20 wins or beating Providence? | Page 3 | The Boneyard

20 wins or beating Providence?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Can we add in that JC f*ed up by not recruiting Ryan Gomes?
Only if we can add that PC did not make the NCAA's that year, or, for that matter, no year since then. And, UConn won it's 2nd, of 3 National Champ-een-ships that year.

God Bless the Mighty UConn......................

Reaction Score
I honestly think we can beat USF without Shabazz

Reaction Score

*gets slammed for not recruiting gomes*

Jim- "brb"

3077371_display_image.jpg

"Where is Gomes?"

*meanwhile in providence*

P13318481.jpeg

Reaction Score
What does that have to do with anything? You lost to UMass, do not use that as an excuse why your OOC sucks and play the "woulda, shoulda, coulda game" with your schedule.

You played who you played, that's it.

I have never seen a program of whiners and excuse makers as big as PC. "If we had so and so we woulda won the Big East this year!" This should be y'alls motto.

Jesus, these trolls are not the brightest bunch. Your team winning a NCAA tournament game this millennium should be a requirement to post on this board.

Please just go back to your board where you guys spend all day trying to figure out you need to do to make your first NCAA tournament in 9 years.

I keep forgetting...only UCONN is allowed to use a depleted roster and injuries to justify things. For everyone else, it's excuses. I'll make it easy for you.

True or false: A basketball team has a better chance of winning a game if it's starting backcourt plays?

Reaction Score
Providence lost to Brown? Holy ..............LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

Providence fans....you must stop arguing....your school actually lost to Brown....I'm dying right now.....holy

King of New England lost to Brown and BC

Reaction Score
I keep forgetting...only UCONN is allowed to use a depleted roster and injuries to justify things. For everyone else, it's excuses. I'll make it easy for you.

True or false: A basketball team has a better chance of winning a game if it's starting backcourt plays?
So you put together a terrible OOC because you had injuries during the year?? Council's injury is why your best OOC game was URI?

Did you ever think you were just not good enough to beat UMASS? You couldn't beat Brown with Council why would you beat UMass with him?

Reaction Score
UK at the Barclays next December
Big time enough for you?
The game has nothing to do with you. They are scheduling game in the NYC area for recruiting reasons and they choose a team they know they can beat and look good against.

You are basically a home coming opponent for UK.

Reaction Score
Again, without VC. Cotton injures knee in first 5 minutes. Lost on a buzzer beater with 5 scholly players available. How would UCONN fair without Bazz, Boat and OC? Please know wtf you are talking about before you post.

Cotton played 40 minutes in that game and put up 23 points and 5 assists. No one wants to hear it.

Maybe instead of being obsessed with a team that puts up 3 national championships in the last 14 years, you can break down tape and find a way to beat UMass, Penn State, Brown, Boston College and DePaul next year.

Reaction Score
The game has nothing to do with you. They are scheduling game in the NYC area for recruiting reasons and they choose a team they know they can beat and look good against.

You are basically a home coming opponent for UK.
95 percent UK fans 4 percent UConn fans 1 percent PC fans.

Reaction Score
So you put together a terrible OOC because you had injuries during the year?? Council's injury is why your best OOC game was URI?

Did you ever think you were just not good enough to beat UMASS? You couldn't beat Brown with Council why would you beat UMass with him?

No cotton vs. Brown. Still should win that game.

Is anyone going to answer the question honestly? Didn't think so.

Reaction Score
I want you and your PC fanboys to list the unthinkable things you would do to go back and time to 1985 and force Providence to make just one phone call to Northeastern instead of the Knicks.

My god can you even imagine.....

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
1 missed recruit vs how many AAs and pros? why dont you think before you say stupid things

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
pc absolutely did make the ncaa tournament THAT year (gomes' junior year). and correct... have not made it since.
you should remember that year-its a long time since another tournament game and now many UCONN national championships???

Reaction Score
Are we forgetting that we took Caron Butler instead? Where is Gomes right now?

Reaction Score
I want you and your PC fanboys to list the unthinkable things you would do to go back and time to 1985 and force Providence to make just one phone call to Northeastern instead of the Knicks.

My god can you even imagine.....

Pitino did just fine. JC wouldn't have had the resources he enjoyed at UConn in the early 90s that allowed him to make things happen at Storrs. Reason barnes left, Gillen too. Fighting the Spanish Armada in a row boat. He would have left

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
beating PC is nothing special to me, it's expected

winning is important to me

although PC has had pretty good success against us, beating a program that's so far below us in every and all measurements of success cannot be elevated to some sort of special status, it's just another win

PS: I don't have any problem scheduling them going forward. I'd prefer to play them in Nov - Dec than TX Southern

Reaction Score

Here's the deal regarding depleated rosters, Seanzo....No roster, in the country was depleated more, particularly in Nov/Dec than UConn. We lost Oriaki, Roscoe Smith, plus Jeremy Lamb & Aundre Drummond. Did UConn fans try to make up excuses? No!!!
UConn simply went out and beat Mich. State, Wake Forest & Washington. Plus we beat all the cupcakes on our schedule.
What did PC do in Nov/Dec??? Lost to Brown, Depaul at home, BC (probably the worst team in a weak ACC) & Umass.
PC didn't take care of business...UConn did.....
Hang your head in shamer Seanzo....or, just go away and hang yourself...........

Reaction Score
Here's the deal regarding depleated rosters, Seanzo....No roster, in the country was depleated more, particularly in Nov/Dec than UConn. We lost Oriaki, Roscoe Smith, plus Jeremy Lamb & Aundre Drummond. Did UConn fans try to make up excuses? No!!!
UConn simply went out and beat Mich. State, Wake Forest & Washington. Plus we beat all the cupcakes on our schedule.
What did PC do in Nov/Dec??? Lost to Brown, Depaul at home, BC (probably the worst team in a weak ACC) & Umass.
PC didn't take care of business...UConn did.....
Hang your head in shamer Seanzo....or, just go away and hang yourself...........

First, it's depleted.

Second, you knew those guys were gone for 6 months. Can't compare to losing your top player 5 minutes into the season. But if you want to go there, PC also lost 2 starters in Coleman, Dixon. Also lost Ron giplaye, kiwi gardner and ian Baker. Not the caliber of your guys; but you get my point.

Reaction Score
First, it's depleted.

Second, you knew those guys were gone for 6 months. Can't compare to losing your top player 5 minutes into the season. But if you want to go there, PC also lost 2 starters in Coleman, Dixon. Also lost Ron giplaye, kiwi gardner and ian Baker. Not the caliber of your guys; but you get my point.
Thanx for the spelling lesson. Does this mean you won't be hanging yourself?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom