11/3 Practice Tidbits (via Horde Twitter) | Page 4 | The Boneyard

11/3 Practice Tidbits (via Horde Twitter)

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score
How does a semi-final match-up with Cincinnati sound? I know that defending our fan base usually entails depicting the conference as unappealing, but aside from the irony that that may have had something to do with us being in that conference in the first place, it's still a bad look for the students to have so many empty seats in Hartford every game. We have a fan base where the alums don't show up at Gampel and the students don't show up in Hartford. It is what it is, but let's not pretend that our fan base is simply chomping at the bit for the teams to be good again. There is a lack of initiative and marketing savvy within the University itself, which is why people like tcf, noescalators, and storrs south seem to gain more traction on twitter than actual students (I'm assuming they're not students). For a number of reasons, student support for UConn athletics is less than it should be. The winning will come and go but the other stuff shouldn't.

So yes, in some respects I think it is unique to UConn. It's a trend across the country, yes, but I think especially pronounced at UConn.
I am a student and am chomping at the bit for games to be good again, along with several friends of mine. I am a huge fan of UConn basketball, have been my whole life. But I am less inclined to go to a UConn vs. Tulsa game if I have an exam in the next couple days. If UConn were top 25 and had a conference game against Georgetown/Villanova/Cuse/Pitt/L'ville/St. Johns/WVU, I would do everything I could to go to that game.
Many people still care about UConn basketball, but the product on the court is subpar. Perhaps attention span is declining and is a factor, or the number of fouls/pace of the game. But that applies across the country.
You cannot sit there and tell me attendance would be like this if we were in the ACC or old Big East.

Reaction Score
It doesn’t matter what the answer is. It’s just the way it is.

So keep working to alienate the paying customers. Lock the program up in Storrs and keep it all for yourselves.

If that happens you’ll see very quickly why it was a terrible idea all along.

Jesus shut up.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Same deflective nonsense you've been doing the last couple pages in here. Boring.

Yet here you are replying with nothing but name calling. Sorry to hurt your feelz for not being a gample truther.

Reaction Score
Yet here you are replying with nothing but name calling. Sorry to hurt your feelz for not being a gample truther.

You're really feeling yourself with that gample truther line huh? Not nearly as clever as you seem to think. I don't have a horse in this race either way, you just don't seem to realize how much of an idiot you look like in here with your non reasoning and incessant spam of the "gample truther" nonsense. Just take your L and walk away.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
You're really feeling yourself with that gample truther line huh? Not nearly as clever as you seem to think. I don't have a horse in this race either way, you just don't seem to realize how much of an idiot you look like in here with your non reasoning and incessant spam of the "gample truther" nonsense. Just take your L and walk away.

LOL yes you are giving out Ls. You called me a couple of names - you’ve added a tremendous amount to the conversation. We all thank you.

Reaction Score
I am a student and am chomping at the bit for games to be good again, along with several friends of mine. I am a huge fan of UConn basketball, have been my whole life. But I am less inclined to go to a UConn vs. Tulsa game if I have an exam in the next couple days. If UConn were top 25 and had a conference game against Georgetown/Villanova/Cuse/Pitt/L'ville/St. Johns/WVU, I would do everything I could to go to that game.
Many people still care about UConn basketball, but the product on the court is subpar. Perhaps attention span is declining and is a factor, or the number of fouls/pace of the game. But that applies across the country.
You cannot sit there and tell me attendance would be like this if we were in the ACC or old Big East.
I will just say this. You know when your exams are way ahead of time. If you can’t take two or three hours out to watch a game then that’s on you. But you are only a student once so I would make every effort to enjoy ANY game while you are there. Before you know it you will be an old fart like many of us and you will regret that you didn’t take advantage of every opportunity. I don’t know if I missed one home game as a student. Yes they were in the Big East but I went even when they played awful non conference opponents in Hartford and Gampel. Go to the games kids!

Reaction Score
I will just say this. You know when your exams are way ahead of time. If you can’t take two or three hours out to watch a game then that’s on you. But you are only a student once so I would make every effort to enjoy ANY game while you are there. Before you know it you will be an old fart like many of us and you will regret that you didn’t take advantage of every opportunity. I don’t know if I missed one home game as a student. Yes they were in the Big East but I went even when they played awful non conference opponents in Hartford and Gampel. Go to the games kids!
Us college students may not be a good at a lot, but procrastination is one thing we can hang our hat on.

Reaction Score
LOL yes you are giving out Ls. You called me a couple of names - you’ve added a tremendous amount to the conversation. We all thank you.

Dude you've been posting heavily for 2+ pages here and you just keep repeating yourself while adding nothing of actual substance. I didn't need to give you an L, you did it to yourself.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chino323

Top Bottom