Yard’s Current Mental State | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Yard’s Current Mental State

Reaction Score
The Yard’s enthusiasm barometer is off the charts, highest since April 2014 (please see the charts on The Weather Channel App). We passed the early tests with flying colors and I haven’t been as excited about our team’s players and potential since…forever, but could we actually get beaten out there by a team other than Creighton? No. Or at least not from what I have been reading from posts the last couple days.
So should we run into a Teddy Allen clone I have assembled counselors and a suicide prevention hotline just for this unlikely event. Of course should that team be Providence or St. John’s we’re all going to need medication and lots of it. I will not address a losing streak at this time because it’s unfathomable. Never hurts to be prepared.
With very, very, very rare exceptions every team loses games. This team is going to lose some games and thats fine. We only have to win every game we play after March 4th.

Icehawk

TFG
Reaction Score
I'm all in. I was hoping this year would be what's happening and I'm just going to continue to live the dream. I know better than to poke mojo so I'll leave it at that.

Give me the kool-aid ma, 'cause I'm going up Heaven's Chimney!

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
My resume speaks for itself, commoner.
You used to coulda been somebody, and you, yes, did have it.

If you're angling to be the mentor, then step up.

Otherwise, your waffling last year added up to being a drag on @Penfield, a cautionary tale on mixing a cocktail of distraction & hubris, and an insult to your legacy seen in the best light.

You don't have to be done, but if you are, then retire like a mensch not a boor.

Reaction Score
Doomed, the Judge, Rolling Rocks, pizza and wings and the rest never shall go away. In the meantime I won’t get too high as there is a long year ahead. Too not be excited about the potential of a special year is impossible but I think the majority here have Goo Goo eyes set on the finish line already. I still need to see the BE season and finding a way to beat the Blue Jays. There are others who will give us hell like the Johnnies and Xavier but for me Creighton is a must. If you can’t find a way to beat them then that first round exit can repeat as well. I’m thinking we will change this pattern but let’s get there first.

Reaction Score
I know, I know theres highs and lows. We're doomed, I get it.

But the good guys are in the top 10 and the bad guys are losing games by 30. Right now, this is CBB paradise

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Trying too hard. If it comes naturally we will know and it will be fun. If not, let it go.
Hard things are hard and that’s what makes them worthwhile. I does Donovan Clingan say I will get this rebound, but only if it’s not too hard? Does Adama say I’m gonna back this guy down and score but only if it’s not too hard? Did Hurley stop looking for players on the portal because it wasn’t fun?

I’m beginning to wonder if some of you are worthy of this team.

Reaction Score
Hard things are hard and that’s what makes them worthwhile. I does Donovan Clingan say I will get this rebound, but only if it’s not too hard? Does Adama say I’m gonna back this guy down and score but only if it’s not too hard? Did Hurley stop looking for players on the portal because it wasn’t fun?

I’m beginning to wonder if some of you are worthy of this team.
I referenced in another thread, so you are Maker’s Muppet LOL. It was for those who never saw it the funniest and best post in the history of the internet with perfect impeccable timing and result.

Reaction Score
Eph Deepster, he shut the bed theto years running. He’s dryed up.
Rolling Rocks and wings. Charlie Sheen and Winning. Senhor Testiculo.

I'm not going out like Sinatra at the end. Slurring on stage, forgetting the words. I exited gracefully, much like Coach Calhoun did.

CL82

Reaction Score

I'm not going out like Sinatra at the end. Slurring on stage, forgetting the words. I exited gracefully, much like Coach Calhoun did.
No, you went out crying about the whole hanging tradition and dumpling on it. You could’ve gone out at the top of your game, instead you Jim Boeheimed it. That’s 100% on you.

So, you’re out. Fine. But shut the hell up about it now and don’t try to screw up another run this year.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score

... and then bounced back-and-forth, trashing the trial tradition with one hand and proclaiming your excellence with the other; poo-pooing mojo having taken credit for "If you think it effects the mojo, it effects the mojo;" , relenting w/endorsement & encouragement when a someone from the Twitter sphere stepped up; signaling greater excitement about & interest in a St Paddy's game day sloshing-good-time in Nashville; creating an unexpected & contextually solid avatar (that has now pushed past its 'best by' date and begs for a refresh before PC finds its way this season); and then happily harvesting backpats from fellow dinosaurs with legitimately fond memories but susceptible to your prioritizing the cult of personality for egoistic purposes over the need to take care of business in a team in a new era. Finally, you re-dissed the enterprise as a parting shot, as though you'd gone out a winner.

And now you're still working the, "I am the great and powerful Oz" angle, with a side order of, "Don't you know who I am?" As if.

The landscape has indeed changed, and this board has no more dominant a community-gathering power now than cable, which is a far & fractured cry from 9 seasons ago. But frontrunning futility and selling it a prescience while pointing to your resume is nothing that issues forth from a mountaintop. It's a dodge, an abdication, and a sad farce rolled into one. Better put, it's everything you are claiming it is not.

But all of this is a mistimed and unwarranted side show. It's still November, possibly the best November every, surely a contender. But it is all one game at a time.

This is a time to build together toward common interest & aspiration as a set of teams... coaches, players, and fans. Principles before personalities. What say you, friend?

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
I referenced in another thread, so you are Maker’s Muppet LOL. It was for those who never saw it the funniest and best post in the history of the internet with perfect impeccable timing and result.
Like Spartacus, we are all Maker's Muppet.

Reaction Score
No, you went out crying about the whole hanging tradition and dumpling on it. You could’ve gone out at the top of your game, instead you Jim Boeheimed it. That’s 100% on you.

So, you’re out. Fine. But shut the hell up about it now and don’t try to screw up another run this year.
Sadly, I'm the biggest proponent of this tradition that there is. You definitely don't want me to back out of the room.

Note: I called it out in this thread to get you idiots in line with plenty of time this year......

CL82

Reaction Score
Sadly, I'm the biggest proponent of this tradition that there is. You definitely don't want me to back out of the room.
After last year‘s debacle, yeah, I do. You half assed it and then crapped all over the tradition. It was thoroughly disappointing.

So you’re out. OK, that’s fine, but then stay the eph out. None of this “I’m in, no I’m out, no I’m back in, no I’m out, no you want me in” Stop, OK?

It got too hard for you, the well was dry, you got the yips… whatever. I don’t give a flying eph one way or the other, you wanted out, you’re out. Just man up and stay out of it then.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Buy the ticket, take the ride.

I feel like Phil Lesh in Fire on the Mountain in 1978, just strutting along playing some awesome stuff no one really cares to listen too closely to hear.

Everyone’s talking about Creighton and Texas and Jerry’s funky guitar rifts.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
The gloating at Syracuse's troubles is bad mojo. If we were doomed Tuesday, we're really Doomed Thursday.
I can't help myself, though.

CL82

Reaction Score
The gloating at Syracuse's troubles is bad mojo
No, gloating at Syracuse is trouble is good mojo, the best really. All fan bases get to dislike other fan bases, and Syracuse is a great pick.

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
I’m all in. Every game now is our biggest game. It’s Final 4 or bust IMO.

CL82

Reaction Score
I’m all in. Every game now is our biggest game. It’s Final 4 or bust IMO.
We Are Doomed Reaction GIF by CBS

Reaction Score
After last year‘s debacle, yeah, I do. You half assed it and then crapped all over the tradition. It was thoroughly disappointing.

So you’re out. OK, that’s fine, but then stay the eph out. None of this “I’m in, no I’m out, no I’m back in, no I’m out, no you want me in” Stop, OK?

It got too hard for you, the well was dry, you got the yips… whatever. I don’t give a flying eph one way or the other, you wanted out, you’re out. Just man up and stay out of it then.
You're not the boss of me.

Reaction Score
Only if I believe it to be an offense to the mojo. It isn't. I believe the mojo is an offense to me. The mojo just gave us two first round losses after not making the dance for years. Right now, the mojo consists of a bunch old guys with only half-a-heart in it saying "you take it" to each other. Screw the mojo. I'm never buying or drinking another Rolling Rock in my life. I'm gonna content myself with watching this team kick ass.
Well when you put it that way. I’ll stop with my DOOMED! (unless we lose tonight - then I’ll blame you and double my efforts).

Reaction Score
Only if I believe it to be an offense to the mojo. It isn't. I believe the mojo is an offense to me. The mojo just gave us two first round losses after not making the dance for years. Right now, the mojo consists of a bunch old guys with only half-a-heart in it saying "you take it" to each other. Screw the mojo. I'm never buying or drinking another Rolling Rock in my life. I'm gonna content myself with watching this team kick ass.

You look at it as if Rolling Rocks led to 2 first round losses, that's awful in itself. I look at it being an old guy half heartedly saying we won 4 National Championships, got close on numerous others with this mojo. The Sacreds forever!

But go ahead, jump on the youngsters bandwagon, see where that takes you.

Last edited:
Reaction Score

You know, now that I think about it, it sure would be nice (and overdue) for you all to throw me a "Thank you" retirement celebration for all my year's as your Mojo Master. Maybe you could dedicate a day to me every year to recognize my greatness. I'm open to ideas.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom