11th... | Page 4 | The Boneyard

11th...

Reaction Score
I think it’s a GREAT spot for him. Yes there were better situations out there for him, but this is almost as good as it gets I believe. He will play a lot there and there’s a lot of buzz and optimism around that team now, so he can show off in the spotlight that’s there from last year. It’s really up to him. Jeremy Lamb career or Ray Allen. I think he can go either way.
Are you saying that Jeremy is having a bad career? Not sure but I bet he has done ok with his bank account and life.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Are you saying that Jeremy is having a bad career? Not sure but I bet he has done ok with his bank account and life.

Jeremy was <this close> to being out of the league and found a niche and has become a valuable role player. Career average of about 10.5 points and has averaged about 12-13 over past four seasons. Made over $50m in his career. Nothing to sneeze about at all. If that is Bouk's basement, he's in good shape.

That being said no one is suggesting Lamb's career is anywhere near as accomplished as Ray's.

So, yes, there is plenty of room to be as good or better than Lamb, without denigrating Lamb's career.

Reaction Score
I feel so bad for James. Came back after the surgery when he didn't have to. Put in the extra work since the season ended (arguably one of those that helped himself the best since the NCAAB season ended). All the hype (an unfortunate machine) had him going easily into the Top 10 at a team that would properly develop him. All of that to end up in an absolutely terrible situation. Terrible luck for the kid.

Absolutely terrible fit for James. We already saw how Charlotte ruined Kemba's prime, not looking forward to seeing James waste away in this miserable organization/city. For how good MJ was as a player is how bad he is as an exec. Bouk will not only be fighting for minutes with the likes of Melo Ball, Terry Rozier, Devonate Graham, Malik Monk and Gordon Heyward, how will he get shots up? Especially with notable ball hogs Ball and Rozier.

Other than ending up in a place like Cleveland or Sacramento, this is the absolutely worst case scenario for James. He would have been better off even going to the Spurs next or even Pacers at 13 or would have struck gold with the Warriors at 14 (who I think will regret passing him up at 7).

Charlotte is where your NBA career dies sadly, and for James it might be over before it even starts. Before you call me dramatic, look at the the Hornets first round draft picks over time and tell me one player you feel like benefited from being in that terrible organization:

• 2004: Okafor -- while he had his back injuries, got to be the first pick for an expansion team which means you're destined for failure right awy
  • 2005: Ray Felton -- had his best years in the NBA years later as a Knick of all places
  • 2005: Sean May -- out of the NBA after only 119 games
  • 2006: Adam Morrison -- one of the best college scorers of all time became an instant bust playing for them
  • 2007: Jared Dudley -- left the Hornets after 94 games luckily for him as he was able to carve out a nice NBA career away from them
  • 2008: DJ Augustin -- starting point guard on a team that won 7 games
  • 2008: Alex Ajinca -- Lasted 34 games in Charlotte. As a first round pick.
  • 2009: Gerald Henderson -- The leading scorer on a 7 win team!
  • 2011: Kemba -- Wasted his early years on abysmal teams, willed the miserable franchise to the playoffs as he became an All-Star. By the time he made it out of the dump his age sadly caught up to him with injuries
  • 2012: MKG -- Mega bust after missing out on AD
  • 2013: Cody Zeller -- Has averaged 8.7 ppg over EIGHT seasons as the NUMBER FOUR overall pick
  • 2014: Noah Vonleh -- Lasted 25 games in Charlotte before being traded
  • 2015: Frank Kaminsky -- Another top-10 pick that has averaged under 10 ppg through his career
  • 2017: Malik Monk -- A scoring guard that hasn't scored in four seasons. Averaging 9.1 ppg on 40% shooting
  • 2018*: Miles Bridges -- I didn't include him at first b/c he was a trade, but fine I'll include him. 10.8 PPG over his first 3 seasons shooting 46%. There is some hope with him (and PJ/Melo). Only took 14 years other than Kemba to have someone that was halfway decent.
  • 2019: PJ Washington -- The #12 overall pick is averaging 12.6 & 6 over his two first seasons. Other than Kemba and Lamelo Ball he's 3rd in ppg among this list...
  • 2020: Melo Ball -- Eyyyyy a Rookie of the Year. But essentially the same type of player as Bouk. So the Hornets have arguably two successful draft picks (and saying Melo is a success after ONE season is pushing it) with Melo and Kemba in 15+ years.
So yeah, sorry I'm negative, but this franchise's track record speaks for itself. A terrible spot for Bouk and I hope he gets out ASAP. No offense to any of its residents but Charlotte is the most average city I've ever been too. Sure its not a bad place to live but it ain't special either. Everything about it is average. The food. The buildings. The weather. The people. Just average. Better than being a dump I suppose. If only the Hornets were average back...
When's the last time you were in Charlotte?and where do you reside?

Cause being in Charlotte, I can tell you it's a hell of a lot better than anything CT has to offer lol.

..and I know this is a message board, but clumping an entire city as average people tells me everything I really need to know about ya. Hope your outlook on life improves.

krinklecut

Class of '11
Reaction Score

Cause being in Charlotte, I can tell you it's a hell of a lot better than anything CT has to offer lol
Seriously. When I was living in Alabama we used to like to drive up to CT instead of fly. Always stopped in Charlotte for a day or two. Really cool city.

Reaction Score

Cause being in Charlotte, I can tell you it's a hell of a lot better than anything CT has to offer lol.
Don't get sucked into his bitter nonsense rant. I moved to the Charlotte area in 2004 after growing up in CT. Charlotte is a wonderful city and the people are great. I wouldn't live anywhere else.

Reaction Score

..and I know this is a message board, but clumping an entire city as average people tells me everything I really need to know about ya. Hope your outlook on life improves.
Don't get sucked into his bitter nonsense rant. I moved to the Charlotte area in 2004 after growing up in CT. Charlotte is a wonderful city and the people are great. I wouldn't live anywhere else.
I think it’s weird how many people feel the need to knock down Charlotte. It’s not a great place compared to what? Charlottes it’s own city, it’s not trying to be Boston or Seattle, of course it’s not those cities lol. As far as live able decent sized cities, it’s a good place to live. And a town like Charlotte rallies behind big players like Melo, Kemba, Cam, Luke Kuechly etc. Kemba loved Charlotte and still has a house here. James is coming into a really good situation and has plenty of time to grow into a good role. He’s going to excel playing along side guys like Ball, Bridges, Graham, and Hayward. He can just be him and play through his mistakes while giving them a potent option off the bench. I’m excited for him.

Reaction Score
I feel so bad for James. Came back after the surgery when he didn't have to. Put in the extra work since the season ended (arguably one of those that helped himself the best since the NCAAB season ended). All the hype (an unfortunate machine) had him going easily into the Top 10 at a team that would properly develop him. All of that to end up in an absolutely terrible situation. Terrible luck for the kid.

Absolutely terrible fit for James. We already saw how Charlotte ruined Kemba's prime, not looking forward to seeing James waste away in this miserable organization/city. For how good MJ was as a player is how bad he is as an exec. Bouk will not only be fighting for minutes with the likes of Melo Ball, Terry Rozier, Devonate Graham, Malik Monk and Gordon Heyward, how will he get shots up? Especially with notable ball hogs Ball and Rozier.

Other than ending up in a place like Cleveland or Sacramento, this is the absolutely worst case scenario for James. He would have been better off even going to the Spurs next or even Pacers at 13 or would have struck gold with the Warriors at 14 (who I think will regret passing him up at 7).

Charlotte is where your NBA career dies sadly, and for James it might be over before it even starts. Before you call me dramatic, look at the the Hornets first round draft picks over time and tell me one player you feel like benefited from being in that terrible organization:

• 2004: Okafor -- while he had his back injuries, got to be the first pick for an expansion team which means you're destined for failure right awy
  • 2005: Ray Felton -- had his best years in the NBA years later as a Knick of all places
  • 2005: Sean May -- out of the NBA after only 119 games
  • 2006: Adam Morrison -- one of the best college scorers of all time became an instant bust playing for them
  • 2007: Jared Dudley -- left the Hornets after 94 games luckily for him as he was able to carve out a nice NBA career away from them
  • 2008: DJ Augustin -- starting point guard on a team that won 7 games
  • 2008: Alex Ajinca -- Lasted 34 games in Charlotte. As a first round pick.
  • 2009: Gerald Henderson -- The leading scorer on a 7 win team!
  • 2011: Kemba -- Wasted his early years on abysmal teams, willed the miserable franchise to the playoffs as he became an All-Star. By the time he made it out of the dump his age sadly caught up to him with injuries
  • 2012: MKG -- Mega bust after missing out on AD
  • 2013: Cody Zeller -- Has averaged 8.7 ppg over EIGHT seasons as the NUMBER FOUR overall pick
  • 2014: Noah Vonleh -- Lasted 25 games in Charlotte before being traded
  • 2015: Frank Kaminsky -- Another top-10 pick that has averaged under 10 ppg through his career
  • 2017: Malik Monk -- A scoring guard that hasn't scored in four seasons. Averaging 9.1 ppg on 40% shooting
  • 2018*: Miles Bridges -- I didn't include him at first b/c he was a trade, but fine I'll include him. 10.8 PPG over his first 3 seasons shooting 46%. There is some hope with him (and PJ/Melo). Only took 14 years other than Kemba to have someone that was halfway decent.
  • 2019: PJ Washington -- The #12 overall pick is averaging 12.6 & 6 over his two first seasons. Other than Kemba and Lamelo Ball he's 3rd in ppg among this list...
  • 2020: Melo Ball -- Eyyyyy a Rookie of the Year. But essentially the same type of player as Bouk. So the Hornets have arguably two successful draft picks (and saying Melo is a success after ONE season is pushing it) with Melo and Kemba in 15+ years.
So yeah, sorry I'm negative, but this franchise's track record speaks for itself. A terrible spot for Bouk and I hope he gets out ASAP. No offense to any of its residents but Charlotte is the most average city I've ever been too. Sure its not a bad place to live but it ain't special either. Everything about it is average. The food. The buildings. The weather. The people. Just average. Better than being a dump I suppose. If only the Hornets were average back...
You are so damn clueless it hurts, lol. Its a fact that the Hornets did not do a good job building around Kemba and his best years with his knees were wasted, but Melo already has more help around him than Kemba did, the organization is headed in a much better direction. Monk and Graham are free agents and its unlikely either will be back, let alone both, so there's an opportunity for Bouk to come in and earn minutes right away. Also, saying Bouk and Melo are the same type of player just shows you don't watch basketball because they're nothing alike.

Reaction Score
The fact that they pulled the trigger on Bouk tells me the organization is heading in the right direction. There are going to be few teams who will regret passing on him.

Mr. Wonderful

Whistleblower
Reaction Score
Being picked 11th in the NBA draft is "falling."

He can now console himself by literally wrapping himself in a blanket made of $100 bills.

#FirstWorldProblems

Reaction Score
Being picked 11th in the NBA draft is "falling."

He can now console himself by literally wrapping himself in a blanket made of $100 bills.

#FirstWorldProblems

Yeah it's worth remembering that at the end of the season some of our resident draft gurus thought Bouknight's ceiling was the late first round, I remember the "LOL still think he's getting drafted in the first round?" post from one of them.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
You are so damn clueless it hurts, lol. Its a fact that the Hornets did not do a good job building around Kemba and his best years with his knees were wasted, but Melo already has more help around him than Kemba did, the organization is headed in a much better direction. Monk and Graham are free agents and its unlikely either will be back, let alone both, so there's an opportunity for Bouk to come in and earn minutes right away. Also, saying Bouk and Melo are the same type of player just shows you don't watch basketball because they're nothing alike.
Not just earn minutes. the Ringer said he will lead the team in scoring.

Reaction Score
Charlotte isn't the greatest organization but I think playing with Melo will get him an extra 2-4 points a game mostly because he has a chance to run and to go downhill when so much of his UConn career was half-court-oriented.

Reaction Score
was hurley at the draft or was there a limit on attendance?

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Am I the only one who is tired of those commenting on facial expressions or body language who think they know what Bouk is thinking or feeling? Hated it during the season and still do. I would bet James is ecstatic about becoming a multimillionaire and getting paid to play a game he loves.
Nope but it’s a visible noticeable true aspect of the kid. If I were him I’d be visibly disappointed last night too, all this smoke about going 6-8 to have that many pass you up? But I wouldn’t be surprised if that dismissed look he had in many games last year is a reason some teams didn’t draft him. I read that after the magic he didn’t work out for any of the other teams til the hornets, so him going at 11 makes more sense to me now. But that mopey look? it’s gotta be a turnoff and he has to stop doing that. He’s on the hornets, not GS so he will lose many games. Fans and management don’t want to see that even if you’re losing, NBA games flip in a 3 minute span, gotta keep the head up and keep working

Reaction Score
I can't wait! But don't buy yet, he is probably switching numbers!

Plus my experience, Fanatics brand stinks!
I’m definitely waiting until the number is official.

I don’t think all the items on that site are actual Fanatic brand. I believe they’re more of a distributor. They sell plenty of the same products as other stores and stores.

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
I’m definitely waiting until the number is official.

I don’t think all the items on that site are actual Fanatic brand. I believe they’re more of a distributor. They sell plenty of the same products as other stores and stores.

Yeah absolutely, it's a great fan shop for the good brands ... but they do have their own brand of gear and it sucks. This particular jersey you linked to is Fanatics brand. Just a heads up, I've had some less than stellar stuff from the brand.

BGesus4

Running everywhere
Reaction Score
Yeah absolutely, it's a great fan shop for the good brands ... but they do have their own brand of gear and it sucks. This particular jersey you linked to is Fanatics brand. Just a heads up, I've had some less than stellar stuff from the brand.
That Mitchell and Ness LJ jersey is fire tho

Grandmama and Lil Penny are hard to top in terms of nba history cool ish lol

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom