2011 New York Giants Thread | The Boneyard

2011 New York Giants Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Sucked isn't a strong enough description.

Reaction Score
Gilbride i meant Kildrive needs to go ......4th&1 runs the 5'9 guy up the middle while the 6"4 264 pound RB sits on the bench.

Won't even start on the DC and his zone scheme,all that needs to be said is Rex GROSSman had 300+ yards and 2 tds..

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
What I don't get is that every time the opponent stacks the box, our only response is to attempt a deep pass.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
Gilbride i meant Kildrive needs to go ......4th&1 runs the 5'9 guy up the middle while the 6"4 264 pound RB sits on the bench.

Won't even start on the DC and his zone scheme,all that needs to be said is Rex GROSSman had 300+ yards and 2 tds..

He did it on 3rd and 2 later. He saw the first one failed and thought it would work again.

Reaction Score
Relax fellow Giant fans and sit back - gonna be a real long season I'm afraid. Not sure who or what to blame but they lost Boss, Smith to $$$$ and too many real nice players to injuries. Tough to overcome so a lost season from what I can see. Lots of rookies will get time and experience.

Reaction Score
I'm resigned to the fact that this is most likely a horrible football season, seeing as both the GMen and Huskies aren't looking too promising. If I accept that as the reality of it now, it will make my Saturdays and Sundays much less painful. At least I still have fantasy football and tailgating to distract me during the two.

Any word on how Nicks knee is holding up?

tykurez

For Your Health
Reaction Score
To add to the delight of this season: Domenik Hixon has a torn right ACL .... again ....

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Still expect Giants to lose against Eagles even if Vick doesn't start. Giants have a dismal offense and worse secondary. Giants would be better off having the worse record (KC probably gets that) and start to rebuild

tykurez

For Your Health
Reaction Score
Still expect Giants to lose against Eagles even if Vick doesn't start. Giants have a dismal offense and worse secondary. Giants would be better off having the worse record (KC probably gets that) and start to rebuild

I kind of agree with the first part bold, but not the second. They have a lot of fantastic pieces ... it just so happens that 1/3rd of the them are injured.

They have some fantastic young pieces, namely at wide receiver (Nicks, Manningham) and the secondary (Thomas, Amukamara, Phillips), they just need improvement in a few select areas (linebacker, offensive line). I'm still upset about not getting Rolando McClain.

As much flak as Reese gets, he drafts fantastic ... they just need to stay healthy at some point.

Reaction Score
I kind of agree with the first part bold, but not the second. They have a lot of fantastic pieces ... it just so happens that 1/3rd of the them are injured.

They have some fantastic young pieces, namely at wide receiver (Nicks, Manningham) and the secondary (Thomas, Amukamara, Phillips), they just need improvement in a few select areas (linebacker, offensive line). I'm still upset about not getting Rolando McClain.

As much flak as Reese gets, he drafts fantastic ... they just need to stay healthy at some point.

Yes the talent is definetly there which is the most dissapointing thing of not making the playoffs the last 2 years. If the Defense doesnt get pressure on the Qb they are in trouble. I just wanna see them hit Vick continuously i dont care if they get flagged for it.

speedoo

Big Apple Big Dog
Reaction Score

You are correct. Way too much talent to even think about rebuilding.

Just need better luck re. injuries and Uminyora needs to stfu and play.

Reaction Score
Yes the talent is definetly there which is the most dissapointing thing of not making the playoffs the last 2 years. If the Defense doesnt get pressure on the Qb they are in trouble. I just wanna see them hit Vick continuously i dont care if they get flagged for it.

10-6 usually Gets you in.

McClain isn't an upgrade over Goff.

Reaction Score
when did I ever say anything about McClain like I said the talent is there, 10-6 usually gets you in the Giants had their chance against Philly twice, its how you do within your division.

Reaction Score
Let's talk about those GIANTS!!

Big comeback, of course that Cruz play will be talked about but by the NFL rulebook that was the correct call. Cant complain about the win going on the road after winning at Philly the previous week, now hopefully the Gmen build off of this and dont make it a habit. Great to see Osi back but I can definetly see why the Giants didnt give him that contract. Was it any coincidence that the Cardinals ran Beanie Wells to his side? I thought Tollefson should and Pierre Paul should have started and have Osi play on passing downs/situations. Anthony Sherman looked very good as did Beatty. Team is playing with heart just gotta see if they can play consistantly, our D-line is loaded when we get Tuck back DAMN.

tykurez

For Your Health
Reaction Score
Great win! No turnovers against the best team in the league at forcing them. Props to Eli an Co. for fixing that issue thus far.

Reaction Score
Hope Prince is ready to go after the bye(I know its gonna be a work in progress, as he plays himself into game shape like Ross did earlier this season)tired of Deon Grant as the last line of defense,Get Rolle back to his safety spot and Grant off the field.

tykurez

For Your Health
Reaction Score
Hope Prince is ready to go after the bye(I know its gonna be a work in progress, as he plays himself into game shape like Ross did earlier this season)tired of Deon Grant as the last line of defense,Get Rolle back to his safety spot and Grant off the field.

I agree ... but Prince needs time to get up to speed. I'm fine with Grant in there as long as he's got some backup in the dime packages.

tykurez

For Your Health
Reaction Score
Let's enjoy this while it lasts, Giants fans. 2 up on the rest of the division and the Giants have road games against the Pats and 49ers before they play the hot Eagles, who have home games against the Bears and Cardinals ... yuck.

tykurez

For Your Health
Reaction Score
Well, it was fun while it lasted. Tied for first (technically second given the tiebreaker) with the Cowboys with New Orleans and Green Bay on tap.

Looks like another second-half swoon ...

Reaction Score
tough being a Uconn and Giants fan, the Giants kill me more because they have the talent. Its too bad because Eli is having a great season, we cant get a pass rush to save our lives Osi is overrated and is no Strahan, he doesnt deserve that extension if you want top DE money you better be getting at least 2-3 sacks a game. Were gonna go to 6-6 with NO and GB coming up I see our offense putting up some points but without a pass rush Brees and Rodgers will have a field day. Im kind of hoping we lose out to clean house if we finish at 9-7 Coughlin stays as does Gilbride and the whole staff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom