Men - #15 UConn @ Northeastern Huskies (Tuesday 4/26/22 @Friedman Diamond @2:30p) Game on NESN+ and Mixlr | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Men #15 UConn @ Northeastern Huskies (Tuesday 4/26/22 @Friedman Diamond @2:30p) Game on NESN+ and Mixlr

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fairfield_1st

Sitting on this Barstool talking like a damn fool
Reaction Score
Kirby was good after looking shaky w his first batter. He has good stuff
Good results, but a jerky jerky type motion. I'll take results over looks any day.

Reaction Score
So did wang about 4-5 weeks ago bu we haven’t seen him since. Except on a milk bottle

A bit of a difference between Jimmy Wang and Devin Kirby. This is Jimmy Wang's fourth season with UConn baseball, while this is Kirby's first season with UConn where he is able to pitch (he redshirted last season due to injury).

Jimmy Wang had a 1 inning appearance at the end of the blowout win against Merrimack. While he pitched well, I don't get the idea that anything is really expected of him this season, although it wouldn't surprise me if pitches again in another lopsided game. After watching Wang in summer ball in Norwich last year, I certainly had lower expectations for what he might contribute to the UConn pitching staff this season, but sometimes you never know when these guys are going to surprise you.

Kirby has had 2 excellent outings in a row late in games where things were on the line. Unlike Wang, I get the idea that there were expectations by the coaching staff at the beginning of the season that Kirby could be a solid contributor to the UConn bullpen this season. However Kirby was coming back from injury at the beginning of the season and that would to appear to have held him back in his game appearances earlier in the year. Now he has had three excellent appearances in a row, and considering how he was used in the last 2 games, it wouldn't surprise me at all if he shows up again in late innings in a tight game.

Reaction Score
A bit of a difference between Jimmy Wang and Devin Kirby. This is Jimmy Wang's fourth season with UConn baseball, while this is Kirby's first season with UConn where he is able to pitch (he redshirted last season due to injury).

Jimmy Wang had a 1 inning appearance at the end of the blowout win against Merrimack. While he pitched well, I don't get the idea that anything is really expected of him this season, although it wouldn't surprise me if pitches again in another lopsided game. After watching Wang in summer ball in Norwich last year, I certainly had lower expectations for what he might contribute to the UConn pitching staff this season, but sometimes you never know when these guys are going to surprise you.

Kirby has had 2 excellent outings in a row late in games where things were on the line. Unlike Wang, I get the idea that there were expectations by the coaching staff at the beginning of the season that Kirby could be a solid contributor to the UConn bullpen this season. However Kirby was coming back from injury at the beginning of the season and that would to appear to have held him back in his game appearances earlier in the year. Now he has had three excellent appearances in a row, and considering how he was used in the last 2 games, it wouldn't surprise me at all if he shows up again in late innings in a tight game.
Thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99