Zach Brown's recruitiment part of investigation | Page 8 | The Boneyard

Zach Brown's recruitiment part of investigation

Reaction Score
There’s no witch hunt here. The NCAA isn’t staying up nights trying to find a way to stop the seventh-best team in the American Conference.

They heard something from someone and that let them in the door. If UConn didn’t do anything, we’ll be fine. If they did, we won’t.

They’re not going to invent crap just for the hell of it.
I don't believe in conspiracies theories but if all it takes to open an investigation & do a 100 hours of interviews is hearing "something from someone" that seems like selective hearing. I think you know that saying if " UConn didn't do anything we'll be fine" doesn't tell the full picture, the mere news of the investigation & the presence of the investigation is almost as damaging as any finding. So I don't think it's a "witch hunt" but I do believe the NCAA may choose to have selective "hearing" & that damage is already being done to UConn by the investigation even if nothing comes of it when the NCAA chooses to release their findings.

Reaction Score
Conspiracy or not, it is simply ludicrous to spend resources and time investigating practices that are so ineffective they have lead to 0 actual recruits.

Reaction Score
There are probably more investigations than most are aware of...each fan base is acutely aware of its own.

How many think about the NCAA's 2016 investigation of improprieties in Mizzou's basketball program, or 2016's investigation of Ole Miss football booster involvement/benefits, or SMU's lost 9 schollies and post season ban or Hawaii's loss of scholarships for BB?

We do hear about Louisville's mess and their vacating of 123 victories, a vacated NC and final four appearances, four years probation, loss of scholarships, loss of $15 million in tourney payouts and a postseason ban.

GemParty

Co~host of the Sliders & Curveballs Podcast
Reaction Score
Maybe they're investigating how a team with 4 titles in twenty years, can't recruit a few 5 star guys. Our grad transfer pipeline is a worry.

Reaction Score
They heard something from someone and that let them in the door.
I want to know who said something and why. Lots of people could turn in any high major program in the country. So why UConn?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom