1st Team vs 2nd Team | Page 5 | The Boneyard

1st Team vs 2nd Team

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
Watching that highlight reel blows me away. Tarris looks like a man among boys. He looks like he was the biggest center in the conference after Edey. I don’t know if that’s true but no one could stop him. He got to wherever he wanted whenever he wanted. He moves people, nobody moved him. He has footwork like Adama with greater size and strength. The potential is ridiculous. With the quality of his teammates and our coaching staff Michigan fans aren’t going to recognize him by March. As far as him vs Samson, Tarris can do what Samson can but not vice versa.
Whole heartedly agree. Just has to pick up the plays. I like the analogy of a bigger Adama and in addition he can drive to the hoop.
Can't wait until our staff gets a hold of him and the Big East is introduced to him.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I wish some handy tricks of posting would be pinned to the top of the board so everyone would have quick access to stuff like this. Could include this trick, how to post articles without a paywall, how to embed videos, etc. I'd write it if Tom agreed to pin it and keep it up top here.
@temery

CL82

Reaction Score

Happy Adam Scott GIF by Sky

I appreciate the prompt to response.

temery

What?
Reaction Score

Anyone who subscribes to a site agrees to their terms. Any thought that I should pin a post helping anyone violate those terms, is insane.

As to the x thing. Musk doesn't want twitter content embedded. His site, his rules.

Xenforo will likely resolve x.com to twitter.com in its next update, but that will only work as long as Musk allows.

Last edited:

CL82

Reaction Score
Anyone who subscribes to a site agrees to their terms. Any thought that I should pin a post helping anyone violate those terms, is insane.

As to the x thing. Musk doesn't want twitter content embedded. His site, his rules.

Xenforo will likely resolve x.com to twitter.com in its next update, but that will only work as long as Musk allows.
I'm not surprised that there is a good reason for not doing it since I always think of you as a fan/poster first and in administrator second. If it made sense and made the site better, you do it. Thus your "no" was a good enough answer for me.

Reaction Score

Are you responding to embedding tweets or links to articles taking out the paywalls?

Serious question. Where are the "terms" of this site? I tried looking above but don't see anything. When I joined this site in 2011 paywalls for newspapers were not a thing yet.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Are you responding to embedding tweets or links to articles taking out the paywalls?

Serious question. Where are the "terms" of this site? I tried looking above but don't see anything. When I joined this site in 2011 paywalls for newspapers were not a thing yet.
Your original post about bypassing paywalls

temery

What?
Reaction Score

I will not pin a post describing how to get around a paywall.

Reaction Score
They are @ the bottom of each page in the blue footer.
Got it. Thanks. I was looking up top.

You agree to not use the Service to submit or link to any Content which is defamatory, abusive, threatening, spam or spam-like, contains adult or objectionable content NSFW (not suitable for work), contains personal information of others, risks copyright infringement, encourages unlawful activity, including gambling, or otherwise violates any laws.

Yup, we never do that on here. Lol

Reaction Score

?

Posting tweets

Reaction Score
15-20 mpg from Samson, where he makes a jump this summer with his court awareness, rebounding and discipline will be enough. I have no clue how Reed will translate (optimistic) , but I love the way the staff utilized samson as a switchable lob threat. You see it in the nba a lot of with centers who can't play extended minutes because of flaws but bring a unique skillset like vertical spacing and rim running off the bench and are impactful.

I'm really excited because reed and johnson have such contrasting styles, both will be very playable with different skillsets within flow of the game. Not counting out a possible LEAP from samson too , I mean last year was his first year getting real tick.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
The Reed fanatics need to watch some full games, not just highlights. Samsons highlights make him look like a lottery pick. There's a bunch on Youtube if people genuinely want to understand the level of player he was.

It's obvious why we took him in(potential, size, cultural fit), but comparisons to Sanogo are insulting at this moment. They aren't in the same stratosphere as of Reeds last season.

Mahaney and Diarra are starting game 1. We need their ball handling at the 1 and 2 spots. I think the fight is between Solo/Stewart/McNeeley at the 3.

Gonna be fun to see who wins the 9th rotation spot between Nowell/Ross/Abraham.

Reaction Score
The Reed fanatics need to watch some full games, not just highlights. Samsons highlights make him look like a lottery pick. There's a bunch on Youtube if people genuinely want to understand the level of player he was.

It's obvious why we took him in(potential, size, cultural fit), but comparisons to Sanogo are insulting at this moment. They aren't in the same stratosphere as of Reeds last season.

Mahaney and Diarra are starting game 1. We need their ball handling at the 1 and 2 spots. I think the fight is between Solo/Stewart/McNeeley at the 3.

I'd be surprised if Diarra starts for the same reason I'd be surprised if Samson starts. I think both of their skill sets are best utilized in spurts off the bench. And in Diarra's case I think Hurley also knows that based on his comments this off-season

Reaction Score

Mahaney is going to be our Newton. Mahaney, Ball, McNeeley, AK, Reed.

Reaction Score

Gotta love penciling in 3 guys you have seen play zero times.

Edit: Diarra is starting too. He’s our best defender by a mile. Also a 2-time champion for those who forgot already.

Reaction Score

Edit: Diarra is starting too. He’s our best defender by a mile. Also a 2-time champion for those who forgot already.
Plenty of opportunities to have seen Mahaney and Reed play, especially Mahaney since he's been on a good team the past 2 years. The BY underrating Mahaney just like they did Spencer last year because they couldn't be bothered to watch other teams play.

Reaction Score
Plenty of opportunities to have seen Mahaney and Reed play, especially Mahaney since he's been on a good team the past 2 years. The BY underrating Mahaney just like they did Spencer last year because they couldn't be bothered to watch other teams play.

Nobody here watched Reed. Michigan was awful.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
I'd be surprised if Diarra starts for the same reason I'd be surprised if Samson starts. I think both of their skill sets are best utilized in spurts off the bench. And in Diarra's case I think Hurley also knows that based on his comments this off-season
I'd be surprised if that's the role they see him in. He's more Cam than Newton imo. And those guys need a table setter.

Reaction Score
Not to hijack this thread any further, but I don't think Musk has an issue embedding tweets. I'm not an expert on this but the issue seems to be that the code written for XenForo just hasn't caught up with the new X site, which was formerly Twitter. As you mentioned that should be fixed in the new edition of XenForo.

O.K. back to the original topic of this thread......

Reaction Score

I've watched every player on the team play a lot outside of Singare, I watch a ridiculous amount of basketball.

I didn't have to watch Steph Castle or Cam Spencer play at UConn before I knew they would start right away.

Reaction Score
I've watched every player on the team play a lot outside of Singare, I watch a ridiculous amount of basketball.

I didn't have to watch Steph Castle or Cam Spencer play at UConn before I knew they would start right away.

What Michigan games did you watch?

Reaction Score
Samson has demonstrated absolutely zero so far to auto warrant top 5 team starter minutes. He was dreadful in key stretches this year, rebounding rate was abysmal, foul rate was crazy, has no offensive game other than dunking. The dunking was a product of amazing guards and system. In many of the games where we blew teams out, his +\- was in the red. He gets pushed around a ton, has a high center of gravity on a slight frame. Yes he has flashes, and eye catching moments with the dunks, and is great in transition. Don’t overvalue the highlight play dunks, they’re worth 2 points like all other baskets not 3s. Many of the loyalists want to pay it back to him, but if you take him on pure skills he’s an average starting 5 at best. It was often a massive downgrade when he was in and only buying time till Clingan got his rest.

I’m pulling for the kid as much as anyone and hope he makes a leap, but based on what I’ve seen I’m cautious to think it’s going to happen. I’ll eat crow if it does, happily.

Reed if nothing else is a much bigger and stronger kid, with nice touch. I see much higher upside with him. Danny will figure it out.

After reading that I’d push back on the idea that you’re pulling for the kid “as much as anyone.”

That rivals “hope I’m wrong” as the most worthless qualification on this board - something you just throw in so you don’t come across as a total idckhead dumping on a kid.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom