17-24 | The Boneyard

17-24

Reaction Score
Stainmaster still has Jalen as a late first round pick on his draft board. blue goggle certified

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Stainmaster still has Jalen as a late first round pick on his draft board. blue goggle certified

Not the case, and I've never said anything to that effect. You're drunk.

Polley= mental midget
Jalen = Stoned
Tarin= probably thinks about an upcoming interview at enterprise rent-a-car
Josh Carlton = should be in the MAAC
CV= only guy on the team with the killer mindset but he's got low bball IQ

Brendan Adams should play more. Why waste time with these other guys. He's getting over recruited but he'll get minutes for the rest of his career as a role guy. I'm done with the rest of the team.

Seriously, you're embarrassing yourself tonight.

Reaction Score
Quit bashing Jalen. Jalen has stayed loyal and thats big in my book. He couldve easily transferred after two sub .500 teams, in which he carried a lot of wins, but he didnt. Yeah this season hasnt been what was expected but I dont care. I respect Jalen for what he has done here, and hit one of the best shots ive ever seen.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
uh, I have jmoney as a draft pick. (steps back, slowly opens umbrella, looks around for kato and tonto...…)

Reaction Score
Jalen will be an UDFA with a Summer League invite if he’s lucky.

Reaction Score
Unfortunately, the roster is comprised of guys with limited basketball IQ. Al still overpenetrates, we foul at the most inopportune times, Jalen isn't a winner, and Sid is more of an athlete than a basketball player.

The talent coming in next season apears to be a serious upgrade. With Bouknight, Gaffney and Akok in the mix, THEN we will start to see a return to smart, winning basketball. I knew this season wasn't going to be pretty, but it has been worse than I figured.

Reaction Score
I knew this season wasn't going to be pretty, but it has been worse than I figured.
And that is thing, this season has been even worse than even the most cynical fan could have predicted. Worst case, the most cynical figured UConn would be 2-3 in the aac with 11 wins at this point. This is beyond worst case IMO. I don't think even a low-ball projection predicted this few wins, are there actually any fans who predicted 10 wins in the first 18?

Reaction Score
And that is thing, this season has been even worse than even the most cynical fan could have predicted. Worst case, the most cynical figured UConn would be 2-3 in the aac with 11 wins at this point. This is beyond worst case IMO. I don't think even a low-ball projection predicted this few wins, are there actually any fans who predicted 10 wins in the first 18?
Did you guys just not watch games the last two years? We have been bad for a while. I'm not thrilled but I'm not exactly surprised.

Reaction Score
This is expected when Durham, Jackson and Enoch are replaced with Cobb, Yakwe, Onuorah and Williams. It's water under the bridge, but our lineup this season could have been:

Durham-Polley-Whaley
Jackson-Wilson
Enoch-Carlton
Adams-Vital-Adams
Gilbert-Smith

Bottom line, this frontcourt either not very good (Carlton/Cobb/Yakwe) or rail thin who can't muscle against the Igbanus of the AAC.

Reaction Score
Did you guys just not watch games the last two years? We have been bad for a while. I'm not thrilled but I'm not exactly surprised.
Yes....I did, but I figured there would be a win vs usf and/or Tulsa.

Reaction Score
Yes....I did, but I figured there would be a win vs usf and/or Tulsa.
But why? Having UConn on our jersey doesn't give us a 10 point advantage or anything. The team sucked the last two years and it sucks again. It's not a surprise to anyone that was paying attention.

Friendship

Filled With My Husky Friends
Reaction Score
Next year will be much better when Adams is out. Hand the keys to AG and CV. I guarantee we see a major improvement

Reaction Score
Our AAC record over the last three years. This period will forever be known as The 4Hunnid Age of UConn Basketball. Scoot Scoot playa!
I am liking this only because I laughed. It was pretty funny. Well done.

Reaction Score
But why? Having UConn on our jersey doesn't give us a 10 point advantage or anything. The team sucked the last two years and it sucks again. It's not a surprise to anyone that was paying attention.
So you predicted a 10-8 start or worse? Wow.

Reaction Score
So you predicted a 10-8 start or worse? Wow.
I thought our absolute ceiling was 20 wins and figured we would actually finish a game or two above .500. I got killed for that all over this board

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom