Reaction Score
plum, KLS, Aja
Who get the last 2 slots?
Alexis jones /Nina Davis?
Who else?

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
Just curious: why discuss the AP first team and not the WBCA squad? AP is VERY exclusive.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I'm thinking that the actual AAs will differ a lot from the pre-season AAs. Several highly regarded players have had off-seasons by their prior standards. And a few players have taken big steps up.

It depends on whether we are talking a 5-player team (like AP) or a 10-player team (like WBCA). I think Plum is a lock, and Lou is approaching that. I don't see Nina Davis making it this year, but Alexis Jones is a possibility. A'ja Wilson helped herself tonight, but I'm not sure she's top 5. I have reservations about Kelsey Mitchell and Brianna Turner. On a 10-player team, I think Peterson from Syracuse and Flaherty, the scorer at Michigan, are worthy of consideration.

Reaction Score
I think there are 10 players named correct?

Pheese deserves it as much as anyone else.
Gabby is definitely a top ten player.
Lindsey Allen
Brionna Jones is just big but effective.
B. Turner is improving and will get the nod although I think she is a bit overrated.

Not sure who else has been playing consistently great around the country.

Reaction Score
There are several All-American sources: WBCA, ESPN, AP, etc. Since the Boneyard has more knowledgeable contributors and a more discerning perspective than the shills who choose those other teams, why don't the board admins appoint a committee of regulars and choose a Boneyard All-American team. There would of course be no restriction about having only three chosen from one school.

Seriously, I bet a lot of current players at other schools read our stuff and their stars would get a kick out of being selected. "Well the AP dissed me but at least I made second team on the Boneyard."

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Its gonna be interesting to see who ends up as their conference's player of the Year. Plum is a lock in the Pac 12...... Maybe Wilson in the SEC.... guess it will be between Mitchell and Jones in the Big 10. Not sure about the Big 12. The ACC is a total crapshoot at this point.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
There are several All-American sources: WBCA, ESPN, AP, etc. Since the Boneyard has more knowledgeable contributors and a more discerning perspective than the shills who choose those other teams, why don't the board admins appoint a committee of regulars and choose a Boneyard All-American team. There would of course be no restriction about having only three chosen from one school.

Seriously, I bet a lot of current players at other schools read our stuff and their stars would get a kick out of being selected. "Well the AP dissed me but at least I made second team on the Boneyard.
"

Hmmmmmm... if that's the case. Lexie Brown gets my vote for All-American :cool:;):):p:D:p:cool:;):)

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
I'm ok with Alexis Jones but that's it from Baylor?? Nina Davis hasn't done that much this season. Mulkey traded her in for some Red Woods! She is happy in their system as a role player but that's exactly what she is this season. A role player!

Reaction Score
Just curious: why discuss the AP first team and not the WBCA squad? AP is VERY exclusive.

For decades first team was 5 players. This move to 10 always seemed like grade inflation to me. I like the traditional 5 player teams. If you want to discuss 10, then that's the 2nd team.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Debbie Antonelli on her Mid Season 5 player All American team are Alaina Coates, A'ja Wilson, Kelsey Mitchell, Kelsey Plum and Katie Lou Samuelson. She tweeted this information.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
For decades first team was 5 players. This move to 10 always seemed like grade inflation to me. I like the traditional 5 player teams. If you want to discuss 10, then that's the 2nd team.
But the Huskies Wall of Honor is based on 10-player teams for some players, including Morgan.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Debbie Antonelli on her Mid Season 5 player All American team are Alaina Coates, A'ja Wilson, Kelsey Mitchell, Kelsey Plum and Katie Lou Samuelson. She tweeted this information.
I'm not sure I see Coates AND Wilson. If they were undefeated and routing everyone, then maybe. I think both may be top-10, but not top-5.

I was undecided between Pheesa and Lou, but Lou's scoring and all-around game have moved her to near the top of the list.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
I do not understand the Coates love affair. Her scoring is limited to within 5 feet of the basket. She gets all her points and rebounds by being bigger and stronger than the competition. Aja Wilson is far better with real offensive and defensive skills and a real 1st team AA

Reaction Score
Totally agree. "This move" was a UConn move - to basically recognize second team AA's on the HOH. I think it dilutes the real value/meaning of being a HOH. Staying with true "first team" AA would probably have eliminated Tuck, Hartley and others. They were great Huskies and I love them, but they weren't on the same level as Sales, Bird, Cash, Ralph, Abrosimova and some other clear first team AA "non-Rushmore" HOH's. JMO

Reaction Score
The RSHERMVIKES AA team is: (players must play both sides of the ball, not just offense!)
KL Samuelson F/G UCONN
Npheesa Collier F UCONN
Gabby Willams F/G UCONN
Kelsey Plum G UWashington
Kia Nurse G UCONN
A'ja Wilson F SoCar
Alaina Coates C SoCar
Alexis Jones G Baylor
Brionna Jones C MD
Leticia Romero G FSU

BEST OVERALL ATHLETES IN WCBB: Take your breath away athletic ability
Gabby Williams SF/G UCONN
Nina Davis SF Baylor
Shakayla Thomas SF FSU
Anriel Howard SF TX A&M
Breanna Lewis C KSU

Reaction Score

You've got to be kidding?

The enigma that is Debbie Antonelli.

She speaks years ago of how she sees the future of wcbb in which 5 players can handle the ball and attack the basket.
She speaks of UCONN in extremely high praise how they do everything better than anyone else.
Yet she predicts arguably the greatest wcbb of all time last year would lost to South Florida?
The type of team she spoke if handle and attack is exactly what this team is. And she praised UCONN a ton recently stating definitely UOCNN is #1. Yet she puts two USC players and not two UCONN players? huh?? It's not a big deal. But for those that don't understand sometimes why there is questions about Antonelli - she continues imo to confound. You can choose to ignore it bury your head in the sand -- but coco also brought up some oddities too. She's an enigma.

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
I do not understand the Coates love affair. Her scoring is limited to within 5 feet of the basket. She gets all her points and rebounds by being bigger and stronger than the competition. Aja Wilson is far better with real offensive and defensive skills and a real 1st team AA

That's just it. She's a rare specimen. Great hands, runs the floor well and dominant inside. It's rare that she's outmuscled inside (even by bigger players) and when she is going against a bigger player she usually beats them to the rebound by getting off her feet quicker. Coates is a true center in an era where every 6'4/6'5 girl wants to play like a stretch-4.. she's a unicorn because she doesn't try to be anything she's not, instead she's just really really good and better than just about everybody else at what's required of her.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
plum, KLS, Aja
Who get the last 2 slots?
Alexis jones /Nina Davis?
Who else?

Plum
KLS
Collier
Wilson
A. Jones

Not sure how anyone can justify leaving Collier off 1st team. 19 points, 8 boards, 66% FG, 42% 3pt, 2 assists, 2 steals and 1.5 blocks with a 1.44 A/TO ratio for the #1 undefeated team.

For comparison, Stewart, last year's consensus NPOY, averaged: 19.4 points, 8.7 rebounds, 58% Fg, 42.5% 3pt, 4 assists, 2 steals, and 3.5 blocks with 2.5/1 A/TO for the #1 undefeated team.

Collier is also putting up those numbers against the meatiest part of the schedule. In conference play she is 50-67 from the floor, good for 74.6%. KLS is outshining her at this point, but Collier is statistically putting together one of the most remarkable sophomore seasons in UCONN history.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macklin

Top Bottom