#20/24 UConn v. Tulane (Fri. 4/27@7p@Dunkin Donut Park,Sat.@2p@DDP & Sun.@11a @J.O.C.) TV Info Below | Page 3 | The Boneyard

#20/24 UConn v. Tulane (Fri. 4/27@7p@Dunkin Donut Park,Sat.@2p@DDP & Sun.@11a @J.O.C.) TV Info Below

Reaction Score
Tulane puts first two batter on. 1st and 2nd no outs.

Reaction Score
32E421A8-165E-460C-BAA0-72CA0CF6E78A.jpeg

Reaction Score

This series is at East Carolina. With the win Houston is fast rising in the RPI. Another win on the road like this would start to put them in decent shape in the RPI, although they still have more work to do.

Reaction Score
UH beat ECU
USF beat Memphis
UCF up 9-5 over WSU in the 8th.
UC beat Kansas.

Reaction Score
Poulin fields a bunt and gets the runner at 3B for the first out. I don't understand that bunt when you are 4 runs down and only 2 runners on.

Tulane coaching staff said after rthe game that the kid was biunting for basehit on his own; thought he coiuld the ball past Poulin. Turned into bad decision for them...

uconnbaseball

Hey there
Reaction Score
Thoughts on the game:

-We absolutely dominated the first half of the game..we came out with energy and it showed. Practically every hard hit ball was by us, including some foul ball bombs

-Tulane didn't quit, but just didn't get a big hit when they needed it. Poulin's stuff is probably the least impressive of the 3 dudes we threw, but he located well

-Sat close to a scout...Feole legit hits 92-93 with regularity and hos curve is legit. Looks like another top draft pick for us

-Tulane repeatedly called for bunts in situations that did not call for it. Horrific coaching, our team generally fields the bunt well

-We hardly ever struck out, but the inability to draw a damn walk is holding back this offense. We have no patience whatsoever. At one point, Susi swung at a 2-0 pitch at his neck...

-Both defenses fielded much better in the game than in warm-ups

-Nice home run by Barry Bonds in the 8th inning. That ball was pulverized

Other general thoughts and quips:

-Lousy atmosphere today. I liked the ballpark a lot, but our fans were pathetic. Half of them watched the game from the terrace, while another 20% were socializing near the vending areas. The rain (mere sprinkles) and cool weather hurt attendance numbers, but there were still ~1,000 people there. Only 250-300 seemed to care about the result.

-Home plate ump was consistent through 5 innings (giving the low and inside pitches while not giving the outside corner), then shrunk the strike zone down to the size of a cranberry. Feole cruises through 7 without that zone.

-The scouts at the game would intently analyze the UConn pitchers, then play on their phones when Tulane came out on the field. To be fair, their pitching was not in our league; only their Canadian reliever impressed me. Their starter threw 85 mph meatball fastballs with no movement. That was their weakest starter, though

Good win tonight. Hopefully the fans sit in the seats tomorrow!

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
That was fun, despite the weather. I finally bought my much sought after “hook C” hat. Saturday should be a blast.

Reaction Score

No. 20 Huskies Win Series Opener vs. Tulane, 6-2

Notes:
  • The Huskies are now 3-0 all-time at Dunkin’ Donuts Park.
  • The Green Waves fourth inning run ended a streak of 21 consecutive scoreless innings for UConn pitchers at Dunkin Donuts Park.
  • With his triple in the first inning, Zac Susi extended his reach-base streak to 26 consecutive games and has a 10-game hit streak.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Fedko came in for Phillips yesterday mid-way through the game. Phillips was 1 for 2 (single) so it wasn't performance related. Chris Jones said he thought Penders wanted to get other guys batting. Maybe Phillips comes in mid-game today.

Reaction Score
Tulane players are throwing and kicking a football during warmups. No wonder their team underperforms

uconnbaseball

Hey there
Reaction Score
Attendance looks better than when I was there last night.

Capturing the balloon giraffe will be more difficult today.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom