1st recruit Hurley calls? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

1st recruit Hurley calls?

Reaction Score
maybe i'm in the minority but I dont want to abuse the portal like the Steinbrenner Yankees abused free agency. I'd like to use the portal to get a top 3 big, and then maybe another heady Spencer-ish mid-major player. Part of our allure is our home grown talent, learned culture with strategic portal usage.

All that being said a McNeely commit would make this alot easier. He has the high BBIQ that we need

Reaction Score
Ballo, Cliff, the kid from Yale would fill the C spot perfectly.

McNeely is ideal, then a portal wing and a portal guard.

Lock it in.

Reaction Score
Can someone list our ideal replacements for Newton, Cam, and Clingan?

Reaction Score
even if we get our dream pair of McNeeley and Ballo i think we'll go back to being a defense-first team next year.

if our starting lineup is Diarra/McNeeley/Stew/Karaban/Ballo then we have:
1 good ballhandler in Diarra?
2 good shooters in McNeeley and AK?
2 good passers in Diarra and AK?

we would, however, be a giant team with only 1 starter under 6'8.

Reaction Score
maybe i'm in the minority but I dont want to abuse the portal like the Steinbrenner Yankees abused free agency.
And what did that get them ? Nothing. They won 4 championships with primarily home grown guys - Jeter, Bernie Williams, Rivera, Pettitte, Posada, and then they suplemented with trades, like Roberto Kelly for O'Neill, and Tino Martinez for Sterling Hitchcock. The only real free agents of note were David Wells and Mike Mussina.

Reaction Score
Is McNeeley a one and done? If so, wouldn’t we be better off with a transfer, given we’ll be pretty young next year?

Reaction Score
And what did that get them ? Nothing. They won 4 championships with primarily home grown guys - Jeter, Bernie Williams, Rivera, Pettitte, Posada, and then they suplemented with trades, like Roberto Kelly for O'Neill, and Tino Martinez for Sterling Hitchcock. The only real free agents of note were David Wells and Mike Mussina.
Good point- I was more thinking of the pre Joe Torre/Stick Michael era w/ Winfield, Whitson, Steve Kemp etc in early 80s before George took back seat

Reaction Score
even if we get our dream pair of McNeeley and Ballo i think we'll go back to being a defense-first team next year.

if our starting lineup is Diarra/McNeeley/Stew/Karaban/Ballo then we have:
1 good ballhandler in Diarra?
2 good shooters in McNeeley and AK?
2 good passers in Diarra and AK?

we would, however, be a giant team with only 1 starter under 6'8.
Nowell can shoot the crap out of the ball. And don’t sleep on another summer of development for Stewart and Ball. They’re going to be dynamite shooters too

Reaction Score
Current members of his team. Solo being #1 priority
His body language has been bad. Even when cutting the nets.
My wife has said the last month or so he just takes shots anytime he has the ball when in during garbage time.

I don’t think he is happy nor over riding the pine after starting but once Castle was back he was shelved.

I truly hope Dan retains him

Reaction Score
Nowell can shoot the crap out of the ball. And don’t sleep on another summer of development for Stewart and Ball. They’re going to be dynamite shooters too
i really like Nowell, Ball, and Samson off the bench, i was just talkin about the starters

Reaction Score
maybe i'm in the minority but I dont want to abuse the portal like the Steinbrenner Yankees abused free agency. I'd like to use the portal to get a top 3 big, and then maybe another heady Spencer-ish mid-major player. Part of our allure is our home grown talent, learned culture with strategic portal usage.

All that being said a McNeely commit would make this alot easier. He has the high BBIQ that we need
We’re not ‘homegrown’.
We’re a RKG program. And if you’re not RKG, you’re not a fit.

Newton, Spencer, and Diarra are Huskies, just as much as Clingan, Karaban, and Castle.

Abuse the portal please! Just keep it mostly a one way track.

Reaction Score
My wife has said the last month or so he just takes shots anytime he has the ball when in during garbage time.

I don’t think he is happy nor over riding the pine after starting but once Castle was back he was shelved.

I don’t want ball or anyone to leave, but if he can’t see the benefit in staying the course and developing in the program than someone who does appreciate it will come along.
That being said I am not worried about ball leaving….i think Hurley will retain him

Reaction Score

Ball has been playing like someone that has decided to move on. Not saying he is; that’s just the vibe he is showing. When he does get into the game, he is shooting the ball 90% of the time. It could be Hurley wanting him to gain some confidence and telling him to shoot. It could be another Scotty Haralson situation. Ball seems like a really good kid but I am sure he has some frustration going from a starter to only playing in non-meaningful situations.

I’m guessing Hurley will really need to sell him on staying, just like he did with Samson this year.

Reaction Score
Is McNeeley a one and done? If so, wouldn’t we be better off with a transfer, given we’ll be pretty young next year?
If McNeeley is a one-and-done it is because he had a great year knocking down 3s. I can live with that and the rest he brings (he is a scorer as well as a shooter).

Reaction Score
We'll have a 5th year PG in Diarra, 4th year center in Samson (and/or veteran center transfer), old junior in Karaban (maybe), and then a few sophomores. I think it's fine. We should pair him with another senior wing though if Karaban leaves.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom