Who will win this game?

• Wright St

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SimpleDawg

Dan Mullen, Dak Prescott, and Vic Schaefer fan
Reaction Score
McDonald wasn't really McDonald yet. She was a Fr. that showed some promise but no idea she would blossom into the scoring machine she was at Arizona. Remains to be seen about her, but but so far other than Plum there were no future WNBA players on that team. Oshaor was a rock but she was giving up about 6 or 7 inches on McCowan and for maybe the first time ever couldn't displace someone with her strength, so she was helpless in that matchup. UW was hot and cold, but other than Plum and Osahor there weren't any other dependable players on that roster. I strongly disagree with you, finishing tied for 2nd in a very strong conference and nearly winning 30 games w/ that roster was quite an accomplishment. With a different matchup maybe they could've won their 3rd round game, but I think they pretty well maxed out that season. Overall they were better than the Final 4 team, but didn't catch fire in the post season the same way, and were very much missing a dependable third scorer like they had w/ Talia Walton.

Sure, I can see that reasoning. But i think UDub had more star power than Mississippi State did. McCowan wasn't really McCowan yet either. She was not a regular starter, wasn't that good in the postseason apart from one game against the Huskies, and certainly didn't garner her elite reputation until the following year. William hadn't yet played those 2 games that she's basically known for.... those 2 games (UConn and Baylor) are pretty much her reputation. So the only real star we had was Vivians. With Washington, you can argue they had at least 2 players at that time considered superior to our basically 1. So yeah... I think most people favored the Huskies.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
You're trying to sell me on UW "underachieving" by losing to that year's Runner Up. Hard pass, no way no how you're going to convince me.

SimpleDawg

Dan Mullen, Dak Prescott, and Vic Schaefer fan
Reaction Score
You're trying to sell me on UW "underachieving" by losing to that year's Runner Up. Hard pass, no way no how you're going to convince me.
Not saying they horrendously underachieved, just felt like they could've went further, and most people favored the Huskies to the Bulldogs in that game.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
I'm just loving how the Wright State–Arkansas thread became fertile terrain for yet another fight to defend the sacred honor of the University of Washington

But enough about five years ago. All Hail the Raiders of Wright State!

1616458440096.png

Reaction Score
McDonald wasn't really McDonald yet. She was a Fr. that showed some promise but no idea she would blossom into the scoring machine she was at Arizona. Remains to be seen about her, but but so far other than Plum there were no future WNBA players on that team. Oshaor was a rock but she was giving up about 6 or 7 inches on McCowan and for maybe the first time ever couldn't displace someone with her strength, so she was helpless in that matchup. UW was hot and cold, but other than Plum and Osahor there weren't any other dependable players on that roster. I strongly disagree with you, finishing tied for 2nd in a very strong conference and nearly winning 30 games w/ that roster was quite an accomplishment. With a different matchup maybe they could've won their 3rd round game, but I think they pretty well maxed out that season. Overall they were better than the Final 4 team, but didn't catch fire in the post season the same way, and were very much missing a dependable third scorer like they had w/ Talia Walton.
She was always a really good player but just did not get the National publicity like making the McDonalds AA team. One problem was that she was in Sabrina's shadow even in highschool. Their high schools were about 45 miles apart and in California that a next door neighbor. I remember a debate on the Nor CAl high school forum as to which one would have the better college career and McDonald actually had more supporters. Clay K was one of the few who defended Sabrina during that debate.

They were also upset that Sabrina was named McD AA and McDonald wasn't. They seemed to think that it was an either or and that Sabrinal took McDonalds spot. Actually both should have been named so yes she showed her potential even in high school. They seem to want to spread thing out around the country so if you are in a close location with another really good player you might be out of luck.

The same thing happened to her in Washington. She ended up in Plums shadow. They probably would have done better if they used a more balanced offense.

Reaction Score
Arkansas is now the 6th #4 seed to lose in the opening round in the last 25 years and the 1st since 2012. We know Arkansas can be a very good team at times. Was it a bad day? Bad matchup? Or maybe Wright St should have been higher than a #13 seed. They play Missouri St today. Missouri St is a very hot team. Hopefully, a good game.

Reaction Score
Man, I don't know why anyone would not be a fan of Neighbors.

Arkansas's players are not necessarily the easiest to like, but their style of play is fun. I didn't really want them to flame out, but am also happy for Wright State who made some stone cold plays down the stretch.

Arkansas really needs to find some post players who can help them a little bit more. I guess it will be interesting to see what their roster looks like next year, you sort of figure they will probably be pretty attractive to guards always.

Reaction Score
Man, I don't know why anyone would not be a fan of Neighbors.

Arkansas's players are not necessarily the easiest to like, but their style of play is fun. I didn't really want them to flame out, but am also happy for Wright State who made some stone cold plays down the stretch.

Arkansas really needs to find some post players who can help them a little bit more. I guess it will be interesting to see what their roster looks like next year, you sort of figure they will probably be pretty attractive to guards always.
Good points. I don't have any issue with Neighbors as a coach. For me it's just the demeanour of some of the players (and no not due to the UConn loss to them). Style of play is entertaining however I have always been curious as to why Neighbors hasn't added to post player to the roster. Especially in the SEC where size seems to be important, I would think it would help them and make them even more dangerous from outside the key.

FairView

Mad Man
Reaction Score
Previously known as the team that hosted Tamika Williams home game
My wife and I drove to Dayton for that game with our six-month-old son. It was on New Years Eve. I still get emails about events at the Nutter Center from time to time. Wasn't that a case where the logical school for Tamika's homecoming game said no and Wright State stepped up when asked? I remember a very pleasant experience, a nice venue and nice people.

Reaction Score
. Wasn't that a case where the logical school for Tamika's homecoming game said no and Wright State stepped up when asked? I remember a very pleasant experience, a nice venue and nice people.
U of Dayton
Both in the city (~8-9 miles apart), but UD is down the street from TW's high school.

Reaction Score
Good points. I don't have any issue with Neighbors as a coach. For me it's just the demeanour of some of the players (and no not due to the UConn loss to them). Style of play is entertaining however I have always been curious as to why Neighbors hasn't added to post player to the roster. Especially in the SEC where size seems to be important, I would think it would help them and make them even more dangerous from outside the key.
I know Wolfenbarger is pretty perimeter oriented, but you'd think she would have to help a little bit inside at 6'5.

They could use a transfer forward more than anybody. Well they needed last year. Not sure what they look going forward.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
I have to say I enjoyed that game and did get a tinge of satisfaction watching Dungee get so exhuberant and a tad over the top when Arkansas took the lead only to have the camera cut to her crying when Wright State was shooting the last fouls shots to put it completely out of reach. Just like the Reese's commercial...
Sorry, NOT Sorry to see Arkansas exit stage left...
Happy Denzel Washington GIF by Bounce

Reaction Score
I know Wolfenbarger is pretty perimeter oriented, but you'd think she would have to help a little bit inside at 6'5.

They could use a transfer forward more than anybody. Well they needed last year. Not sure what they look going forward.
Agreed. Can't remember her name, but he had a great one at Washington while Plum was there. She was 5'11" I believe but played like she was over 6' and was tough inside.

That's why I'm perplexed as to why this hasn't been in place since he took over the program.

Reaction Score
Very strange.
When AR agreed to schedule the game with us, everyone was jubilant, praising Neighbors, etc.
Then we lose and the knives come out BIG TIME.

It was a good loss. It was a regular season loss.
If this team goes far, it'll be because of that loss.

The vitriol seems a bit over the top. But that's just me.

Reaction Score
Maybe Neighbors will see if Baker will come to Arkansas next year he did call her a SEC caliber guard.

Reaction Score
Yeah, this is a pretty ridiculous comment. Arkansas lost because Slocum and Ramirez shot 18% from the floor. Some credit to WSU, obviously, but Arkansas missed open shot after open shot. Dungee only shot 33%, and that was due to two 4Q 3's that she hit. They win going away if only one, or maybe even two, of their shooters had an off day. All three of them did. It was just a really bad offensive performance from the Hogs. And they probably would have won if their PF didn't dribble the ball off her foot after a steal (instead of giving the ball to a guard).

Did Neighbors pee in your Cheerios or something?

But absolutely, congrats to Wright State! Wins like this are what make the tournament so exciting.
But the point is that on this days they did have a bad shooting day, and the game was only close because the refs called the game in a completely one sided fashion for Arkansas. If not, Wright state wins going away. Does Arkansas have better talent? Yes. Did it matter on this day? No.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Very strange.
When AR agreed to schedule the game with us, everyone was jubilant, praising Neighbors, etc.
Then we lose and the knives come out BIG TIME.

It was a good loss. It was a regular season loss.
If this team goes far, it'll be because of that loss.

The vitriol seems a bit over the top. But that's just me.
Comments by non-SEC fans are about Dungee, not Neighbors. And it’s not just UConn fans either

Reaction Score
But the point is that on this days they did have a bad shooting day, and the game was only close because the refs called the game in a completely one sided fashion for Arkansas. If not, Wright state wins going away. Does Arkansas have better talent? Yes. Did it matter on this day? No.
What you're saying isn't wrong, but that's very clearly NOT the point that's driving this conversation.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macklin

Top Bottom