#19/#23 UConn @ Memphis@ FedEx Park (Fri. 5/4@7:30p EST, Sat.5/5@6:40 EST & Sun. 5/6@2p EST) Updated | Page 10 | The Boneyard

#19/#23 UConn @ Memphis@ FedEx Park (Fri. 5/4@7:30p EST, Sat.5/5@6:40 EST & Sun. 5/6@2p EST) Updated

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
That nightcap game in Houston got very ugly in the extra innings. The fans were making disparaging remarks about the HP ump's family heritage.

uconnbaseball

Hey there
Reaction Score
That nightcap game in Houston got very ugly in the extra innings. The fans were making disparaging remarks about the HP ump's family heritage.

Oh Houston...a minority of their fans are brutal to deal with.

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
Oh Houston...a minority of their fans are brutal to deal with.

Yes, there were numerous ball/strike calls they were in wild eyed disagreement with.

Reaction Score
Coach Penders very effusive with praise for Jeff Kersten, saying he does everything for the team, performing in any role, and also doing things like moving tarps. The one thing Penders did not mention was his snowman making capabilities when J.O. Christian Field had a layer of snow on it.

Penders also spent time talking about Troy Stefanski and his defensive plays in CF last night as well. He also has talked recently about Anthony Prato's excellent defense at shortstop. We have all spent some time on the improvement in the offense for this season, but with the Moriarty at 3B and with the addition of Woodworth at 2B, the infield defense has become one of the strengths of this team. Being college baseball, I am never surprised at the occasional defensive hiccup or worse that is common at this level of baseball, but the defensive unit of Winkel, Woodworth, Prato, and Moriarty has been a very settling influence for this team, a definite plus that the pitching staff must quite enjoy.

Reaction Score
That is not right... Houston is 13-7 and UCF is 11-9
Roger - AAC needs to correct their site...

Corrected standings heading into day's games:

standings.png

Reaction Score
Several years ago, you voiced sentiments in favor of looking for a new HC — I remember having to pore through the records of recently fired high-major coaches in order to provide a numerical basis for how insane that was. If anything, you get off quite easy here. This weekend is the only time in my four years here I’ve seen anyone other than myself point out how the overwhelming negativity of your commentary has less and less to do with the team’s actual performance.

By all means, continue to treat a mistimed steal of third or a refusal to insert a little-used reliever into the game as fatal flaws. You are not entitled to do so without criticism from any who disagree. This is not your safe space.
And as I stated earlier this year. I realize we aren't getting anyone better. He is UConn, he recruits well. Doesn't mean I can't disagree with his coaching philosophy without someone like you having to take a dig at me. Difference between you and me is that you personally attach people on this board because you disagree with them. I have never done that and I won't. I have others on here who happen to agree with me as well. It's okay, that's what this board is for. You are the only one who makes it personal. I'm done now with you. I do read the other boards and see that you have your share of enemies.

Reaction Score
By all means, continue to treat a mistimed steal of third or a refusal to insert a little-used reliever into the game as fatal flaws. You are not entitled to do so without criticism from any who disagree. This is not your safe space.[/QUOTE]
This is a board for analyzing the game. They are flaws and if you understand the game of baseball and you are teaching, you correct these flaws. There are times in games where the pitcher is not getting you out and the fielding is terrible, you don't have to be aggressive on the bases and give the other team outs. If a pitcher comes in and throws 7 straight balls, you don't swing 3-0. These are the things I call out. I get he is aggressive, but there are times you need to be smart. If you don't like that I'm passionate about the team then just don't comment. No need to attack me and say that if the baseball team makes me sad why do I watch?. I went to UConn, I have probably been to more games in the last 5 years than you and I live in Georgia, can you same the same?

uconnbaseball

Hey there
Reaction Score
I went to UConn, I have probably been to more games in the last 5 years than you and I live in Georgia, can you same the same?

Did you go to the GT game this year? That was a wild one!

Reaction Score
Gardner picks off a runner who is ruled caught steeling to end the 1st inning. No score. Last I checked the numbers of UConn runners picked off was very close to the number of opponents picked off. It was off by one or two, but it was a similar number.

Edit: Before this game 8 UConn runners picked off, 10 opponents picked off.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Bottom 2nd, Gardner sets them down in order with 2 strikeouts. 20 pitches for Gardner, so looking good there.

Reaction Score
Out of town scoreboard

T9 UC 5-1 @ WSU
B4 ECU 5-1 @ Tulane
B1 UCF 1-0 @ UH

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members