2014 SG JaKeenan Gant | Page 2 | The Boneyard

2014 SG JaKeenan Gant

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
i feel like will would have way to many guards if we got him too purvis,boat,Omar,hill and this kid? thats alot we need some big guys its not all about the guards we need guys who can rebound and block shot....not looking at you olander.

Also don't forget Terrence Samuel. My guess is we pick up one more SG, and land either Carrington or Hill. Purvis takes one of their slots. Being loaded with guards for 2014 this early in the game is a very good problem to have. This gives the coaching staff all spring and summer to zero in on elite "big man" targets and a SF like Gant or Lerron Black.

Reaction Score
I think if they took a commit/signed carrington...hill is likely to back off..although Jerry meyer from 24/7 sports said hill is a mich better version of purvis, with less baggage and MUCH more coachable...and passing up Jakeenan gant aka Rudy gay jr for learn black is stupid...in my opinion if uconn goes with carrington, the potential package deal of gant and hill could deminish...but I know hill is the # 1 option for them at the guard.....time will tell...getting hill and can't would be an instant program changer.we gotta throw the kitchen sink at these two!!!

Reaction Score
I think if they took a commit/signed carrington...hill is likely to back off..although Jerry meyer from 24/7 sports said hill is a mich better version of purvis, with less baggage and MUCH more coachable...and passing up Jakeenan gant aka Rudy gay jr for learn black is stupid...in my opinion if uconn goes with carrington, the potential package deal of gant and hill could deminish...but I know hill is the # 1 option for them at the guard.....time will tell...getting hill and can't would be an instant program changer.we gotta throw the kitchen sink at these two!!!
I think the key is to have Hill visit in May/June when you suggested. Hopefully have him commit early and then move on to their other targets. I think if Carrington was going to commit early, he would have done so after his unofficial visit last week.

Where does LJ Peak fit into all of this? I know the staff is him on him. I think they like him at small forward as well and he is very high on UCONN.

Reaction Score
Looks like it's close to the time we're going to see some dominoes fall soon......lots of options and kids interested now things need to work out best for KO and the staff.......they may have a kid ready but need to hold off trying to win the BIGGER package in the same position........KO knows about that as he jumped first when he and Travis Best were the guys JC was after........

Should be real interesting moving forward!!!

Reaction Score
Peak is not a sg, hes a small toward...GREAT player, just 6'4 and undersized for that league, seen him tons with me living in NC and him being do close....he plays really hard and has a high IQ, but isn't in the same conversation as any of the above mentioned players, just my take on it

Reaction Score
I just read somewherethat Blaney is moving to an administrative position.......could this mean. Rickey Moore can get out and recruit now? Huge of do or hill and gant!!

Reaction Score
Ricky Moore, from a very good source, will be named officially to the staff real soon and I'm sure will be headed to Georgia pretty quick for Hill and Gant.........

Reaction Score
Bornbewild, do you know where Gant is at in his recruitment, is he still wide open? Seems like we're a little late with an offer as he's had big schools on him for awhile but who knows, seems like that staff is going hard after quite a few guys and the offer could've been building for quite some time.

Reaction Score
I recommend every one look at the vid I posted...I noticed something interesting and funny. Gant tends to wear colorful socks and sometimes they are the primary color of the team he is playing against! haha. I wonder if he does that intentionally or he just has so many colorful socks, they just coincidentally match the opposite team sometimes...Yes, I just made a post about a recruits socks.... I should probably go get a life now, but...idk.

Reaction Score
His hs coach supposedly said he wasn't going far from home, but that was completly untrue...he's wide open with his recruitment...from what I've gathered...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom