#18 UConn v. Houston (*Dbl Header* on Fri. 5/11 @3p & 7p @Dunkin Donut Park & Sun. 5/13 @11a @J.O.C) | The Boneyard

#18 UConn v. Houston (*Dbl Header* on Fri. 5/11 @3p & 7p @Dunkin Donut Park & Sun. 5/13 @11a @J.O.C)

Reaction Score
Huskies In Hartford: Anthony Prato Has His Mind On The Game for UConn

>>“It’s the biggest series of the year,” Prato said. “We’re going to be playing in front of all those fans, and I can’t wait. It’s amazing. Just the fans getting into it, being behind us - something we don’t usually have - so we all feed off it. … I’m sure they love coming to watch us play, we have to back it up.”<<

>>UConn is tied with East Carolina and South Florida at 11-7 in AAC play. Houston (14-7) has one series left. The Huskies will send Mason Feole (7-1, 2.44) to the mound Friday, followed by Jeff Kersten (4-1, 3.52) on Saturday. Penders said No.1 pitcher Tim Cate, who has been out with a sore forearm, could return to the mound in a relief role Sunday, which would be a huge boost with the postseason looming.<<

Reaction Score
Swept Houston in CT during the 2016 season. Let's do it again!

Reaction Score
These guys can’t catch a break...

>>All ticket buyers of the Saturday, May 12 game can exchange their game ticket(s) for Friday’s doubleheader or use the ticket value for a future Hartford Yard Goats game. Only one ticket is needed for both games. Please exchange ticket at the Click-It or Ticket Box office. <<

Reaction Score
Huskies In Hartford: Anthony Prato Has His Mind On The Game for UConn

>>“It’s the biggest series of the year,” Prato said. “We’re going to be playing in front of all those fans, and I can’t wait. It’s amazing. Just the fans getting into it, being behind us - something we don’t usually have - so we all feed off it. … I’m sure they love coming to watch us play, we have to back it up.”<<

>>UConn is tied with East Carolina and South Florida at 11-7 in AAC play. Houston (14-7) has one series left. The Huskies will send Mason Feole (7-1, 2.44) to the mound Friday, followed by Jeff Kersten (4-1, 3.52) on Saturday. Penders said No.1 pitcher Tim Cate, who has been out with a sore forearm, could return to the mound in a relief role Sunday, which would be a huge boost with the postseason looming.<<

Lots of good stuff on Anthony Prato and on how well regarded he is by Coach Penders and the staff. For instance:

>>“He’s like having a coach on the field,” Penders said. “He’s the one guy we green-light all the time. He doesn’t even have to look at me. He’s as close to George [Springer] as an intuitive baserunner as I’ve had.”<<

Reaction Score
Naturally I had bought a ticket for Saturday because I can’t make the Friday game/s. Flippin’ weather is perfect all week until Saturday. :(

Reaction Score
Does anyone know what they are doing about the giveaways - specifically the hookC hat? I assume they won’t have many so if you come to just the second game I am guessing they will be gone?

Reaction Score
Cumbie and Fletcher are no joke though
You got That right. Not sure if a double header hurts or helps but offense has to come to play...otherwise starters are gonna have to be perfect.

Reaction Score
Swept Houston in CT during the 2016 season. Let's do it again!

I was at the Saturday game of that series. It was memorable for two things. First, the Houston coach got ejected by the umpires, then started wondering very loudly on where he was supposed to go since J.O. Christian does not have an on site locker room. Second, Randy Polonia pitched 2+ innings of relief in probably his best game of the year. He had control of his slider that day, and it was found to be absolutely unhittable by the Houston batters.

Last edited:

UConn4ever

Devil Dog
Reaction Score
Anybody know whether the 3pm game will be on espn 3? Saturday was suppose to be

Reaction Score
Sooooo I bought tickets for this weekend’s games and then my wife gave birth to our second son on Tuesday. If there are any Boneyarders out there willing to snag son #1 a Springer poster or two I could PayPal shipping money or send over a Prepaid cardboard tube. Thanks!

Reaction Score
Sooooo I bought tickets for this weekend’s games and then my wife gave birth to our second son on Tuesday. If there are any Boneyarders out there willing to snag son #1 a Springer poster or two I could PayPal shipping money or send over a Prepaid cardboard tube. Thanks!

Congrats...

Reaction Score
Feole and Kersten will be starting Friday @DDP
Gardner will be starting Sunday @JOC

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member