very high, the kid is spectacular. I would take him instantly.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Briscoe is a very good player. Similar type player to Prince Ali though. Could use a few more bigs as you pointed out. Diallo would be my #1, followed by Govan. Chance Comanche or Jared Reuter. Jalen Adams is a big-time player as well.

Reaction Score
Govan would be a good get for us. Especially if Brimah is still here for his Junior year. Govan would be able to play a limited role while adjusting to the college game and working on his strength and explosiveness. It doesn't look like he really plays above the rim so I'm sure some strength training would go along with him. He does however appear to have good hands and some nifty moves around the basket.

As far as other recruits, unless people transfer or go pro, we don't have any other scholarships available if Govan commits. With that said, I'm firmly on the Jalen Adams bandwagon, i think he's a stud and would thrive in our offense. I think KO loved him as well but after his early aggressive recruiting of Adams didn't pay off with a commitment, KO offered Will Jackson. Not to say that Jackson was a plan B, i think when KO saw him down in Georgia recently he must have made a huge impression for him to offer, especially after spending so much time on Adams.

Reaction Score
I get the feeling that this class will be wrapped up by the summer, so kids better not wait before it's too late. Don't know how many spots are left but we seem to be all set at guard, maybe a center and PF. Can anyone chime in?

Reaction Score
I can't imagine how it would feel to be 18 and sitting across from you is a charismatic ex nba player who was all over tv and twitter the last 3 weeks with unbelievable success telling you how he thinks you fit in with his program. Must be pretty cool and very tempting.

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
From TOS:

The No. 60 junior in the nation, Jessie Govan of Wings Academy (NY), hosted Stanford coach Johnny Dawkins and Georgetown coach John Thompson III. He will have an in-home with UConn's Kevin Ollie next weekend as the National Championship winner will come in with a lot to boast.
Wings Academy - good enough for me!

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Absolutely love reading this stuff. Makes me want to go out, get some popcorn, and sit back and enjoy the summer "show", so to speak... starring our very own Kevin Ollie!

Reaction Score
I didn't even know Stanford or Georgetown were recruiting him. Not that it matters anyway.

Georgetown has a basketball team? I thought they, and St Johns, went intramural for BB. :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
UConn has always excelled by taking the types of players that stay for 3-4 years. Top 10 recruits such as Villanueva, Gay and Drummond failed to impress as much.

I'll keep taking players ranked between the 40's and 100 over the McD types.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom