1st recruit Hurley calls? | Page 3 | The Boneyard

1st recruit Hurley calls?

Reaction Score
I think Diarra definitely gets the nod early on

I love the improvement from Diarra as well as SJ. But they are both more impactful coming off the bench no doubt. Do not start them please!

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
It's pick and choose time now. Everyone will be in the portal now, the real guys will declare now. Hurley and Co. will pick the guys who fit .
I hate hearing that. You still have to recruit. The last guy though all he had to do was pick and choose.

Reaction Score
We’re not ‘homegrown’.
We’re a RKG program. And if you’re not RKG, you’re not a fit.

Newton, Spencer, and Diarra are Huskies, just as much as Clingan, Karaban, and Castle.

Abuse the portal please! Just keep it mostly a one way track.

This is exactly right. Hurley wants to build a core of players then add portal and high end freshmen pieces. He has said this on numerous occasions.

Reaction Score
Winning back to back championships should entice more 5 star interest and top portal players. UConn has shown these past two years that a mix of the two is a winning formula. Time will tell.

Reaction Score
Did I see that AJ Storr is in the portal again? I'd take him for sure.
If the story is true that he wanted $1 million, I say "no way and no thanks". I am all about players getting paid but with him the juice ain't worth the squeeze.

Reaction Score
Winning back to back championships should entice more 5 star interest and top portal players. UConn has shown these past two years that a mix of the two is a winning formula. Time will tell.
This is what I thought in 2014. Never happened, and to this day I question why. And I know the penalties, academic thing, negative press and all.

Reaction Score
This is what I thought in 2014. Never happened, and to this day I question why. And I know the penalties, academic thing, negative press and all.
Ollie had a top 5 recruiting class right after the title. It was the Vance Jackson, Durham class. Just turned out he wasn’t a very good coach.

BrysonDeMan

Hits Bombs
Reaction Score
Ollie giving up

Reaction Score
Ollie had a top 5 recruiting class right after the title. It was the Vance Jackson, Durham class. Just turned out he wasn’t a very good coach.
Jalen, Enoch, Larrier, and transfer Shonn Miller? I don’t remember any of them reaching star level, Vance was 16-17 transferred, was ok, but in those guys you’re saying it’s all his fault? He brought the previous team to a title. Those class ratings are often wrong and that one was.

Reaction Score
In the past two years 3/8 of our rotation players come tourney time were transfers. So we should expect 2 more.

Big and a wing.

Surprised you said wing, was thinking more of a 2 guard with just 3 guards on the roster next year?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom