11/3 Practice Tidbits (via Horde Twitter) | The Boneyard

11/3 Practice Tidbits (via Horde Twitter)

NowInStorrs

The truth is out there.
Reaction Score
Sid is really into taking classes, huh?

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
lol. it just keeps getting better

Be grateful I omitted their mentions of "First Night"-type activities taking place. That's more upsetting than any injuries.

Reaction Score
Probably about 150 or so kids there. The fall concert was tonight which is a big reason why there wasn't a great turnout. It was mostly just for fun stuff. Each player was introduced and then some basic drills. KO addressed the crowd a few times and then the players were dancing at midcourt. 2 kids won prizes and then the night was over. Two things I noticed - Mamadou can really slam and Anderson was lights out from 3.

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
Probably about 150 or so kids there. The fall concert was tonight which is a big reason why there wasn't a great turnout. It was mostly just for fun stuff. Each player was introduced and then some basic drills. KO addressed the crowd a few times and then the players were dancing at midcourt. 2 kids won prizes and then the night was over. Two things I noticed - Mamadou can really slam and Anderson was lights out from 3.
Thanks for that input on players. I hope they can translate that into games. That would really be a welcome addition to some of the teams needs (three point shooting and offensive rebounds and scoring).

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Yeah I can’t believe college students wouldn’t spend time on a Friday watching a basketball practice.

What is the world coming too.

Half the people there look like Mr Burns when he wants the oil under the school.

Reaction Score
Yeah I can’t believe college students wouldn’t spend time on a Friday watching a basketball practice.

What is the world coming too.

Half the people there look like Mr Burns when he wants the oil under the school.

Hope you were there preach.:rolleyes:

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Hope you were there preach.:rolleyes:

I’m guessing you don’t see the irony of you calling the lack of attendance for a PRACTICE pitiful.

At least you’ll never worry about that level of hypocrisy again since they won’t play an AAC tourney within 1500 miles ever again.

Reaction Score
I remember going to one of these open practices when I was in school. There was a pretty decent turnout but it was during a regular weekday at like 2pm. So kids would go between classes and what not.

Having it at 6pm on a Friday night is kinda silly. I know that’s when first night usually is but the allure of first night is completely different than that of a casual practice, particularly when kids want to go to the concert/hockey game/bars

Reaction Score

If Anderson can provide a reliable three point shot, that would be very big. Really hope you are right.

Reaction Score
There are a lot of issues with UConn fans.

Students at Gampel are generally not one of them.

They'll be there next Friday.
A weird twist going off this, for the first time since I’ve been here Gampel student season tickets still haven’t sold out. Funny enough XL tickets are gone but not Gampel must be because of the opponents at each venue.

Reaction Score
A weird twist going off this, for the first time since I’ve been here Gampel student season tickets still haven’t sold out. Funny enough XL tickets are gone but not Gampel must be because of the opponents at each venue.

That is interesting.

It has to be Nova/WSU.

Reaction Score
That is interesting.

It has to be Nova/WSU.

Not to go too far OT here but I was really shocked (no pun intended) that WSU wasn't at Gampel.

I'm guessing it's because the league wanted UConn/WSU as WSU's first league game on CBS and students are obviously on break during that time.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chino323

Top Bottom