2015-16 College Hoops Discussion Thread | Page 33 | The Boneyard

2015-16 College Hoops Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
Umm, Memphis is 155...
107 on Kenpom. Not sure which is more relevant, but I'd like to see them in the top 100 in at least one of the rankings, you know?

caw

Reaction Score
Kenpom has had PC as a top 40-50 team almost all year, their top 10 poll ranking was a joke

Don't disagree. Although at that point in the season there wasn't much else to chose from.

Reaction Score
107 on Kenpom. Not sure which is more relevant, but I'd like to see them in the top 100 in at least one of the rankings, you know?
RPI ranking is used by the selection committee when saying a team has X top 100 wins

Reaction Score
So he's out against DePaul? If Dunn isn't 100% by then...
Good point - Bentil won the DePaul game for them last time too.

Reaction Score
Ah, meant Bentil was the better player and kept them in that DePaul game.

4in16

uses the force
Reaction Score
30-2 Utah over AZ St 6 mins left in first. Just wow, giving BCU a run for their money.

Inyatkin

Stairway to Seven
Reaction Score

To me they don't look bubbly, they look like they're out, and I'm trying not to judge that by annoying Boneyard commentators. Their numbers are really bad, yet that early-season top 10 ranking bought them so much good will that they're an 8 seed in Bracket Matrix. That seems really optimistic.

Reaction Score
To me they don't look bubbly, they look like they're out, and I'm trying not to judge that by annoying Boneyard commentators. Their numbers are really bad, yet that early-season top 10 ranking bought them so much good will that they're an 8 seed in Bracket Matrix. That seems really optimistic.
CBS bracketology has them at a 10 seed and dropping fast. If they didnt win at Nova (which by the way was basically a neutral location since the big storm only allowed 7000 people to get to the game that was in Philly, not on campus) I think they're a last 4 out team.

This DePaul game is not a lock at all. Ben Bentil is suspended and Kris Dunn is sick. He was visibly winded last night and was coughing. That is not something that you get over quickly, so I expect to see his dragging tomorrow. If they lose that game and dont make a run in the Big East Tournament, are they really a tournament team? Based on metrics and their quality of big east play this season I dont think so.

Reaction Score
The only game I book as a W is @ St Johns in their last game of the season. They could very well lose to Creighton at home as well. It was a very close game the first time they played.

Reaction Score
Their wins against Arizona and Nova are all that's keeping them in right now.

Reaction Score
RPI -40, Kenpom - 59, BPI - 57 and 2-6 v. Top 50.

I honestly do not get why they are receiving anywhere close to a single digit seed by bracketologists.

Reaction Score
gy1ggG4.gif

lol I'm gonna sit this one out.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Is it standard throughout college basketball that if you receive a flagrant two foul you sit the next game, or is it a Big East policy? Because I think it's ridiculous that Bentil's sitting for that (the flagrant two call was legit, but not enough to warrant a suspension IMO) while Allen plays.

As far as Providence is concerned, yeah, what a free fall. I don't see how you can have Dunn on your first team AA at this point.

@tcf15 you might be thinking of the Marquette game where Bentil had like 40 and 12 and they lost in double-OT.

Last edited:

caw

Reaction Score
Is it standard throughout college basketball that if you receive a flagrant two foul you sit the next game, or is it a Big East policy? Because I think it's ridiculous that Bentil's sitting for that (the flagrant two call was legit, but not enough to warrant a suspension IMO) while Allen plays.

As far as Providence is concerned, yeah, what a free fall. I don't see how you can have Dunn on your first team AA at this point.

@tcf15 you might be thinking of the Marquette game where Bentil had like 40 and 12 and they lost in double-OT.

Probably my fault as I started the speculation by asking if Bentil was out, but apparently he isn't. The automatic suspension has been changed to if its bc of fighting. Theoretically his actions could have garnered a suspension, but not an automatic one.

Not sure who would even be a first team AA this year. So many ups and downs for so many teams. It will be interesting to see how Dunn fares in the NBA draft. His defense is NBA quality and so is his athleticism but he's not Wall, Westbrook athletic and his shot still suspect. Reminds me of Jeremy Lin in a lot of ways, or does the cross race comp not work.

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
His defense is NBA quality and so is his athleticism but he's not Wall, Westbrook athletic and his shot still suspect. Reminds me of Jeremy Lin in a lot of ways, or does the cross race comp not work.
Different kind of player from Lin, who's purely a draw-and-dish creator rather than a true floor general with great vision. I think Dunn can be the latter in the right set-up, though his numbers in big games vs. big teams leave me questioning that. He should also be a much more disruptive defensive presence than Lin, who has quick hands but isn't quick laterally.

I'm not sure there's a perfect comp for him, to be honest, but Shaun Livingston might come the closest. Dunn's a quicker athlete, and not quite as big, but they have roughly the same strengths and weaknesses and play the same spot, so...

BTW, this is my AA 1st team (so far)

G: Valentine (MSU)
G: Hield (OU)
F: Niang (ISU)
F: Uthoff (Iowa)
C: Poeltl (Utah)

2nd team:

G: Dunn (PC)
G: Ferrell (IU)
F: Collinsworth (BYU)
F: Simmons (LSU)
C: Johnson (UNC)

Reaction Score
Different kind of player from Lin, who's purely a draw-and-dish creator rather than a true floor general with great vision. I think Dunn can be the latter in the right set-up, though his numbers in big games vs. big teams leave me questioning that. He should also be a much more disruptive defensive presence than Lin, who has quick hands but isn't quick laterally.

I'm not sure there's a perfect comp for him, to be honest, but Shaun Livingston might come the closest. Dunn's a quicker athlete, and not quite as big, but they have roughly the same strengths and weaknesses and play the same spot, so...

BTW, this is my AA 1st team (so far)

G: Valentine (MSU)
G: Hield (OU)
F: Niang (ISU)
F: Uthoff (Iowa)
C: Poeltl (Utah)

2nd team:

G: Dunn (PC)
G: Ferrell (IU)
F: Collinsworth (BYU)
F: Simmons (LSU)
C: Johnson (UNC)
Brice Johnson over Poetl and/or Uthoff

Reaction Score
Still amazes me that Georgetown is this bad, they got 22 turnovers with still 7 minutes to play and losing by dbl figures at home to Butler. Are GT fans getting restless with JTIII?

4in16

uses the force
Reaction Score
UCF and Temple tied at 61, under 30 secs decosey jumper top of the key with 3.1 to go. UCF touched an air ball going out of bounds with 2 secs on shot clock and let temple get the rebound to hold for final shot, smh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom