2 Games Left....16-15?...15-16?...14-17? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

2 Games Left....16-15?...15-16?...14-17?

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
And will likely get us in the NIT
I doubt it unless there are very few conference tournament upsets.

Guaranteed imo. If you're north of .500 in a decent league, you're usually in.

NIT craves viewers, and having a marquee name like UCONN, at MSG no less, is a cinch for them.

EDIT: I see that's no longer the case. booo.

Last edited:

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Starting to really hate NIT's decision to waive the winning record rule.
It's a bad change. Sorry, if you can't win more than half your games you shouldn't make the post-season.

Crap I didn't know that. I take back what I said directly above. When did this happen?

Reaction Score
Here are the current NIT predictions: Bracketology 2019 - NCAA Tournament / NIT Projections

UConn is 14-15 and sits at 96 on KenPom and 94 in NET rankings

Penn State is currently 12-17 ... 43 in KenPom and 48 in NET and projected as a 7 seed in NIT
South Carolina is currently 14-15 ... 94 in KenPom and 96 in NET and projected as a 5 seed in NIT

Hopefully UConn with a winning record can supplant either one of those two, but you never know. Penn State and South Carolina each have a handful of wins that are better than UConn's so we'll see.

Starting to really hate NIT's decision to waive the winning record rule.

I can't believe I'm saying this but I'll be rooting for the regular season champions of low major conferences to win their conference tournaments. If they don't win they essentially become NIT bid stealers. So lets go Hofstra, Colgate, Campbell, etc!

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Temple shot lights out, and once Jalen went out, our team was stunned. I also don't think Temple has much of an answer for Josh down low.

This is a statement I honestly thought I'd never here. Good for us that it can be said without sarcasm.

Reaction Score
That would be a great ending, in light of all that has gone on. I don't know if we'd get in with a 17-16 record, but it would be great.

Think we do because of who we "were" and they like names in the NIT. Plus never hurts for them to hope a UConn team catches fire and gets to The Garden to buy tickets. 17-16 would be a real nice finish, I don't think it happens though.

Reaction Score
16-15 and 1-1 in the tourny to finish 17-16.
NIT could actually be a really important accomplishment & development opportunity for Hurley & these kids. Unlike other years, with it being Hurley’s first year it might turned out to be a good building stone, especially if they ever won some games in that tourney.

Reaction Score
All that means is that he gives us odds to win both but when you multiply the odds it's less than a 50% chance combined

Yes, I understand that. I was just pointing out that even though we’re favored to win each separately, winning 1 game is just slightly more likely than winning both.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
NIT could actually be a really important accomplishment & development opportunity for Hurley & these kids. Unlike other years, with it being Hurley’s first year it might turned out to be a good building stone, especially if they ever won some games in that tourney.

It's worked out really well for UCONN in a number of different years.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Decades ago the NIT was THE tournament with the NCAAs being an afterthought
I think the P5s are now trying to make the NCAAs their exclusive tournament and everyone else vies for NIT bids
Wouldn't be surprised at all if this becomes the rule

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Decades ago the NIT was THE tournament with the NCAAs being an afterthought
I think the P5s are now trying to make the NCAAs their exclusive tournament and everyone else vies for NIT bids
Wouldn't be surprised at all if this becomes the rule
My dad (70 yrs old) always talks about this but I had never heard anyone else say that.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
My dad (70 yrs old) always talks about this but I had never heard anyone else say that.

That's cause it was like 70 years ago when this was the case. Literally.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom