17-24 | Page 2 | The Boneyard

17-24

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
17-24? is that the score for the winning Brady Bunch this weekend? noice, im gettin' paid sunday!

Reaction Score
This is expected when Durham, Jackson and Enoch are replaced with Cobb, Yakwe, Onuorah and Williams. It's water under the bridge, but our lineup this season could have been:

Durham-Polley-Whaley
Jackson-Wilson
Enoch-Carlton
Adams-Vital-Adams
Gilbert-Smith

Bottom line, this frontcourt either not very good (Carlton/Cobb/Yakwe) or rail thin who can't muscle against the Igbanus of the AAC.

Realistically this team is what a bubble team at best?

Reaction Score
Quit bashing Jalen. Jalen has stayed loyal and thats big in my book. He couldve easily transferred after two sub .500 teams, in which he carried a lot of wins, but he didnt. Yeah this season hasnt been what was expected but I dont care. I respect Jalen for what he has done here, and hit one of the best shots ive ever seen.
Eh. He wasn't eligible to be a graduate transfer and the NBA wasn't on the table, so there wasn't really any other option than return for his senior year. Transferring to sit one and play one wouldn't make sense considering he's already 23.

Reaction Score
Eh. He wasn't eligible to be a graduate transfer and the NBA wasn't on the table, so there wasn't really any other option than return for his senior year. Transferring to sit one and play one wouldn't make sense considering he's already 23.

Don't tell that to @Huskybass. He would put Jalen and definitely Vitals jerseys on the wall due to their loyalty and scoring achievements.

Reaction Score
Jalen would look a lot better to the NBA if he had any kind of front court to play with. Sure he has limitations but this team is hurting him badly.

Reaction Score
Jalen would look a lot better to the NBA if he had any kind of front court to play with. Sure he has limitations but this team is hurting him badly.

His sophomore year Jalen Adams had a NCAA champion as Center, a 4* PF Senior, a 4* PF Freshman, and a team filled with talent and obviously many injuries as well. That team was a disgrace.

Reaction Score
And that is thing, this season has been even worse than even the most cynical fan could have predicted. Worst case, the most cynical figured UConn would be 2-3 in the aac with 11 wins at this point. This is beyond worst case IMO. I don't think even a low-ball projection predicted this few wins, are there actually any fans who predicted 10 wins in the first 18?
Uh, no. This team is 28 spots higher in the Sagarin rankings than it was at the same time last year. It will finish stronger than last year's team too. At this modest rate of improvement we will be a borderline NCAA tournament team next year and a borderline top 25 team the year after. Anyone that expected more was delusional. At the end of last year, the program was a dumpster fire.

Reaction Score
He would look better if he was in shape.

Reaction Score
I just got a reminder on my calendar about this post......
We were better until Polley went down, not as many blowouts, more close games for the most part.Jalen could get to the hole and score, he was a solid player.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Jalen would have been a hell of a player on a good team. He’s doing great in the G League. Needs talent around him.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
He is dominating the G League which can mean literally nothing as far as ever playing in the NBA but good for him. He’s playing PG. Unfortunately for him NOLA has about 9 guards already on their roster.

Reaction Score
I didn't read the date or remember this one. But what I did think is this is what we need to shoot from 3 to win today 17 of 24! :eek:

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Unfortunately, the roster is comprised of guys with limited basketball IQ. Al still overpenetrates, we foul at the most inopportune times, Jalen isn't a winner, and Sid is more of an athlete than a basketball player.

The talent coming in next season apears to be a serious upgrade. With Bouknight, Gaffney and Akok in the mix, THEN we will start to see a return to smart, winning basketball. I knew this season wasn't going to be pretty, but it has been worse than I figured.

Most of the low basketball IQ comes from this board's posters.

Reaction Score
I'm surprised our record was that good. Th AAC proved to be a little too challenging for the Huskies.

Reaction Score
I'm surprised our record was that good. Th AAC proved to be a little too challenging for the Huskies.
UConn’s own personal downfall had more to do with our record than the league ability

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom