12 days | Page 2 | The Boneyard

12 days

Reaction Score
Even if Gilbert comes back, what are the odds he stays healthy? Given his history, you can't count on him.

Reaction Score
Untill the toughest stretch of the season

@ Arizona
@ Auburn
Vs. Wichita State

I think we desperately need this break from games. Would love to see our Huskies turn it around. Far from a reassuring performance tonight but at 7 - 3 we have preserved an opportunity to shift the tone of this season.
Really hoping to get three big wins. This is the season right here. Poor showing and the season could get ugly fan wise.

For those touting 7-3 as a nod to Ollie, 7-6 destroys that argument

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
Really hoping to get three big wins. This is the season right here. Poor showing and the season could get ugly fan wise.

For those touting 7-3 as a nod to Ollie, 7-6 destroys that argument

What does 9-4 do?

Honestly, I'm asking for a real answer. We all know what 0-3 means. And I'm pretty sure I know what 3-0 means (and the posts that will follow). But how about going 2-1 in this stretch? Will it change the narrative? Will folks focus on the 1 and not the 2? Just curious...

Reaction Score
What does 9-4 do?

Honestly, I'm asking for a real answer. We all know what 0-3 means. And I'm pretty sure I know what 3-0 means (and the posts that will follow). But how about going 2-1 in this stretch? Will it change the narrative? Will folks focus on the 1 and not the 2? Just curious...

3-0 is almost too much to ask for
2-1 reinvigorates the season
1-2 means we are treading water
0-3 means we’ve dug a hole that we likely won’t be able to climb out of

UConnDan97

Reaction Score

So here's a follow up question: what percentage of the board do you think would agree with you? I think there are a lot of folks here that would be quite a bit more pessimistic than your 2-1 and 1-2 assessments...

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Nothing will change if it hasn't already.

I don't think this is a tournament team, but this is a mind boggling statement. You're básically saying teams don't develop or gel over the course of the year.

Especially in context of only returning 2 guys who played minutes.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
So here's a follow up question: what percentage of the board do you think would agree with you? I think there are a lot of folks here that would be quite a bit more pessimistic than your 2-1 and 1-2 assessments...

I dunno but I would say anyone on here who wouldn’t be extremely happy with 2-1 needs to re-examine their expectations for this team. I would have gladly accepted that at the beginning of the season, let alone after this disappointing start. This would be a tough stretch for any team in the country.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Given what we've seen this year, I'd be ecstatic w 1-2. Not even being a hater.

I think we actually need 2-1.

2-1 and we can start pretending we have a season again.

At 1-2 or 0-3 with our Nova beating still coming, the out of conference season is a complete loss and no selection committee is going to let an AAC school slide with that.

Reaction Score

At 1-2 or 0-3 with our Nova beating still coming, the out of conference season is a complete loss and no selection committee is going to let an AAC school slide with that.

1. We don't "need" anything in December.
2. The AAC is better this year and we'll have more chances for quality wins.
3. In your scenario we would have at least one quality OOC win and potentially another if Oregon turns things around, with no bad losses. I think you overstate how difficult it is to make the tournament.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score

You're right. I was just offering up my expectations given our recent play. I feel like they are going to need these other teams to play poorly to get a win.

Auburn hasn't really played anybody. So who knows there? Arizona is much better than they've shown imo. And WSU is ranked appropriately.

Gotta beat Auburn, and somehow pull one out vs Zona.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
You're right. I was just offering up my expectations given our recent play. I feel like they are going to need these other teams to play poorly to get a win.

Auburn hasn't really played anybody. So who knows there? Arizona is much better than they've shown imo. And WSU is ranked appropriately.

Gotta beat Auburn, and somehow pull one out vs Zona.

I think we have to beat Auburn and hope that Wichita comes in flat.

I’ve given up hope on the Arizona game. They are going club us like baby seals. When Deandre Ayton starts hitting threes, our pups will shut down.

We should leave all of the freshmen home for that game.

Reaction Score
What does 9-4 do?

9-4 probably buys Ollie another year.

UConnDan97

Reaction Score
9-4 probably buys Ollie another year.

But 8-5 doesn't???

That's the point here. People need to stop being outrageous with their predictions...

...(says the man who has continuously predicted undefeated seasons for the the last 35 years)...

Last edited:

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score

agree 100%

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
I think we have to beat Auburn and hope that Wichita comes in flat.

I’ve given up hope on the Arizona game. They are going club us like baby seals. When Deandre Ayton starts hitting threes, our pups will shut down.

We should leave all of the freshmen home for that game.

I wish Auburn was first on the trip. Because if we get clubbed in Arizona we may roll over for Auburn. It just seems to be the mental makeup of this squad so far.

Reaction Score
Austin 3:16 says we better get some recruiting visits in... lots of stuff to do in this stretch.

Wordbomar

"Walker on McGee with four.."
Reaction Score
1-2 allows us to stay in the hunt. 2-1 or better changes the season. 0-3 will mount a big hole that will be difficult to climb out of.

Reaction Score
I keep reading the thread title "12 days" in the same voice as the phone call in the movie The Ring.

I'm not sure if that's good lol.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Given what we've seen this year, I'd be ecstatic w 1-2. Not even being a hater.
2-1 would be the first pleasant surprise of the season.
1-2 isn't fatal, but would perhaps require Oregon, Arkansas, Syracuse & Auburn to include 3 Tournament teams AND top 4 (5?)AAC finish.
SO FAR, I hasn't seen play that makes me think that will happen, but I can still play the hopeful/patient angle & imagine a team that steadily improves. Why? Because I'm a fan and have no better narrative.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Winning the AAC tournament is our best (only?) hope for a trip to the dance.

Reaction Score
Winning the AAC tournament is our best (only?) hope for a trip to the dance.

Based on what? It's going to be incredibly hard to win the AAC tournament assuming we're not already in a position to get a bid going in.

Again, people are over-estimating how hard it is to make the tournament. Providence got in last year with 12 losses. Illinois State nearly got in with one top 50 win. Michigan State lost 14 games and got a nine seed. Rhode Island got in from the A-10 with 9 losses.

If you look at the numbers right now, we're actually in good shape from an RPI standpoint. Only one debilitating cupcake on the schedule so far and that was Coppin State. Everybody else that we've played has their record distorted by the schedules they've played, but they should finish in the upper half of their leagues. The RPI practically rewards you for losing to good teams. All you need to do is beat the bad ones and take enough from the good ones and you're in. 1-1 on this coming road trip and 12-6 in the league and they're in.

As things stand, our biggest obstacle is the fact that we suck.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom