2014 SG JaKeenan Gant | The Boneyard

2014 SG JaKeenan Gant

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Coast 2 Coast Hoops tweeted that UConn has offered. I think ESPN ranks him 26th in the class. I wouldn't mind having him and Ahmed Hill on the wings in 2014-2015.

Reaction Score
Gant and hill also play for the Southern Stampede and are very close friends....several georgia scouting services have said Uconn is on the top of hills list..with Ricky Moore being from Augusta and being on staff now, we are looking VERY good with hill...I think ricky Moore is the key....I saw gant at boo Williams last year...he is a Rudy gay clone...these two should be top priorities!!!

Reaction Score
Gant and hill also play for the Southern Stampede and are very close friends....several georgia scouting services have said Uconn is on the top of hills list..with Ricky Moore being from Augusta and being on staff now, we are looking VERY good with hill...I think ricky Moore is the key....I saw gant at boo Williams last year...he is a Rudy gay clone...these two should be top priorities!!!

I think we read last week that William Avery is Hill's AAU coach. Avery grew up with Moore and and they were friends, but separated by about 3 years.

Reaction Score
No , i know for a fact, Avery is not the aau coach, not involved in any way...from what I hear he has his own aau team ,will Avery elite or somethin like that..the coach is a guy named al durahm from atlanta..And hill has little interest in duke..the tweets recently ab duke are bogus..Florida is who we need to be concerned with, possibly Kansas

Reaction Score
No , i know for a fact, Avery is not the aau coach, not involved in any way...from what I hear he has his own aau team ,will Avery elite or somethin like that..the coach is a guy named al durahm from atlanta..And hill has little interest in duke..the tweets recently ab duke are bogus..Florida is who we need to be concerned with, possibly Kansas

Have you heard anything in regards to a timetable for Hill to start making visits and then a committment? Fall singing period, spring?

Reaction Score
This is great news regarding Hill. I really think he is our top priority right now along with Black. Can Ricky Moore recruit Hill though since he is not technically an assistant coach?

Reaction Score
This is great news regarding Hill. I really think he is our top priority right now along with Black. Can Ricky Moore recruit Hill though since he is not technically an assistant coach?

I don't think Ricky is allowed to recruit on the road in his Assistant Director to Basketball Admin position. I'm not sure if they visit on campus. However, I'm sure there's some gray area since we often here about others in Ricky's position helping rake in recruits.

Reaction Score
I have a niece that god to Aquinas hs, the school hill attends in Augusta..so my info is just hearsay, but hill is most likely taking an official in early may or early June, working around final exams and aau travel etc. Hopefully gant would go with him who knows...but Ricky Moore is a legend in Augusta, hill knows him from before he ever got into college coaching...but as of now there is no direct contact I'm sure...but I've also heard Moore will be on full staff soon...so well see..my niece says he is signing early for sure, and that he wears a uconn lanyard with his keys on it everyday...so I guess all of this is good signs...

Reaction Score
A little OT. Talking recently with Ed Saunders of the 99 team. We were laughing about Avery CRYING in Coach K's arms at the end of game when Rash stripped the so-called Alaskan Assasin:)

Reaction Score
I have a niece that god to Aquinas hs, the school hill attends in Augusta..so my info is just hearsay, but hill is most likely taking an official in early may or early June, working around final exams and aau travel etc. Hopefully gant would go with him who knows...but Ricky Moore is a legend in Augusta, hill knows him from before he ever got into college coaching...but as of now there is no direct contact I'm sure...but I've also heard Moore will be on full staff soon...so well see..my niece says he is signing early for sure, and that he wears a uconn lanyard with his keys on it everyday...so I guess all of this is good signs...

A good sign indeed! We had good luck with our last SG/Swingman from GA in Lamb!

Reaction Score
I wonder if signing Purvis will have any effect on Hill's recruitment. I guess it all depends on the player. Some guys have no problem going to a program where they know they'll have to compete for a starting job, while others go where the big minutes are a guarantee. Time will tell, but imagine Boatright running the break with any combination of Omar, Purvis, Hill and Gant running the wings. Wow.

Reaction Score
The lineage of guards and wings uconn has produced can't hurt either...I hope they don't take a commitment from any other wings before hill days yay or nay....that could hurt.i know they are after the Kadeem kid that's a wing I believe?

Reaction Score
Uconn always has a 3 guard look anyways, don't think the purvis thing would hurt, just my opinion

Reaction Score
I wonder if signing Purvis will have any effect on Hill's recruitment. I guess it all depends on the player. Some guys have no problem going to a program where they know they'll have to compete for a starting job, while others go where the big minutes are a guarantee. Time will tell, but imagine Boatright running the break with any combination of Omar, Purvis, Hill and Gant running the wings. Wow.

I'm not so sure. We are talking about 2014-2015 season. Yeah, 2 seasons away. Boatright would be a Sr if he stays, Calhoun a Jr. Purvis would be a Soph, yet Jr academically. Samuels a Soph, as well. UConn regularly plays 2 guards & a swingman, so there are minutes for Hill, even if he doesn't start immediately. Additionally, practicing against the best, helps you become one of the best! Oh, the possibilities!

Reaction Score
Thank you for this great info. I have always thought that we would get Hill from everything he's said and the connections we have going for us, it's nice to hear this info and it makes me more convinced we get Ahmed Hill.

Reaction Score
i feel like will would have way to many guards if we got him too purvis,boat,Omar,hill and this kid? thats alot we need some big guys its not all about the guards we need guys who can rebound and block shot....not looking at you olander.

Reaction Score
i feel like will would have way to many guards if we got him too purvis,boat,Omar,hill and this kid? thats alot we need some big guys its not all about the guards we need guys who can rebound and block shot....not looking at you olander.
He's pretty much a college 4 man at this point, his perimeter skills still need developing

Reaction Score
No prob , my sister lives in Augusta my niece and Ahmed are good friends..and my sisters hub, went to westside hs, where ricky Moore went, and is a HUGE fan of Ricky..so when he comes to ahmeds games during the season he's always pushing uconn lol..my niece said he's a good artest too, and for the art show last month drew a uconn husky and got 1st place..glad my info is helpful ..I'll keep digging ..go huskies

Reaction Score
No prob , my sister lives in Augusta my niece and Ahmed are good friends..and my sisters hub, went to westside hs, where ricky Moore went, and is a HUGE fan of Ricky..so when he comes to ahmeds games during the season he's always pushing uconn lol..my niece said he's a good artest too, and for the art show last month drew a uconn husky and got 1st place..glad my info is helpful ..I'll keep digging ..go huskies

Thanks for your realistic perspective! You never know who is telling the truth, but I take comments from those who know potential recruits more seriously. It's not about being most visable but being more comfortable. Hopefully Amhed feels the UConn family experience! I truly believe Napier has done more for UConn than most can imagine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom