2012-13 Roster | Page 2 | The Boneyard

2012-13 Roster

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
i don't see her posting up that much or spending time banging around with the bigs. add to that Bree's ability to dribble the ball almost like a guard, and her mid-range and long-range game, and i think she will be far more effective NOT being on the court as the "5".
She said that she enjoys spending time in the weight room. I think we'll see some positive changes 6 months from now. I have a feeling she's a lot stronger than she appears. Those long arms give the appearance of being thin, but don't be deceived.

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
She said that she enjoys spending time in the weight room. I think we'll see some positive changes 6 months from now. I have a feeling she's a lot stronger than she appears. Those long arms give the appearance of being thin, but don't be deceived.

The moment she steps on campus, she is the best post player on the team with the variety of shots at her disposal.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Absolutely, her frame is not one to be confused with weakness. It is the frame of world class high jumpers. They are superbly conditioned and strong athletes.

Reaction Score
It's always fun to look at this in writing. Wow...lots of possible combinations of size and speed.

WIth only losing Hayes and adding a defensive presence like Stewart, I can see this team breaking both the FG and Scoring defensive records that got away from last years team.

6'5" Dolson
6'4" Stewart
6'3" Stokes
6'3" Buck
6'2" Tuck
6' Lewis
5'11" Faris
5'11" Engeln
5'10" Doty
5'9" Hartley
5'9" Banks
5'7" Jefferson

Looking at that list I'm getting excited not just about the height but the DEPTH of that team.

Oh sweet, blessed depth . . . we've missed you!

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
Breanna in the lineup with Kelly and Stef makes both of those two better. Kelly will need to be more of a perimeter defender next year with Tiff leaving. Breanna's ability to play the four defensively and put the ball on the floor on offense should open things up for Stef.

I can definitely see Kelly in a point-forward role on offense with a backcourt of KML and Bria. Those three, plus Breanna and Stef, will be our best lineup- big, versatile, skilled, and a lot to offer on both O and D. Caroline's minutes will depend on a) her health, b) whether she can get her shot back in the offseason, and c) how much teams try to press us. Caroline's #1 on-court attribute last year was dealing with pressing/trapping defenses.

Having players like Kiah or Morgan come off your bench as seventh or eighth "men" is pretty amazing.

Banks is a wild card. Lots of raw talent and athleticism. Just gotta see whether she can get it all together.

But the wild card of all wild cards is Moriah. My gut says she needs a year, and she'll be incredible as a sophomore on. But she's so electric that I could see her forcing her way into the rotation, including against teams where the outcome isn't predetermined.

Lauren is going to have a tough time getting off the bench.

And Buck? I see her as situationally extremely useful, e.g against Griner. Luxury to have a fifth year player like that.

Really a pretty exceptional group of kids. It's a national championship-caliber team IF chemistry and crunch-time pecking order work themselves out.

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
Breanna in the lineup with Kelly and Stef makes both of those two better. Kelly will need to be more of a perimeter defender next year with Tiff leaving. Breanna's ability to play the four defensively and put the ball on the floor on offense should open things up for Stef.

I can definitely see Kelly in a point-forward role on offense with a backcourt of KML and Bria. Those three, plus Breanna and Stef, will be our best lineup- big, versatile, skilled, and a lot to offer on both O and D. Caroline's minutes will depend on a) her health, b) whether she can get her shot back in the offseason, and c) how much teams try to press us. Caroline's #1 on-court attribute last year was dealing with pressing/trapping defenses.

Having players like Kiah or Morgan come off your bench as seventh or eighth "men" is pretty amazing.

Banks is a wild card. Lots of raw talent and athleticism. Just gotta see whether she can get it all together.

But the wild card of all wild cards is Moriah. My gut says she needs a year, and she'll be incredible as a sophomore on. But she's so electric that I could see her forcing her way into the rotation, including against teams where the outcome isn't predetermined.

Lauren is going to have a tough time getting off the bench.

And Buck? I see her as situationally extremely useful, e.g against Griner. Luxury to have a fifth year player like that.

Really a pretty exceptional group of kids. It's a national championship-caliber team IF chemistry and crunch-time pecking order work themselves out.

Great post, Alex. I am very confident that chemistry and crunch time pecking order won't be a problem based on the personalites of the kids.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Interestingly with the players coming in, I actually think with increased scoring potential from the other four players on the court, Heather could actually get more minutes as a defensive post and offensive rebounder - two areas she excels at.
And one of Stef/Kiah's biggest problems this year was the quality of passing into the post (or lack thereof!) Kelly really is our best returning entry passer, so whether she is playing 'PG' or more of a point forward, I do see her getting serious minutes helping run the team.

Reaction Score
Looking at that list I'm getting excited not just about the height but the DEPTH of that team.

Oh sweet, blessed depth . . . we've missed you!

As Yogi said, "We have deep depth."

Reaction Score
I don't understand why so many BYs envision Breanna at the 4 spot. (The facts of the matter is that our 3 elite, incoming recruits, will have earn a spot in the rotation. Making it into the starting rotation will be the result of many practices, skull sessions and evaluations. But it won't be by declaration.)

Having said that:

IMHO, the 4 spot will belong Morgan's.

We saw how strong and capable Morgan can be playing the 4 spot in the McDonald's AA game.

I think most BYs would agree that the 5 spot is Stef's to lose. (Backed up by Kiah and Heather.)

I can see KML moving into the 3 spot. (Backed up by Breanna and maybe Caroline.)

I also see Bria moving into her natural position at the 2 spot. (Backed up by Caroline, Lauren and KML.)

I concide the likelihood that Caroline will be the starting PG. (Backed up by Bria, Moriah and Brianna.)

IMO, there is absolutely no chance that we will ever see Kelly at the 1 spot in an important game. (That will be especially true when we play elite teams and in BE Conference games.)

These are, of course, just my opinions.

Peace,

John Fryer

Reaction Score
I would not be surprised to see Kelly Faris getting extended minutes at point guard. Despite playing mostly off-guard and small forward this season she led the team in assists. Hartley, Banks and Jefferson probably all have better handles but Hartley is really a shooting guard and the other two are unknowns at this point. I think CD will start but probably won't play more than 20 minutes per game and if she continues to be a non-factor on offense then she's basically a less athletic Faris (I sincerely hope to be proven wrong on both those counts, but I don't know how much mobility she can recover at this point). It was also clear in watching the games this season that Faris is better than anyone on this team at feeding the post, which will be crucial next year, and she has the defensive ability to shut down opposing point guards. (first post woot:D)[/quotCongrats]W/C to the world of posting on here! Good post! Whatever we label Kelly<I love her>amongst her skills/talents are athletisism,defensive great1,2,3,4,best assists,best assists/to ratio, highbasketball IQ,intensity,Excellent Ft shooter,steals. My point wherever she is playing she will have additional assists because of the 3 coming in! Actually all 3 coming in are excellent/will be setting up teammates!

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
I don't understand why so many BYs envision Breanna at the 4 spot. (The facts of the matter is that our 3 elite, incoming recruits, will have earn a spot in the rotation. Making it into the starting rotation will be the result of many practices, skull sessions and evaluations. But it won't be by declaration.)

Having said that:

IMHO, the 4 spot will belong Morgan's.

We saw how strong and capable Morgan can be playing the 4 spot in the McDonald's AA game.

I think most BYs would agree that the 5 spot is Stef's to lose. (Backed up by Kiah and Heather.)

I can see KML moving into the 3 spot. (Backed up by Breanna and maybe Caroline.)

I also see Bria moving into her natural position at the 2 spot. (Backed up by Caroline, Lauren and KML.)

I concide the likelihood that Caroline will be the starting PG. (Backed up by Bria, Moriah and Brianna.)

IMO, there is absolutely no chance that we will ever see Kelly at the 1 spot in an important game. (That will be especially true when we play elite teams and in BE Conference games.)

These are, of course, just my opinions.

Peace,

John Fryer
it has to do with who's on the floor with her. Next year, Caroline, Bria, Kelly, KML and Stef are pretty much guaranteed starters. KML worked hard on her post game and it's not like that's a strictly 4-guard lineup. the year AFTER that i'd envision starters of Moriah, Bria, KML, Bree and Stef. Bree is clearly an all around player who can play pretty much anywhere on the court. As fantastic as Morgan is, i'm not sure i envision her as a starter until after Stef leaves. Then I could see starters of Moriah, KML, Diamond, Morgan and Bree even tho none are a true "5".

and that's assuming we get a class that includes DD. The great thing is there's plenty of PT. The next few years will really be the first time Geno has 10 or so AA's on the roster. finding PT for all of them will be a fun challenge. fortunately kids come here not expecting to play starter from day 1, but expecting/hoping to get PT because they are good and work hard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom