2-Deep Released : Lets Obsess unhealthily about it | Page 3 | The Boneyard

2-Deep Released : Lets Obsess unhealthily about it

Reaction Score
First offensive snap from scrimmage I want Jack Zergiotis in shotgun and Steven Krajewski in the left slot. Put Steven Krajewski in motion, snap the ball the Jack Zergiotis. Have Jack Zergiotis do a handoff to Steven Krajewski, who runs it to the right, stops and throws a pass to Jack Zergiotis over in the left flat.

Who was the starting QB? Jack Zergiotis takes a snap and does a hand off but Steven Krajewski gets the pass attempt.
Steven Krajewski gets flattened by the DE...breaks collarbone, Jack Zergiotis gets annihilated by DB...snaps his ankle. Who is 3rd string? Thank goodness your not calling plays

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Steven Krajewski gets flattened by the DE...breaks collarbone, Jack Zergiotis gets annihilated by DB...snaps his ankle. Who is 3rd string? Thank goodness your not calling plays
More like thank goodness you're not calling plays.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Nevermind that, why will we still have the same PA guy afterwards?

Reaction Score
Here it is. It it going to change 1000 times before the season is over? Probably.

Still, lets not let that stop us from Boneyardin' a bit.

View attachment 69386
who knew?? - Heights are displayed in the four-digit format used by the NFL. The first digit represents feet, the middle two digits represent inches, and the fourth digit represents eighths of an inch. For example, a height listing of 6024 would represent six-feet, two and four-eighths inches.

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
I believe we see both qbs game day
Since they are similar quarterbacks...I don't see the purpose of this. Let the starter get in a flow. I am not saying they should never play a second QB..,they need to get some work in. But as a strategy..I don't see why you alternate two similar quarterbacks.

Reaction Score
Since they are similar quarterbacks...I don't see the purpose of this. Let the starter get in a flow. I am not saying they should never play a second QB..,they need to get some work in. But as a strategy..I don't see why you alternate two similar quarterbacks.
Agreed. But it will likely be performance based and whether or not the O is moving the ball down the field.

Reaction Score
who knew?? - Heights are displayed in the four-digit format used by the NFL. The first digit represents feet, the middle two digits represent inches, and the fourth digit represents eighths of an inch. For example, a height listing of 6024 would represent six-feet, two and four-eighths inches.
Huh. I assumed it was tenths of inches for the last digit. Probably more accurate my way. ;)

Reaction Score
I wouldn’t say the are similar from the little bit of Steven Krajewski we saw he’s faster and is more consistent

Reaction Score
Being an Steven Krajewski fan, I’m guessing you think he replaces Jack Zergiotis at some point. I’m hoping Steve gets the start and we don’t have to go there.
After the UCF game I’m even more of an Steven Krajewski fan. He showed how tough he is by playing most of the game with a broken collarbone. And just a few plays later, he got rocked in the head and his helmet flew off. It was a nasty hit and the UCF player got ejected for targeting. That toughness, character and leadership he displayed is exactly what this team needs.

For whatever reason, it appears Steven Krajewski is still in Edsall’s dog house and may never come out. I hope I’m wrong because I think Steven Krajewski is the real deal. If Jack starts I wish him the best of luck and hope he pulls off the win in Fresno. Go Huskies!

Reaction Score
After the UCF game I’m even more of an Steven Krajewski fan. He showed how tough he is by playing most of the game with a broken collarbone. And just a few plays later, he got rocked in the head and his helmet flew off. It was a nasty hit and the UCF player got ejected for targeting. That toughness, character and leadership he displayed is exactly what this team needs.

For whatever reason, it appears Steven Krajewski is still in Edsall’s dog house and may never come out. I hope I’m wrong because I think Steven Krajewski is the real deal. If Jack starts I wish him the best of luck and hope he pulls off the win in Fresno. Go Huskies!
Not sure at this level coaches play favorites. There has to be something to say about how these kids practice and which direction a coach decides to go. I love all of our Huskies. Although some continue to reference the UCF game and believe that’s the reason Steven Krajewski should be starting or won our hearts, we should take a more practical approach. The amount of practices and reps that these coaches have seen totally usurp the one game where Steven Krajewski came in and did a heck of a job- which in fact he did.

With all due respect, it was one game- one half. I like to think that the coaches put the best 22 on the field and line up the next 22 behind. If Jack Zergiotis or any QB fails to get the job done then next man up comes into play. Whomever the starter is or the backup, just be ready when your number is called and do the best you can for the team.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
Some good stuff from @JohnFSilver UConn Daily email (Quality stuff btw)

Left tackle Ryan Van Demark also addressed the situation: "Jack, he's a great communicator. He really grabs the offense by the horns and puts everybody in their place. He's a natural leader," Van Demark said. "Steve is the same way. Steve is very vocal on the field. He's always making checks and corrections, and that's just really what a quarterback needs to do. A quarterback needs to go out there and control the offense, take what the defense gives them and then make their checks from there."

It sounds like Jack Zergiotis goes out there and is a gun slinger. Good leader but is similar to what we saw when he started two years ago. Hopefully he can cut down on the turnovers. Sounds like Steven Krajewski can read the defense better which is what we need from our QB.

In the end, I trust, well I need to believe I trust, that RE will put the best QB on the field. I just hope that whoever he starts, he sticks with for a few games so that QB can get a chance to actually settle in and not be afraid to get yanked at their first few mistakes.

Reaction Score
I don't know how it's not Jack Zergiotis as the starter. If it was Steven Krajewski, Randy would have listed him as the back up holder or at the very least, dropped an "or" in for holding.

Yes, I understand, Steven Krajewski probably is the best holder on the team. And yes, I understand how it looks having the ability of a QB as a holder for running trick plays. But you don't put your starting QB at holder, there is too much added risk.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Some good stuff from @JohnFSilver UConn Daily email (Quality stuff btw)

It sounds like Jack Zergiotis goes out there and is a gun slinger. Good leader but is similar to what we saw when he started two years ago. Hopefully he can cut down on the turnovers. Sounds like Steven Krajewski can read the defense better which is what we need from our QB.

In the end, I trust, well I need to believe I trust, that RE will put the best QB on the field. I just hope that whoever he starts, he sticks with for a few games so that QB can get a chance to actually settle in and not be afraid to get yanked at their first few mistakes.

Right on both QB's tendencies.

Jack Zergiotis is a risk taker and Steven Krajewski is risk averse.

Steven Krajewski would often hesitate just that extra half second to make sure someone was opened but by the time he pulled the trigger the receiver was covered.

Since this whole threads premise is to overanalyze the depth chart, maybe Steven Krajewski's tendency to hold on too long is what RE was talking about going out and executing the play called from the staff. For Jack Zergiotis, it's to not improvise unless it is absolutely necessary. the play on the run should be Jack Zergiotis's last thought, not his first thought.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
More like thank goodness you're not calling plays.
No disputes there

Just to finish the joke.......it was nothing more than a grammar joke.

1629896129153.png

Reaction Score
it's like some of you missed HCRE 1.0

Edsall is a very traditional mindset when it comes to QB. He rarely played games with the depth nor wildly tried changes during games. His camp this summer was like most every other camp previous. I think he goes with Jack Zergiotis - for basically his command of a huddle - and thats all of the Fresno game

UCFBfan

Reaction Score

Edsall is a very traditional mindset when it comes to QB. He rarely played games with the depth nor wildly tried changes during games. His camp this summer was like most every other camp previous. I think he goes with Jack Zergiotis - for basically his command of a huddle - and thats all of the Fresno game
I'm not saying he's switching QBs mid game....he's not that kind of coach....I'm saying that I hope that if Jack Zergiotis or Steven Krajewski struggle in the first game, that he doesn't instantly go with the other QB in game two. He's gotta let them take their lumps and get better. That's my hope.

UCFBfan

Reaction Score
Right on both QB's tendencies.

Jack Zergiotis is a risk taker and Steven Krajewski is risk averse.

Steven Krajewski would often hesitate just that extra half second to make sure someone was opened but by the time he pulled the trigger the receiver was covered.

Since this whole threads premise is to overanalyze the depth chart, maybe Steven Krajewski's tendency to hold on too long is what RE was talking about going out and executing the play called from the staff. For Jack Zergiotis, it's to not improvise unless it is absolutely necessary. the play on the run should be Jack Zergiotis's last thought, not his first thought.
I think if Jack Zergiotis can cut down on the turnovers and not make costly ones, he's the starter for the season. It really seems like he has the position wrapped up and I can't give a reason why other than it looks that way from the clips they keep releasing and him being shown in a lot of them in the game action.

His mentality as a QB of just going out and slinging it around the field is great, but if he can't cut down on the turnovers, it isn't happening....

Reaction Score

The thing about life is when you try new things you learn new things... I say that to say this. I believe Edsall has learned a few tricks during his time away from Storrs. That even means sticking to his basic philosophies; however, at the same time, learning to twist a few nuts and bolts here and there, making minor adjustments. It ain't late 90s thru 2010 anymore.. New decade, updated philosophy... I see him working with a few available QBs instead of sticking with just one going fwd. Sure he's got a guy in mind (IMO, it's Jack Zergiotis), but if that guy goes down, he's got another to depend on (unlike in years past during the Edsall 1.0 era).. Iron sharpens Iron at QB for us (finally)... I believe in the talent we have at the position. and I believe we'll be finer than most think/believe (writers, some posters here, social media college football sports world)... Time to "Shock the World"..... (mic drop).

Reaction Score
We seem to have solved most of UConn's roster questions by now ... except one. With a travel roster limit of 70, will there be any surprises about who gets left home?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom