2-Deep Released : Lets Obsess unhealthily about it | Page 2 | The Boneyard

2-Deep Released : Lets Obsess unhealthily about it

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
It just occurred to me that Edsall gave us a two RB starting line-up with only two receivers. It will be interesting to see if we actually use this old fashioned look.

Brewton as a receiver out of the backfield? Burns as a fullback?

Last edited:

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score
My read: it is nice but tells us very little. RE has lineman move around and swing - he doesn't necessarily put the 2nd string guy at that position in. The ORs are classic RE - not giving away anything. Unless he is hurt, you will see McCarthy. Also, since it will be the first game and hot in Fresno, you will see 1st, 2nd and maybe even 3rd string guys to beat the heat and get acclamated to playing.
Also, when have we played 2 different half backs in an offense that doesn't even feature a fullback?

Adds to the intrigue- after 650 plus days - what's a few more!!

Reaction Score
I don't remember us ever doing this, always had a fullback, unless Todman and Dixon played in the same backfield??

I feel like I remember Edsall talking about doing it back then, don't remember if we ever saw it. If we did it was rare

Reaction Score
I've always liked Swenson. Been a little snake bitten with injuries but when he has played he's always been fast to close on ball carriers. Mitchell looks like a real good college LB. Fortt has always been steady if unspectacular. DJ Morgan was real solid in 19. That these 3 guys edged him out in my opinion is a positive development. Morgan will get plenty snaps still I'm sure. Hunter Webb looks the part but we've yet to see anything out of him.

The DL will be key. If they can be stout against the run AND generate some semblance of a pass rush, we could win more than 4 games.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
The Offenses you face are gonna cause the LB (and S/H/dime/nicket) to be fluid. DJ does play solid and is a presence. But I suspect - all over - you see the 210-220 athletes on the field a lot. On the other hand ... some Depth charts you see are gonna have 4 'WR listed (and 8 on Depth) and I hope we are that deep

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
It just occurred to me that Edsall gave us a two RB starting line-up with only two receivers. It will be interesting to see if we actually use this old fashioned look.

Brewton as a receiver out of the backfield? Burns as a fullback?
It wouldn’t surprise me against Fresno state

Reaction Score
The ORs are classic RE - not giving away anything. Unless he is hurt, you will see McCarthy. Also, since it will be the first game and hot in Fresno, you will see 1st, 2nd and maybe even 3rd string guys to beat the heat and get acclamated to the heat.

High of 102 on sat

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Also, not related to the two deep per se, but hearing Randy say the Darious Bush’s recovery is going week is great news. I expect him to play like a more physical Cam Ross (that’s no knock on Ross!) when up to full speed by end of the season.

Reaction Score
Also, not related to the two deep per se, but hearing Randy say the Darious Bush’s recovery is going week is great news. I expect him to play like a more physical Cam Ross (that’s no knock on Ross!) when up to full speed by end of the season.
uh oh... I'm still real excited about K Marion as a part of that WR as well... Hope we're giving opponents problems from that position all year long... and beyond....

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom