2015-16 College Hoops Discussion Thread | Page 36 | The Boneyard

2015-16 College Hoops Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
If we beat Houston, lost to SMU, and Beat UCF we would not be nearly sweating as much as we are now, or worrying about Bubble teams results. Pretty simple, right?
Yes totally agree. Sorry you confused me when you said yesterday. Made things a lot harder than they needed to be. Beat SMU tomorrow night and we are back on track. Tall order though.

Reaction Score
This would've gone over well if he ended up coming to UConn...

http://www.sportingnews.com/ncaa-ba...nlv-test-scores-ineligible-ncaa-investigation

UNLV freshman Derrick Jones, a forward for the Runnin’ Rebels averaging 11.5 points per game, has been declared immediately ineligible by the NCAA after his test score was cancelled by the ACT.

Attorney Don Jackson told Sporting News that Jones’ score had been cancelled and his status changed to “non-qualifier.” A non-qualifier cannot practice or compete with a Division I team; ordinarily such a student cannot receive an athletic scholarship.
Always assumed some sort of shady nonsense or academic situation was going on when we went from favorite to afterthought in his recruitment. It's pretty clear that after the APR screwjob, we don't even mess around with people who have any academic risk of some sort. I'm blanking on names now, but there have been a few of these guys at this point. Rathan-Mayes at FSU was one for sure. I could definitely see something happening with Bruce Brown given that we seemed to have 0 interest in him whatsoever despite being a good player on paper.

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
No, we didn't get him because Ollie is lazy and can't recruit.
Alright, this boneyard "meme", if you can call it that, is getting just as annoying as the thing you guys are referencing.

Reaction Score
How much of a train wreck must N.C. State be to nearly lose to BC at home? Is Gottfried safe? I know he's had a couple sweet sixteen runs in the last few years but I don't once remember them being a factor nationally.

Reaction Score
How much of a train wreck must N.C. State be to nearly lose to BC at home? Is Gottfried safe? I know he's had a couple sweet sixteen runs in the last few years but I don't once remember them being a factor nationally.

Gottfried is safe. He still has Calhoun to blame for his failures.

Oh wait!

NC State recruiting classes under Gottfried (from ESPN):

2012 #10
2013 #9
2014 #18
2015 NOT IN THE TOP 40
2016 1 recruit, puts them at #27

Reaction Score

Expecting anything better than Gottfried would be delusional.

I know NC State has two national championships, but they've been fairly mediocre on a national level for 30+ years.

I was looking at some stats- since 1976, they've only had 4 seasons in which they had less than 10 losses. 36 out of the last 40 seasons they had at least 10 losses.

Basically, they were elite for two years with David Thompson, were pretty good for about 6 years with Valvano, and had some decent seasons under Sendek and now Gottfried.

Reaction Score
What happened to Austin Nichols? Did he transfer to duke or something? Memphis down 9-1 @ temple.

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
I think that Dennis Smith Jr. kid NC State has coming in next year will be an absolute stud. They don't threaten me in the least as a program so I root for them, especially since they are the overlooked little brother in NC.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
yogi has really grown as a player, fun to watch

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
indiana is fun to watch, at least for today... (got a little squeamish realizing crean is the coach)

Reaction Score
The little guard with the headband for Monmouth playing right now in the Iona game isn't bad. He can at least pass the ball into the post. We could have used more of that.

4in16

uses the force
Reaction Score
At the first media timeout Gonzaga 16-13 with Gonzaga 7/8 87.5% 1/2 3pt and SMC 5/6 83.3% 3/3 from 3, wow.

Reaction Score
Are both Zags and Saint Mary's in? Does it matter to us who wins?

Reaction Score
Are both Zags and Saint Mary's in? Does it matter to us who wins?

I think both are in no matter what, especially St. Mary's, but they're very interesting. We're Gonzaga's best win at this point, and neither of them have a top 50 RPI win. On the other hand they both have good metrics. Gonzaga is 60th in RPI and St. Mary's in 35th. But I think both will make it provided nothing else crazy happens this week.

Reaction Score
I think both are in no matter what, especially St. Mary's, but they're very interesting. We're Gonzaga's best win at this point, and neither of them have a top 50 RPI win. On the other hand they both have good metrics. Gonzaga is 60th in RPI and St. Mary's in 35th. But I think both will make it provided nothing else crazy happens this week.
I have no idea how Gonzaga makes it with a loss here. 0-6 versus the top 50 with a SOS of 141 I cannot see getting an at large, unless the committee loves the BPI and Kenpom, in which case we would have absolutely nothing to worry about.

Reaction Score
I have no idea how Gonzaga makes it with a loss here. 0-6 versus the top 50 with a SOS of 141 I cannot see getting an at large, unless the committee loves the BPI and Kenpom, in which case we would have absolutely nothing to worry about.

That's true, I guess I was thinking more about a scenario of Gonzaga winning and St. Mary's losing, since that's what's happening in the game now. But I would rather see Gonzaga win, because I'm worried about what would happen in that room if we're on the bubble with Syracuse, Temple, and Gonzaga with the h2h losses. The committee may factor that in more than we think.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom