2014 Huskies -What is the question that you are most curious about? | Page 3 | The Boneyard

2014 Huskies -What is the question that you are most curious about?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
No. I meant to quote Weyou. I fixed my post and agree with yours.
You need to go back and re-read what I typed. I am curious to see what happens with fans and media once everyone sees how the first 3rd of the season goes. I believe I made that clear in my post but will gladly re-explain it to the folks that just seem to see what they want to see in my posts. If that sounds snide or cynical I apologize but getting sick of peeps misinterpreting my posts.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
You need to go back and re-read what I typed. I am curious to see what happens with fans and media once everyone sees how the first 3rd of the season goes. I believe I made that clear in my post but will gladly re-explain it to the folks that just seem to see what they want to see in my posts. If that sounds snide or cynical I apologize but getting sick of peeps misinterpreting my posts.

I didn't misinterpret anything. The former regime did a lot of damage to the heart and psyche of the UConn fan base. Three games is hardly a large sample size coming off 13-23. It's not only the fans' responsibility to "support" this program. Some responsibility lies with the product on the field. Regardless, nothing will be proven after three or four games.

As an overweight guy who has yo-yo'ed for the better part of his adult life, take it from me ( or don't. I don't care.). It took 3 years for the former regime to make this program fat and bloated. It's going to take more than 3 weeks to lose all that weight with regard to fan perception, no matter how much energy the exercise regimen expends.

Reaction Score
I didn't misinterpret anything. The former regime did a lot of damage to the heart and psyche of the UConn fan base. Three games is hardly a large sample size coming off 13-23. It's not only the fans' responsibility to "support" this program. Some responsibility lies with the product on the field. Regardless, nothing will be proven after three or four games.

As an overweight guy who has yo-yo'ed for the better part of his adult life, take it from me ( or don't. I don't care.). It took 3 years for the former regime to make this program fat and bloated. It's going to take more than 3 weeks to lose all that weight with regard to fan perception, no matter how much energy the exercise regimen expends.

BYU and Boise will see decent crowds. The people who follow the program closely will give Diaco time. The casual fans will not. If we get off to a 1-3 start the Rent will be a ghost town for the rest of the year. Anyone who is not expecting that is living a fantasy.

Husky25

Reaction Score
BYU and Boise will see decent crowds. The people who follow the program closely will give Diaco time. The casual fans will not. If we get off to a 1-3 start the Rent will be a ghost town for the rest of the year. Anyone who is not expecting that is living a fantasy.
There are a lot of questions with this years team given the inexperience in the trenches, new coaching staff, and lack of depth. Even still, I think 3-2 going into the first bye and 4-2 going into the second are not out of the question. UConn's first six opponents are BYU, SBU, Boise St., Temple, USF, and Tulane. UConn never won three in a row under Former "Coach" Pasqualoni. Coach Diaco has a chance to do it by Columbus Day.

Reaction Score
There are a lot of questions with this years team given the inexperience in the trenches, new coaching staff, and lack of depth. Even still, I think 3-2 going into the first bye and 4-2 going into the second are not out of the question. UConn's first six opponents are BYU, SBU, Boise St., Temple, USF, and Tulane. UConn never won three in a row under Former "Coach" Pasqualoni. Coach Diaco has a chance to do it by Columbus Day.

That's the thing with this year. A 4-2 start is on the table, but so is 1-5. I'm not sure which one is more likely either. If we are 4-2 after Tulane I will be happier than a pig in sheet.

Reaction Score
Just repeating what others have written, but as fan who makes it to at least 3 games a year, I have watched UConn dominate teams off the ball with the offensive line and a solid run game. The past couple of years have been hard to watch. I will be interested to see the improvement this year.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Let's not imagine and project what may happen if some other thing happens.

The OP nailed it. I am very excited to see what we have, what Diaco does different with respect to schemes and game time play calling, what the players look like physically, stamina improvements, which players step up, who wins the QB job etc. An insider in the program suggested to me that Newsome would RS. It would still surprise me.

Reaction Score
That's the thing with this year. A 4-2 start is on the table, but so is 1-5. I'm not sure which one is more likely either. If we are 4-2 after Tulane I will be happier than a pig in sheet.
And so will the fans, the coaches and.... the local media will having something positive to talk about regarding UConn football. My original point, and I'll try to explain it in simpler terms for you slow folks, was that I'd be curious to see after 4 games A: if they are doing good or B: If they are a carbon copy of last years start, what the fan reaction, local media treatment and coaches body language on the sidelines will be.

A: If things are going well(4-0 3-1) will we see 30K+ for the Temple game at the Rent? Will the local media start buzzing? What will UConn's sideline look like? People bouncing around juiced to get into the game? Coaches rushing around making sure their charges are ready?
B: If they go into the Temple game 1-3 or 2-2 with a couple embarrassing losses will the stadium be half full at kick off? Will the local media be questioning Diaco's strategy or will they be forced to publicly excuse his start as either first time head coach learning experience or still cleaning up the last regimes mess? What will the coaches body language be on the sidelines? Will Diaco and co be in peoples faces or will, in the face of adversity, Diaco be the teacher/consoler on the sidelines?

Reaction Score
And so will the fans, the coaches and.... the local media will having something positive to talk about regarding UConn football. My original point, and I'll try to explain it in simpler terms for you slow folks, was that I'd be curious to see after 4 games A: if they are doing good or B: If they are a carbon copy of last years start, what the fan reaction, local media treatment and coaches body language on the sidelines will be.

A: If things are going well(4-0 3-1) will we see 30K+ for the Temple game at the Rent? Will the local media start buzzing? What will UConn's sideline look like? People bouncing around juiced to get into the game? Coaches rushing around making sure their charges are ready?
B: If they go into the Temple game 1-3 or 2-2 with a couple embarrassing losses will the stadium be half full at kick off? Will the local media be questioning Diaco's strategy or will they be forced to publicly excuse his start as either first time head coach learning experience or still cleaning up the last regimes mess? What will the coaches body language be on the sidelines? Will Diaco and co be in peoples faces or will, in the face of adversity, Diaco be the teacher/consoler on the sidelines?

We get your point. We just think it's stupid.

Reaction Score

Your point sucks. Quit shilling for Pasqualoni and DeLeone. Just give it up.

Husky25

Reaction Score

You're point is not a point.

It seems to me that you want to compare how the environment reacts to a similar situation that had been fostered by the former regime. You want to see the differences (and are hoping there are few) between the new staff and the old regime in an effort to say, "I told you it wasn't the coaches." I hope I'm wrong. I hope you aren't rooting for failure. Unfortunately, I don't think I am.

cttxus

The CT-TX-US Connection: Historic, Alive and Well
Reaction Score
Perhaps we should just ask a direct question instead of speculate? Weyuo, are you a supporter of the former coaching regime and skeptical about the new one? Or do embrace the new regime and are describing the things you'll use to judge the success of any new coaching regime, HCBD's or otherwise? BTW, I realize both questions can easily be parsed.

Reaction Score
You're point is not a point.

It seems to me that you want to compare how the environment reacts to a similar situation that had been fostered by the former regime. You want to see the differences (and are hoping there are few) between the new staff and the old regime in an effort to say, "I told you it wasn't the coaches." I hope I'm wrong. I hope you aren't rooting for failure. Unfortunately, I don't think I am.

Exactly. Setting the threshold at 4 games is so irrational one can only assume it's done for diabolical reasons.

Reaction Score
Let me tell you something I'm almost certain will take place. Diaco and company will take the talent he has and design a plan that suits them well.

There is no way Diaco is stupid enough to try and revamp the entire team, especially the offense, in year one.

This alone is worth 1-2 wins.

I think the staff takes a lot from the last 3 games of 2013 and builds on the positives and what worked well on offense. As for defense, who knows, but I'm confident he knows what he's doing there.

Reaction Score
"Exactly. Setting the threshold at 4 games is so irrational one can only assume it's done for diabolical reasons".

Who -u-c-k is setting a threshold? As far as P was concerned I called individuals out WHEN THEY TOOK CHEAP, SOPHOMORIC SHOTS AT THE CURRENT COACHING STAFF.
Hitting below the belt type of shots that were just mean spirited. I'll stand up for this new coaching staff the same way I have for the last two. You take some cheap, unwarranted shot at the team I follow, I'll say something about it. You can bully this board if you want but I call em the way I see em if you don't like it go find somewhere else to get your jollies. You guys probably shouldn't get a Boneyard flag and if one is displayed it might be a good idea not to display it yourselves. You tend to go out of your way to pizz people off for no other reason than to see if you can. Beware, you just might get what you deserve.

Reaction Score
"Exactly. Setting the threshold at 4 games is so irrational one can only assume it's done for diabolical reasons".

Who -u-c-k is setting a threshold? As far as P was concerned I called individuals out WHEN THEY TOOK CHEAP, SOPHOMORIC SHOTS AT THE CURRENT COACHING STAFF.
Hitting below the belt type of shots that were just mean spirited. I'll stand up for this new coaching staff the same way I have for the last two. You take some cheap, unwarranted shot at the team I follow, I'll say something about it. You can bully this board if you want but I call em the way I see em if you don't like it go find somewhere else to get your jollies. You guys probably shouldn't get a Boneyard flag and if one is displayed it might be a good idea not to display it yourselves. You tend to go out of your way to pizz people off for no other reason than to see if you can. Beware, you just might get what you deserve.

Please don't play the victim. It's even more unbecoming than your love for all things PPGDL.

Reaction Score

When you fire the first shot ("I'll explain in simpler terms for you slow folk"), you may expect some return fire.

As far as threats go, I'm sure everyone's scared.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
It's 7, be OK with 6, downright giddy with more than that. Anyone projecting or happy with 4 needs to be removed for their own safety.

Reaction Score
Please don't play the victim. It's even more unbecoming than your love for all things PPGDL.
LOL!! We'll see how long it takes you to jump off the Diaco bandwagon. With some of you guys it's inevitable. I'll support anybody willing to carry the torch for UConn whether it be Edsall, Pasqualoni, Holtz or Diaco. When somebody takes a cheap shot I'll call you on it. Keep it constructive. Don't take the cheap shot son.

Reaction Score

Weyuo and others that supported Pasqualoni were trying to destroy UConn football. Worst poster since "Ansonia Steve".

Reaction Score
Which game, and who, will run the Statue of Liberty play? Or, the Larry Taylor fair catch play in honor of Louisville Community College? ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Baller29

Top Bottom