2-Deep Released : Lets Obsess unhealthily about it | The Boneyard

2-Deep Released : Lets Obsess unhealthily about it

Reaction Score
Here it is. It it going to change 1000 times before the season is over? Probably.

Still, lets not let that stop us from Boneyardin' a bit.

1629739399546.png

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
So, basically one DB, Lucien, separated himself enough to be listed as a starter.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
First offensive snap from scrimmage I want Jack Zergiotis in shotgun and Steven Krajewski in the left slot. Put Steven Krajewski in motion, snap the ball the Jack Zergiotis. Have Jack Zergiotis do a handoff to Steven Krajewski, who runs it to the right, stops and throws a pass to Jack Zergiotis over in the left flat.

Who was the starting QB? Jack Zergiotis takes a snap and does a hand off but Steven Krajewski gets the pass attempt.

Reaction Score
Fortin must be injured. Someone mentioned his leg was wrapped at the open practice. Hopefully it is not a long term injury.

Reaction Score
Jeffreys & Hairston not on the two deep at WR. That tells me Marion and Clercius must be really talented. We have depth at WR.

I'm surprised anyone is surprised by the "or" at QB. Saw that coming from a mile away.

Reaction Score
Not a surprise but as you read the two deep you realize how young we still are, particularly on offense.
True, but for almost all of the players, they have had an additional year in the program. For example, if UConn played last year and there was no COVID, Nate Carter would be a Soph or RFr. Most of the FR listed on the 2 deep should be thought of as RFr.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
True, but for almost all of the players, they have had an additional year in the program. For example, if UConn played last year and there was no COVID, Nate Carter would be a Soph or RFr. Most of the FR listed on the 2 deep should be thought of as RFr.

Yep.

Look at the line. They only lose RVD but the rest will be third or fourth year players by next season with the exception of Rochester at RT. That's a good way to build line depth.

Reaction Score
All signs were pointing to McCarthy likely seeing the field. Wonder if I was reading that wrong

Reaction Score
Nice! I knew a few writers didn't have a clue...Niedrow ski's at OG next to Van Demark with Lundt and Haynes on the other side... a bit of a surprise... Not surprised about Walker at C.. He's a bit undersized but he must be pretty decent to hold down the position through Fall camp... Nice to Rochester & Ofori-Nyadu on the 2 deep too... Lovin DL rotation.... Also a bit of a surprise is Fortt ahead of Morgan at one of the LB spots.. He and Swenson on the 1s at the same time... But he did mention he's up to 223lbs (unlike what's listed on the depth chart)...

Nice refreshing way to bring in the work week...

Reaction Score
I’m shocked about DJ
There was a lot of good stuff coming out about Ian Swenson in the spring, so it doesn't surprise me that DJ has falling to the second line. Its most likely razor close between him, Fortt, Swenson and Mitchell. I'm sure DJ will be on the field for plenty of snaps this year.

Reaction Score
All signs were pointing to McCarthy likely seeing the field. Wonder if I was reading that wrong
It's week one... don't be surprised to see him on the field in week 1 as well. Even if that doesn't happen the depth chart can change over the course of the season. So, he's gonna see time... May even end up starting before it's all said and done... Even if that doesn't happen, I believe his future is bright in Storrs CT...

Reaction Score
Fortin must be injured. Someone mentioned his leg was wrapped at the open practice. Hopefully it is not a long term injury.
Forgot him bro... He was actually a guy that probably shoulda been on the 2 deep

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom