12,500 tickets sold so far for UConn/Wichita St | Page 4 | The Boneyard

12,500 tickets sold so far for UConn/Wichita St

Reaction Score
The students didn’t even fill up the student section upper deck during the Florida game... the secondary upper section across from the full student section.

Which is bad. No excuse not to sell it out. But some empty seats at the top don't change this statement made earlier in the thread:
"I am def not an XL snob but I disagree. College students take the fan experience to the next level. And at Gampel the students are a larger percentage of the crowd and are much more on top of the court. I like both places but Gampel rules in a big game "

The "main" student section was great

Reaction Score
Which is bad. No excuse not to sell it out. But some empty seats at the top don't change this statement made earlier in the thread:
"I am def not an XL snob but I disagree. College students take the fan experience to the next level. And at Gampel the students are a larger percentage of the crowd and are much more on top of the court. I like both places but Gampel rules in a big game "

The "main" student section was great
Too many casual students that won’t show up to the XL center let alone Gampel

Reaction Score
Crowd was great today. Gampel wouldn’t have changed the outcome.

Reaction Score
Maybe it makes me a casual fan but I was never going to XL games as a student. It's just a massive inconvenience

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Maybe it makes me a casual fan but I was never going to XL games as a student. It's just a massive inconvenience
and the Athletic Department gutted any incentive for students under 21 to go to the games

The AD has really done nothing for the students and to make the environment feel like a massive college home game advantage

Reaction Score
Honestly it probably does mean you are a casual fan. I went to both places as a student and never missed a game but I admit I was a die hard and still am. Both are ok and we need MORE casual fans to fill up either building. The avid fans are going no matter what but the casual fans are still fans and make the difference between a sell out at XL or like 10lk in the place

Reaction Score
Honestly it probably does mean you are a casual fan. I went to both places as a student and never missed a game but I admit I was a die hard and still am. Both are ok and we need MORE casual fans to fill up either building. The avid fans are going no matter what but the casual fans are still fans and make the difference between a sell out at XL or like 10lk in the place
My post was mostly tongue in cheek because I don't think going or not going to games makes anyone a better fan. The XL experience as a student is garbage and was much more enjoyable to find somewhere on campus to watch with friends

Reaction Score
My post was mostly tongue in cheek because I don't think going or not going to games makes anyone a better fan. The XL experience as a student is garbage and was much more enjoyable to find somewhere on campus to watch with friends
Depends on who you talk to. Me and my buddies didn’t miss a game at XL. We’d take turns driving and find a place to go pregame then get to the arena. This was Big East and Jim Calhoun days and the time place was mostly sold out so there was no comparison between being there vs watching on TV. To each his own I guess

Reaction Score
Both venues are fine but XL not ideal for students but for the state as a whole XL better. Remedy? Status quo and see what happens after a full year in BE.

Reaction Score
I'm not against the XL. What I'm against is having an ice skating rink underneath a basketball court. Somebody is going to get seriously hurt one of these days. I cringe every time I see basketball players slipping and sliding. How many times did the refs have to stop play to get someone to wipe the moisture off the floor?

Reaction Score
Depends on who you talk to. Me and my buddies didn’t miss a game at XL. We’d take turns driving and find a place to go pregame then get to the arena. This was Big East and Jim Calhoun days and the time place was mostly sold out so there was no comparison between being there vs watching on TV. To each his own I guess
It also could be the time, I was there 2012-2016 and nobody cared about going to most of the games

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Am I crazy for liking both places?

XL we get more fans in the door, and at Gampel we have more students and a more intimate arena.

But it’s ok to like both!
I’m sure I sound like I hate Gampel which is not the case. I love both arenas too but people using the argument that Gampel is overflowing a rabid student fan base is just not true so it irks me when people use that.

Reaction Score
Nah. In 2-3 years we'll be a regular Top 20 team again and the attendance will remain high, playing in a conference where half our opponents are ranked.
Attendance was dropping when we were winning national championships. So nah. And there is still the other half.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom