Yard’s Current Mental State | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Yard’s Current Mental State

Reaction Score
Me since Alabama game

Willem Dafoe Smile GIF

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
I was cautiously optimistic at the start of the season. Not sure we had all the right piece. Lots of new faces and couple of promising freshman.

Now I'm all in. The PK Tournament was the statement needed. This team is going to be fun to watch.

Reaction Score
The Yard’s enthusiasm barometer is off the charts, highest since April 2014 (please see the charts on The Weather Channel App). We passed the early tests with flying colors and I haven’t been as excited about our team’s players and potential since…forever, but could we actually get beaten out there by a team other than Creighton? No. Or at least not from what I have been reading from posts the last couple days.
So should we run into a Teddy Allen clone I have assembled counselors and a suicide prevention hotline just for this unlikely event. Of course should that team be Providence or St. John’s we’re all going to need medication and lots of it. I will not address a losing streak at this time because it’s unfathomable. Never hurts to be prepared.

What's not to like? Undefeated. Blowing out opponents. Bringing home trophies. Playing a beautiful brand of basketball. New faces are delivering on their promise. Veterans playing like veterans. We even faced -and overcame- a little adversity with the loss of Hawk and Dre early in the season.

Nothing lasts forever especially in sports. Upsets and WTE lossses are part of life. There will be bumps in the road. However, WE'RE FANS! Our calling card is irrational exuberance. Go Huskies.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
Unbeaten or bust

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
The comment re: Kentucky '96 in the Johnson thread notwithstanding, there's potential for about 30 games remaining. I'm trying to not get ahead of myself.

I'm not being particularly successful.

Reaction Score
All this joy and enthusiasm makes me just hope we never lose. Because I've seen the worse in some of these very sunshine posters in this thread.

Frightened GIFs | Tenor 220 × 172

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Who is the judge now?
Prankster took a shot at it, I think, but it was an 11th hour rush job. I’d be fine with him going forward, but we just need to do the entire ritual: nominations, trial, sentencing. The last couple years it’s been pretty much just random sentencing. A half-assed process leads to half-assed results.

Reaction Score
Prankster took a shot at it, I think, but it was an 11th hour rush job. I’d be fine with him going forward, but we just need to do the entire ritual: nominations, trial, sentencing. The last couple years it’s been pretty much just random sentencing. A half-assed process leads to half-assed results.
Trying too hard. If it comes naturally we will know and it will be fun. If not, let it go.

Reaction Score
I went all in after Alabama. Was not sure about this team and how the pieces were going to fit.
They fit together very nicely.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Joke? You, sir, are an offense to the mojo.
Only if I believe it to be an offense to the mojo. It isn't. I believe the mojo is an offense to me. The mojo just gave us two first round losses after not making the dance for years. Right now, the mojo consists of a bunch old guys with only half-a-heart in it saying "you take it" to each other. Screw the mojo. I'm never buying or drinking another Rolling Rock in my life. I'm gonna content myself with watching this team kick ass.

CL82

Reaction Score
Only if I believe it to be an offense to the mojo. It isn't. I believe the mojo is an offense to me. The mojo just gave us two first round losses after not making the dance for years. Right now, the mojo consists of a bunch old guys with only half-a-heart in it saying "you take it" to each other. Screw the mojo. I'm never buying or drinking another Rolling Rock in my life. I'm gonna content myself with watching this team kick ass.
Bookmarked. I’d say that you were a good hanging candidate, except I don’t think we could squeeze much mojo out of you.

May the basketball gods have mercy on your soul.

CL82

Reaction Score
My resume speaks for itself, commoner.
Oh well, let me just go through it..
Blasphemer…. Quitter…. And let’s see now you want to jump back on the bandwagon?

Thank you for your interest in Connecticut basketball. We’ll let you know.

CL82

Reaction Score
@Deepster that tradition is probably gonna die if you don’t re man your post. Don’t let it die.
Eph Deepster, he shut the bed theto years running. He’s dryed up.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom