1 more fl kid might be coming | Page 4 | The Boneyard

1 more fl kid might be coming

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Anyone got an idea why Montrell Dobbs is not showing as being signed by Temple today? Both Scout and Rivals are showing this. Hopefully it's not something related to academics...again! Did he not qualify?

Dobbs enrolled and started taking classes at Temple in January. He's not listed as signed because he doesn't have a scholarship yet. He needs to qualify in order to get the scholarship.

Reaction Score
Dobbs enrolled and started taking classes at Temple in January. He's not listed as signed because he doesn't have a scholarship yet. He needs to qualify in order to get the scholarship.

Thanks Kris...that all makes sense now. Hoping it all works out for him, but also wonder what happens if he doesn't qualify. Just no 'ship? ...or can't play there?

Reaction Score
If you actually check out Dobbs' fb page he has a post thanking God.. and he mentions already taking classes at Temple

Reaction Score
If you actually check out Dobbs' fb page he has a post thanking God.. and he mentions already taking classes at Temple

Yeah...thanks...had already seen where he was taking classes on a Temple board, but then the question was why no LOI signed? We now know why...and are wondering what happens if he doesn't qualify this spring...see earlier post.

Reaction Score
Yeah...thanks...had already seen where he was taking classes on a Temple board, but then the question was why no LOI signed? We now know why...and are wondering what happens if he doesn't qualify this spring...see earlier post.

He may have to sit out the year but that is still unknown at this point. I don't think they are concerned about him qualifying, it's a matter of when. From everything I've read, he's the jewel of an impressive recruiting class, so expectations are high. He's working hard and is eager to get out and compete.

http://m.facebook.com/pages/Montrell-Dobbs-Football-Page/195675907131271?id=195675907131271&_rdr

Reaction Score
Idk if we have covered this (don't jump down my throat for mentioning this), but is PP referring to Jordan Armstrong? We were waiting on his info for a while and it may still be a process approving his homeschooling records. PP is still trying with someone and I'm just throwing it out there.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
Idk if we have covered this (don't jump down my throat for mentioning this), but is PP referring to Jordan Armstrong? We were waiting on his info for a while and it may still be a process approving his homeschooling records. PP is still trying with someone and I'm just throwing it out there.

he commited to fairmount state, couldn't bcs qualify. the part i don't get is how he got away from a ucf/fiu type.

Reaction Score
he commited to fairmount state, couldn't bcs qualify. the part i don't get is how he got away from a ucf/fiu type.

Hey Dan...while we're on the topic of Armstrong's qualifying...do you have any info on what exactly is the difference between BCS qualifications and non-BCS? Obviously, the standards are higher for BCS schools, but isn't that, at least somewhat, determined by each conference? I think I read where the SEC allows two recruits in per year who fall below the BCS standards. But since it's a conference rule, not an individual school rule, it's perfectly alright. Correct me if I'm wrong here. But if not, it sure seems like a nice advantage for them if you ask me. But then again, I'm sure their not too hung up about academic qualifications!

Reaction Score
Division I uses a sliding scale to qualify at the clearinghouse. The lower your GPA the higher the SAT needed. For Division II, they use the minimum requirements, 2.0 GPA and whatever they use as a low for SAT's.

Reaction Score
Division I uses a sliding scale to qualify at the clearinghouse. The lower your GPA the higher the SAT needed. For Division II, they use the minimum requirements, 2.0 GPA and whatever they use as a low for SAT's.

Thanks HH. I'm guessing that the totals need to be higher in a BCS conference school, than a non. Like UConn vs. Temple in the Montrell Dobbs situation. He's able to qualify there, but not here because the raw scores needed to get into UConn are higher?

Reaction Score
Thanks HH. I'm guessing that the totals need to be higher in a BCS conference school, than a non. Like UConn vs. Temple in the Montrell Dobbs situation. He's able to qualify there, but not here because the raw scores needed to get into UConn are higher?
The requirements to be eligible to play are the same at both schools, however the admission standards may be different. Stanford seems to go through this every year with a player or two.

Reaction Score
A
The requirements to be eligible to play are the same at both schools, however the admission standards may be different. Stanford seems to go through this every year with a player or two.

Alright thanks Harry. For some reason I thought a BCS conference had different standards having to be met. But I must not have understood that accurately.

Reaction Score
Mike Grant tweeted this earlier.
MikeGrant22 Mike Grant
Hearing rumors that UConn is involved with TJ Boges, a high school teammate of Neally Cunningham (a 2012, commit who will go JUCO for a yr).
Looks as if he enrolled at Dean JC in Mass. with Neally. Could it be that both come to UConn next year?

Though I can't find T J on the major sites, I was able to find some highlights.
http://www.hudl.com/athlete/912806/tj-boges

Reaction Score
i love LOVE how PP is using dean and milford. thats putting a uconn mark new england/northeast.

neally and tj are #1 and 2 for 2013 is sounds like to me!

http://m.floridatoday.com/sports/article?a=2012302020032&f=1225
this confirms both are going to dean

he made the all space coast d team this year fwiw

You're right...and PP is not only getting Florida kids to enroll directly into UConn (as with our five recruits yesterday), but also giving other Florida kids a place to JUCO, that's close to UC, before hopefully coming aboard next year.

Reaction Score

Here everything you need to know about attaining eligibilty, the differences between the division requirements, and the sliding scale related to GPA and SAT/ACT scores.
http://www.ncaapublications.com/productdownloads/CBSA.pdf

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog