12,500 tickets sold so far for UConn/Wichita St | Page 3 | The Boneyard

12,500 tickets sold so far for UConn/Wichita St

Reaction Score
At 1000x better you are saying Gamble would draw 80,000? Looks like you really thought this one out.

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
I was at both. The atmosphere at the Florida game and today's game were comparable. But ultimately, XL can be as loud/fun/rowdy as Gampel, but Gampel cannot be as loud/fun/rowdy as XL, when considering each's best possible atmosphere.

Reaction Score
I was at both. The atmosphere at the Florida game and today's game were comparable. But ultimately, XL can be as loud/fun/rowdy as Gampel, but Gampel cannot be as loud/fun/rowdy as XL, when considering each's best possible atmosphere.
I am def not an XL snob but I disagree. College students take the fan experience to the next level. And at Gampel the students are a larger percentage of the crowd and are much more on top of the court. I like both places but Gampel rules in a big game

Reaction Score
At 1000x better you are saying Gamble would draw 80,000? Looks like you really thought this one out.
I can't take anyone's post seriously who can't even spell the name right

Reaction Score
XL drew more for NJIT than Gampel drew for Florida...

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
I am def not an XL snob but I disagree. College students take the fan experience to the next level. And at Gampel the students are a larger percentage of the crowd and are much more on top of the court. I like both places but Gampel rules in a big game
most of the empty seats at Gampel this year have been in the student sections.

Reaction Score
If we are being honest those NJIT numbers are inflated.
Listen we get that you don't like the XL Center. You have made that abundantly clear. But there was 10k there that day. If you were there you would have seen that.

The attendance at Gampel this year has sucked. Some of that is circumstance (the Tulane game) but we should never get 4k for St. Joe's. XL would have easily been double.

Reaction Score
most of the empty seats at Gampel this year have been in the student sections.
They’ve been pretty much empty at XL too. I’m saying at peak performance at both buildings Gampel > XL. Not sure if you were at the FL game this year but that was the vibe I am referring to.
also I think that as we climb back up the hill, getting in to see these kids play needs to become an event today for most kids to actually attend. I’m betting that will happen. Hopefully in BOTH buildings

Reaction Score
Listen we get that you don't like the XL Center. You have made that abundantly clear. But there was 10k there that day. If you were there you would have seen that.

The attendance at Gampel this year has sucked. Some of that is circumstance (the Tulane game) but we should never get 4k for St. Joe's. XL would have easily been double.
I've been to every game this year. NJIT was a nice crowd but not 10,000. They bump those numbers including the terrible games at Gampel.

Also, let me make myself clear. I love Hartford and it serves a purpose. I don't love how many people bash Gampel for no reason and I don't love how piss poor the arena is.

Reaction Score
I like the XL better for big games. Better places to eat and drink pre game and in game beer sales get the crowd crazier. Gampel is probably consistentlu louder throughout the game with more students, but the XL gets louder than Gampel during those big spurts.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Why should it have been at Gamble? You would have shut out about 4000 or 5000 fans who were able to get into XL.

UConn wins this game today if it's at Gampel.

Reaction Score
UConn wins this game today if it's at Gampel.
It’s break. The students brought nothing to Hartford, there would be less at a larger student section making it look worse and have less energy. And no alcohol makes for less energy from others. Also we’ve played better at the XL than Gampel this season

Reaction Score
Great energy today. Reminded me a lot of last year's Arizona's game. Crowd was excellent and only about 10% of the (casual) fans left when down 7 with 2 to go.

Listen, as an alum, I like Gampel more than XL, but as long as we are playing games at both arenas, I can appreciate the pros and ignore the cons whenever I go. Honestly, if you hate XL center, then don't go.

Last edited:

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
It’s break. The students brought nothing to Hartford, there would be less at a larger student section making it look worse and have less energy. And no alcohol makes for less energy from others. Also we’ve played better at the XL than Gampel this season

On the plus side, UConn would have won in front of the sober gray hairs.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
P
The students didn’t even fill up the student section upper deck during the Florida game... the secondary upper section across from the full student section.
its time do to away with that overflow section for sure

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom