#18 UConn v. Houston (*Dbl Header* on Fri. 5/11 @3p & 7p @Dunkin Donut Park & Sun. 5/13 @11a @J.O.C) | Page 8 | The Boneyard

#18 UConn v. Houston (*Dbl Header* on Fri. 5/11 @3p & 7p @Dunkin Donut Park & Sun. 5/13 @11a @J.O.C)

Reaction Score
Obviously winning 2 out of 3 would have been great but avoiding the sweep is nice. Shouldn't be too big of a hit to our RPI

Reaction Score
We are 5 feet away from Prato putting that foul in fair territory down the line from taking 2 out of 3. Being without the ace for this long and still be in this thing all being considered is incredible.

As the weeks pass worried we might not see cate again this year in a true starters role...

Reaction Score
We are 5 feet away from Prato putting that foul in fair territory down the line from taking 2 out of 3. Being without the ace for this long and still be in this thing all being considered is incredible.

As the weeks pass worried we might not see cate again this year in a true starters role...
I tend to agree, if Cate comes back I would bet it would be in a bullpen role

Reaction Score
... As the weeks pass worried we might not see cate again this year in a true starters role...

I tend to agree, if Cate comes back I would bet it would be in a bullpen role

Chris Jones basically said as much during the radio broadcast (bridge to Wallace and Poulin to start with).

Reaction Score
One weekend to go and UConn can finish anywhere from 2-6 in the AAC standings. UConn controls destiny to finish 3.

Reaction Score
AAC Standings after this weekend:

AAC Standings.png

Next weekend's matchups:
ECU @ UConn
USF @ Cincy
Tulane @UCF
Wichita @Memphis
Houston Conference Schedule done (plays 2 games vs SELA)

Reaction Score
I was looking @ just conference matchups... edit must have crossed.

I was about to post Houston's schedule for the upcoming week since they are done with the AAC regular season. Saw the post with their games against SELA, so I just added in the Rice game.

uconnbaseball

Hey there
Reaction Score
Houston's RPI is still hovering around 50; they really need a 3-1 week.

They remind me of us last year; lots of talent and strong starting pitching, but too many RPI killing losses (Holy Cross, Rice, etc).

Reaction Score
Houston's RPI is still hovering around 50; they really need a 3-1 week.

They remind me of us last year; lots of talent and strong starting pitching, but too many RPI killing losses (Holy Cross, Rice, etc).

Houston only has three games scheduled this week, so they can't go 3-1.

Interesting comparison with last year's UConn team, but there is one big difference. At worst, Houston is going to finish in a tie for 1st in the regular season. Considering the strength of the AAC this season, that could get them an at large bid despite an RPI in the 50's.

Reaction Score

Interesting comparison with last year's UConn team, but there is one big difference. At worst, Houston is going to finish in a tie for 1st in the regular season. Considering the strength of the AAC this season, that could get them an at large bid despite an RPI in the 50's.

Baseball America thinks they are all set:

>>“Week in a sentence: The Cougars on Friday swept a doubleheader to clinch at least a share of the American Athletic Conference regular season title and once and for all lift themselves off the NCAA Tournament bubble.<<

uconnbaseball

Hey there
Reaction Score

Ah my bad with the three games.

I agree that their high standing in the AAC has them in good shape. They do need to be careful this week, though: we know how good Southeastern is!

uconnbaseball

Hey there
Reaction Score
UH outfielders do not appear to have rocket arms...our aggressive baserunning paid off yesterday for sure.

Reaction Score
Mike Anthony: UConn Baseball Restores Calm To Season With 'Exhale Win'

>>“It’s an exhale win,” Penders said. “There are certain wins that you look back on over the course of a season and say, ‘That was a big exhale win.’ We needed that one badly, and we got it.”<<

Good update on Cate in article as well.

So the Courant sent two reporters to Storrs to cover the baseball game. The paper used to cover the occasional game in Storrs, but since the opening of the stadium in Hartford, certainly not as often. What game coverage the Courant has given the team has tended to coincide with UConn games played in Hartford.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom